What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rosal76

Reaction score
I got a bunch of Resident Evil games in a bundle and tried to start up 5... just couldn't do it.

Resident Evil 5 is very, very heavy on firearms combat almost to the point of it being a military shooting game instead of how older Resident Evil games used to be They could have called it Battle Evil or Call of Evil. There are some cool things in the game like unlocking and fully upgrading the Smith and Wesson M200, not to be confused with the Smith and Wesson M29. When fully upgraded, the M200 is amusing to use because the unbelievable power is has over the enemies. To tell you the truth, using the fully upgraded M200 felt like cheating because many of the enemies, excluding sub bosses/bosses, die from one shot from that gun and your sense of desperation becomes non existent in the game. I only used it because I told all of the enemies that gave me problems on the first playthrough that, "I'll be back". :lol:

Maybe 4, or Revelations will be better.

As what forum member MFB stated before me, 4 is the pinnacle in the series. Very, very adventurous game. Unfortunately, Capcom has not been able to release a RE game afterwards that could top or even equal 4.

I love Revelations because it's old school RE. Good mix of creepy creatures and action. Be forewarned though, there are stages in that game that can be tough on Normal and just flat out annoying to beat on Hard.:realmad:

soylentgreene

Reaction score
Star Wars: The Old Republic the last few days. I pre ordered it before it launched and was just so dissapointed. I tried it again in '13 and it still wasn't there yet but this last update seems like they changed a lot more. We'll see :cheers:

Glad Im not the only one trying this again lol. Im enjoying this new xpac so far. Curious to see where it goes. And its getting me more hyped for Episode VII :hbang:

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Buckle in. Its one hell of a ride.

Powered through episode 2 of season 1 last night (that ended pretty disturbingly, but it IS Walking Dead...). Downloaded Season 2 (FO' FREE!) while I was at work yesterday (thank you PS app) and from what I'm seeing without spoiling it for myself, it gets even crazier. Something about Telltale games are just plain fun. I also have the first episode for Tales from the Borderlands, which is pretty damn amusing, and will probably play the Game of Thrones game if I can ever get around to watching the damn show.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Just picked up a ps4. Been playing Warframe while waiting for Dark Souls 2 to come in from Amazon. Super fun time-killer/grinding game.

Audacis

A band and also not
Reaction score
Keep on going back to the indie darlings like FTL: Faster Than Light, Undertale and Binding of Isaac: Rebirth lately. Maybe it's down to not having a decent PC to run AAA titles on any more!

Soon though; I'll be back in the race. Picked up Fallout 4 and SOMA lately, and I'm really looking forward to getting a copy of Vermintide.

Audacis

A band and also not
Reaction score
I just found out that my cheap-o mini-tower has a DVD drive. It's hidden behind a panel and has no eject button. (?)

So, I whipped out Command & Conquer: The First Decade and found that everything runs nice and smooth even without a graphics card! This will tide me over til the new rig finally arrives.

Also for the older titles in that series, OpenRA is a pretty good remake of the first two (and Westwood's Dune 2000) that works well online. There's a Tiberian Sun mod coming out for it; nearly done, but no release date yet. =/

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
On Episode 4 of Season 1 of the Walking Dead.
Also almost walked out of BestBuy the other day with used copies of Bloodbourne and Alien: Isolation. And probably will end up doing so this weekend anyway. I mean, Alien was only 15 bucks.

Thanatopsis

Reaction score
So many good games have come out in the last year that I'm having trouble keeping up with everything I want to play. Last few days I've been playing Mad Max. From what I've read the gameplay gets a little old and repetitive as the game goes on, but the graphics are definitely damn impressive.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Working my way through the Legacy of the Void campaign. Co-op missions have been pretty fun, but they'll get stale soon enough without new maps...

Rosal76

Reaction score
Aaaaand got Bloodbourne.

You, my friend, have much patience. Props to ya. I don't have the game myself but my friend had it for his PS4 and I watched him play it. Man, did that game kick his ass and take his lunch money. :mad:

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
You, my friend, have much patience. Props to ya. I don't have the game myself but my friend had it for his PS4 and I watched him play it. Man, did that game kick his ass and take his lunch money. :mad:

Because it's Dark Souls III, if there wasn't already going to be a Dark Souls III :lol:

Also, I feel like it wasn't a great idea, because I very well may end up with Fallout 4 by the end of the night. Also, I refuse to get Metal Gear Solid V until I beat 4, and, well, I should probably keep going at that....

EDIT: Yup, got Fallout 4.

Last edited:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
While everyone is playing Fallout 4, I still need my Tales fix.

Tales_of_Zestiria_JP_boxart.png

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Most of the way through the Legacy of the Void campaign now.

Gameplay's been pretty fun, mass void ray wrecks everything (so do the teleporting fury DTs), but the writing still sucks.

Audacis

A band and also not
Reaction score
W40k: Space Marine. One of the most cathartic games I own, I think. That and some actual W40k with friends on Tabletop Simulator. I've also got DmC: Devil May Cry reinstalled now! Say what you want about how Dante looks, this game is a worthy addition to the series, and with better writing than the previous 4 games combined. (And considering the story is They Live retold for a modern audience, that's saying a lot about Capcom's own efforts (or lack thereof.))

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
"Cathartic" is the best way to describe Space Marine :lol: not like, stellar or anything, but damn did they get the feeling of being a Marine down. Animations and weight are amazingly well tuned.

')