What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of which.

Omg, I need those. Brutal Doom is honestly one of the most fun games I've had the pleasure of playing the last couple of years, (I only discovered it last year) what with the crazy fast gameplay, the crazy mods, custom levels, and the music patches.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
The first expansion has a great story. The second is a whole other animal! This is really one of the best games ever made.

True story dude...I always thought TLoU had a lot more gravitas and was worth more as a gaming experience, but I think this last expansion surpassed it as a whole. You can buy the base game for $25 now, plus $35 for both expansions and have over 200 hours of never repeating the same thing. They created an entire world. Seriously, applause CDPR. :bowdown:

I'm 74 hours in and still not quite done the base game... I'll get there eventually :p

I'm about 10 hours into the latest expansion and I feel like I've accomplished nothing...THIS is how you do an expansion. It's utterly enormous and filled with awesome.

Just grabbed Grandmaster Manticore gear, this stuff is EXPENSIVE. Also, I now own an awesome vineyard. My place rules. Weird as I never do this, but I totally upgraded that bitch....everything that can be done has been and I like it.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Just beat the main story to Blood and Wine. I wanted to hold off but it was super compelling and I couldnt help myself :lol:

Even so, I still have lots of exploring to do!

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
So I'm contemplating trading in some combination of Madden 16, Fallout 4, Trials Fusion, WWE 2K16, and Until Dawn, and getting one of Overwatch, Ratchet and Clank, or the Uncharted Collection (I want to play 4 so bad but need to get through the first 3), I was thinking Witcher 3 but I still have Shadows of Mordor to work on for my fantasy slasher. On top of that, the first two Batman Arkham games are getting rereleased and I'd like to play those before delving into Arkham Knight.
So, Any suggestions?

(I thought Doom too because its awesome, but I feel like I can rent it again and be done with in within a day or two from where I am)

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
So I'm contemplating trading in some combination of Madden 16, Fallout 4, Trials Fusion, WWE 2K16, and Until Dawn, and getting one of Overwatch, Ratchet and Clank, or the Uncharted Collection (I want to play 4 so bad but need to get through the first 3), I was thinking Witcher 3 but I still have Shadows of Mordor to work on for my fantasy slasher. On top of that, the first two Batman Arkham games are getting rereleased and I'd like to play those before delving into Arkham Knight.
So, Any suggestions?

(I thought Doom too because its awesome, but I feel like I can rent it again and be done with in within a day or two from where I am)

Shadows doesnt come close to The Witcher 3. Nothing does. Definitely get it.

Reaction score
Tried some Doom multiplayer and Jesus Tapdancing Christ is it abysmal. The only game I can think of that's had a more disconnected singleplayer and multiplayer experience is Spec Ops: The Line.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Whilst playing Bioshock, I'm also acknowledging the fact that I can never get away from JRPGs. :lol:

LoH_Sen_no_Kiseki_cover.jpg

This is the accumulation of every goofy anime and JRPG trope and cliche known to man, but I'll openly admit it's my kind of goof. And I'm having fun with this one.

crystallake

Reaction score
Back to Final Fantasy X for the PS4. Announced today that 12 will be getting a remaster on the PS4.

I just finished up the remastered X. Although I think it's been since high school that I played the original, it wasn't bad.

Glad to see 12 is being remastered. Such an underrated and in-depth game.

(crosses fingers for FF 9)

Pav

???
Reaction score
8 hours and 15 minutes until the release of Mirror's Edge Catalyst! Can't wait to get back into parkour.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I might have to pick up Stellaris. I've never been a big on 4X games (or even strategy games for that matter, beyond SimCity), but dammit, Scott Manley can make anything seem interesting. :lol:

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I was really tempted to pick it up but I'm pretty sure I'll just play it once or twice and then never touch it again. Similarly concerned about that with getting Total War: Warhammer.

I did just grab The Witness, though.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
currently jumping between Overwatch and DOOM!

DOOM is such a great game I feel sort of guilty neglecting it for Overwatch. . . but its so addicting!

Repner

Reaction score
Back to Final Fantasy X for the PS4. Announced today that 12 will be getting a remaster on the PS4.

Interestingly I was just checking earlier this week to see if there was any more news about this, and then saw the trailer last night. Glad to see it'll be based on the Zodiac Job System International version we never got here in the west. People who've played the patched import it say it's the definitive version of the game.

I've been excited for this since i heard the rumours last year. I can't play the original anymore because I just can't wrap my head around inverted camera controls (You used to have to adapt to camera controls every other game back then. Something I haven't done in at least 10 years). That and I feel like FFXII was one game that really warranted an HD remaster. No more artificial screen blur option in order to disguise the jagged edges.

(crosses fingers for FF 9)

They've released IX's remaster for Steam, iOS and Android, so I hope they bring it to consoles at some point.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Glad to hear about the FFXII remaster, never really got much time with that game. And good lord, please do something with VIII And IX while they're at it for consoles.

In the meantime, I'm at the point of FFX where I'm pretty much grinding and finishing side quests and such before I go ahead and beat it. Then time to move on to X2 and Type-0.

')