What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Rented Deadpool for PS4. Seems like it's good for that, a rental to play through on a weekend if you're a Deadpool fan.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Pokemon GO.

I hope my friends and family remember me for who I was before I started playing, and not as that kid who got run over by a bus while trying to catch a Zubat, or the idiot who got killed while telling his muggers to wait because he'd almost defeated one of Montreal's Team Mystic's gym leaders, or the moron who was driven to financial and legal ruin after collecting dozens upon dozens of loitering tickets.

Godspeed.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Omfg I bought Surgeon Simulator via PSN for less than $2 yesterday. This game is morbidly hilarious. :lol:

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Just picked up Furi (free in playstation plus) and it's pretty cool. Kind of like a bullet hell (think that's what you call them), mixed with a 3rd person action. Definitely challenging, just beat the second boss but it was a struggle, but then again I wouldn't say I'm good at the aforementioned bullet hell type games.

Anyway cool game so far.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Finished Deadpool and Firewatch. The latter in particular was a pretty nice experience overall.

Back to grinding Final Fantasy X HD. Got 3 of 7 celestial weapons complete. If anyone knows where to get fortune speres and can recommend the quickest way to fill sphere grids, please chime in.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I've been flip-flopping between a bunch of games. I ran through The Witcher 2, mainly as an excuse to play The Witcher 3 again, Skyrim, Bioshock, Bioshock infinite, Doom, Fable, ad Dying Light. I've actually beaten every one of those games at least once before. Sometimes its fun to relive the experience.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of replaying Borderlands, but this time with all the DLC. I'm on Playthrough 2 and just finished the main game, just starting the General Knoxx DLC now. I want to get every achievement on Steam before moving on to BL2, which I've owned for years but never played because I wanted to 100% the original first, haha. Such a fantastic game.

Also playing Star Wars: Galaxy Of Heroes on mobile, fantastic game with a ridiculous reputation for being a "pay-to-win" game. In 3 months I hit the max level cap (which of course is continually raised over time), so it's a well balanced game, to me.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
Another play through of FF8, and playing through Crash Bandicoot 1-3 as well. I'm just a fiend for nostalgia, it's the only way I can actually stay concentrated on a game :lol:

Pav

???
Reaction score
I really wish this was ported to PS4 in some way. I'd love to play through it again. I do have it on PS3, but I'm contemplating selling it since I pretty much never play it....

I'm really really really really hoping that when every PS4 owner in the world buys the FFVII Remake, Squeenix will finally get the ....ing message and give other FF games a serious remake. Remakes of 6 and 8 would be spectacular.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm really really really really hoping that when every PS4 owner in the world buys the FFVII Remake, Squeenix will finally get the ....ing message and give other FF games a serious remake. Remakes of 6 and 8 would be spectacular.

Honestly I'll take Remasters even at this point. VII Remake is going to take long enough as it is, plus XV about to drop...

Although a new IX would be sweet...

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
there are some game-breaking bugs near the end that really marred the experience, at least on PS4.

For example?

I played through the game once and did not see any really bad ones. Now im thinking about playing it again and go for the platinum trophy.

Pav

???
Reaction score
For example?

I played through the game once and did not see any really bad ones. Now im thinking about playing it again and go for the platinum trophy.

I had major glitches take place in missions 15 and 16. Apparently there is a known connection between saving your game while aboard the Anesidora and the remainder of the game not working correctly. Once I hit mission 16, my right analog stick wouldn't work at all, meaning I couldn't turn Ripley in any direction. I had to stumble through the entire mission facing in whatever direction the game spawned me initially. Somehow I managed to get through that only to hit mission 17 where the door to my end objective was permanently locked, preventing me from progressing any further. I had to reload into mission 14 and replay those levels to finish the game. I quickly replayed the entire game again after that and had no problems at all, so it isn't something you'll encounter every single time. But if it does happen in your game, you'll know. :lol:

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Been playing Black Desert Online , grinding away and it's quite a time sink, but still enjoying it as they keep adding new challenges and expanding the map size.

On Ps4 - was playing the new Mirror's Edge, Got halfway thru my Uncharted 4 2nd playthrough then decided to go back and play Uncharted 1-3. Nearing the end of 3.

Back to PC to check out Telltale game's Walking Dead Season 1, Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands. ( currently doing an art test for the studio so I had to do some research)

I really enjoy the quality of the writing and suspense. I'd say I'm into Walking Dead the most. I do feel their games have that false sense of choice that most story games fall victim to, But I still want to find out what happens like watching the TV shows they are based off of.

Reaction score
On Ps4 - was playing the new Mirror's Edge

Everyone was hyped for that prior to but now that's been out for a while (a fact I forgot about) nobody's talking about it. Is it any good? Did it actually warrant being a prequel? Did you have to unlock abilities given to you in the original like the internet was outraged about?

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
I like what I've played of it so far, but I've always been a fan of the Mirror's Edge franchise.

It feels like the original as far as movement and such and I think the open world works pretty well with this style of game. They kind of did Assassin's Creed/Farcry-ish collectibles/sidequests with even a touch of collecting things like the orbs in the Crackdown games.

You do unlock abilities in skill trees, but it doesn't bug me. Not sure why people were so up in arms about that.

And they still have some pretty and stylish graphics to the universe.

Pav

???
Reaction score
I platinum'd Catalyst on PS4. If you liked the original, you'll like Catalyst. You do have to unlock some of the standard abilities in the beginning but they come so quickly that it isn't a big deal at all.

Latest posts

')