What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
I just finished up the remastered X. Although I think it's been since high school that I played the original, it wasn't bad.

Glad to see 12 is being remastered. Such an underrated and in-depth game.

(crosses fingers for FF 9)

My God was 9 such an amazing game. One of the most underrated in the series, IMO. I have a PSTV, so I get to play PSONE classics such as 7,8, and 9. They also released Breath of Fire III in N. America not long ago.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Playing some more older games lately. Just finished Hitman: Contracts "HD" on the PS3. Had it for a while after getting the HD Collection off PS+. Still a fun game but I can't said it's aged well. Plus the porting process created a few more bugs (I had some bad artifacting at one point).

I thought I had Far Cry 3 but it's actually Crysis 3 (which I didn't hear good things about), but I do have Tomb Raider which I might start next. I've thought about starting BioShock Inifinite but I hated the original.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Picked up Doom, Uncharted 4 and today Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Doom was what I expected but wish it would of had a darker Art Direction. Creatures are slightly leaning more to the cartoony side for my tastes.

Uncharted 4 is soo gorgeous and finely crafted all around. The vistas are massive and the camera work really helps to enhance the gameplay. I found it a fitting game to be a possible ending point for the franchise. I'm more into story/campaign games these days and I would give this game of the year hands down. Halfway through a 2nd play through. So haven't touched Doom much since. Naughty Dog just keeps raising the quality bar high. I really want a Last of Us 2 now!

Mirror's Edge seems solid so far, I loved the 1st one and the vibe/art direction and music. This seems to be retaining that decently. Haven't played too much but the open world city angle seems to work for this type of game. Seems like a re-imagining of the story/and somewhat the universe also. Have to play it more to have a more concrete judgement. But the controls and running feel familiar and more fine tuned to me.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Just wrapped up a second "evil" playthrough of inFamous Second Son. Good fun, although as usual the story is stronger when playing as a "good guy". Now waiting for Uncharted 4.

Uncharted 4 is soo gorgeous and finely crafted all around..... Naughty Dog just keeps raising the quality bar high. I really want a Last of Us 2 now!

Glad to hear that it holds up compared to previous titles in the franchise. And ditto 100% on The Last Of Us 2.... if they've got a story worth playing.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Playing some more older games lately. Just finished Hitman: Contracts "HD" on the PS3.

:agreed:

Favorite game right there!!!

Did you see the ghost in the Traditions of the Trade mission? I first played the game when it was on the PS2 and one night, I was playing it really late because I loved the game so much and he, the ghost, appeared. At first, I thought I imagined it because it was late and I might have been really tired and I wouldn't think that a ghost would appear in a stealth game. Silent Hill and the Fatal Frame games maybe but not in Hitman. He does show up in the PS3 HD collection.

Ghost in the Hitman Contracts game.

latest

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
So my 6 year old loves Castle Crashers, Minecraft (duh), Terraria, and Portal 2. Any recommendations for what I should get him next? (He was kind of meh on Machinarium.)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
So my 6 year old loves Castle Crashers, Minecraft (duh), Terraria, and Portal 2. Any recommendations for what I should get him next? (He was kind of meh on Machinarium.)

Dumb question, but has he tried the LEGO series? The Batman and Avengers ones are fun.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score

FEZ.

fezfezfezfezfez.

Portal 1, World of Goo, Ori and the Blind Forest, Bastion, Transistor, and if you want to make his head explode Antichamber (it's like Portal, if Portal took some acid and went meta).

Reaction score
:agreed:

Favorite game right there!!!

Did you see the ghost in the Traditions of the Trade mission? I first played the game when it was on the PS2 and one night, I was playing it really late because I loved the game so much and he, the ghost, appeared. At first, I thought I imagined it because it was late and I might have been really tired and I wouldn't think that a ghost would appear in a stealth game. Silent Hill and the Fatal Frame games maybe but not in Hitman. He does show up in the PS3 HD collection.

Ghost in the Hitman Contracts game.

latest

Yeah, there's a trophy for killing him. It was a lot harder to than I remember it being but it might have just been because I was still getting accustomed to the controls after a decade away from the game.

Got landlocked with the flooding down here so I blazed through Blood Money a few days back also. That game still looks good in HD.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
I beat Uncharted 4 twice and got all the treasures and such, so I decided to go back and re-play Uncharted 1 - 3 all the way...

In Uncharted 1, relatively poorer graphic aside, I really don't recall the number of enemies in each stage... I was in Chapter 4 last night, and it seemingly like wave after wave of enemies kept coming in to try and kill me; and there must have been way over 50 of them in Chapter 4 alone!! Plus, it is my first re-play of U1 since 2010 or 2011 I think, I noticed the aiming and weapon reloading systems are just not as smooth as to my liking... I am sure it was ok and cool back in the day though... still trying to enjoy my re-play run, and hopefully I won't get too frustrated by it in latter chapters.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
PSN had a pretty good sale, and Alien Isolation, Dragon Age Inquisition, and The Order 1886 for $20 seemed like a good deal.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
^I keep waiting for the price-drop on downloadable (not disc) XB1 version of Alien: Isolation.

I somehow managed to get sucked right back in to Elite: Dangerous. It's stupidly grindey, but I don't have anything else that's really scratching the itch, right now...

Soon, though. Just a matter of time before Mass Effect: Andromeda!!

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Recommend me something new!!! I was really hoping Umbrella Corps would be good, but it would seem that the internet has unanimously agreed that it sucks!!! I might break down and get it to try, but maybe you guys can recommend me something in the 30 dollars range on PS4???

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Uncharted Collection?
D3: Ultimate Evil Edition?
FarCry 4?

Those would probably be your best dollar:playtime games

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
^I keep waiting for the price-drop on downloadable (not disc) XB1 version of Alien: Isolation.

It's definitely worth the $11.99 I ended up paying. I don't like horror movies much, but have seem to have really gotten into horror games recently. A lot of this, Until Dawn, Outlast...

Pav

???
Reaction score
I'm still trying to finish the platinum trophy for Alien Isolation myself. It was a surprisingly good game but there are some game-breaking bugs near the end that really marred the experience, at least on PS4.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Finished Uncharted 4 with my wife (I played and she's been following the story since Drake's Fortune).

Wow. I gotta say, this might be the first game where I enjoyed the pacing, action and story so thoroughly that I don't know if I want to play again to try and complete everything. Almost feels like going back through would cheapen it somehow.

I don't want to go into detail for fear of spoilers or raising expectations too much for others, but the developers captured some magic with this one.

Latest posts

')