What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Downloaded AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake) the same day it came out, before Nintendo blasted the developers with a DMCA notice to take it down. 8 years of development have not been for naught. It plays as well, and perhaps even better, than Super Metroid and Metroid: Zero Mission. Samus feels extremely quick and agile in this game. Comparing it with the original Metroid II this is just phenomenal. Metroid II was great, but it was bleak and it was just way too easy to get lost, especially with the amount of backtracking needed. Navigation in AM2R is a breeze, but it still retains most of the exploration elements from the original... granted, finding stuff so far has been pretty easy, perhaps a little too much so, but that's okay. The music is also fantastically made. Haven't finished it yet, but so far it lives up to what one would expect out of an official Metroid title. Hard to believe it was all made by one person.

Just beat Abzu, the successor to Journey, still beautiful visuals and music but doesn't quite live up to Journey. Also they re-use a bunch of the Mechanics, just under water. Still cool artistically, but I'm not quite sure what they were trying to say with the story in this one, I'll have to ponder it further. Journey is still their masterpiece but this is still worthwhile if you like their style, just not as strong IMO. Clocks in at 1.5-2 hrs if your curious. That being said I still love their style and vibe so I have no problem supporting the studio.

I saw a gameplay with the first few minutes of it and it looked beautiful, but I still think Journey looked better. I still want to play it though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I'm fine with that. Again, its a matter of playing this all before XV comes out :lol: I STILL have problems differentiating all the types of "Cie"s

Fair enough. As for the 'Cie's", I wouldn't worry about that too much. The storyline straight up forgets somewhere in the first act of XIII-2. :lol:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Downloaded AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake) the same day it came out, before Nintendo blasted the developers with a DMCA notice to take it down. 8 years of development have not been for naught. It plays as well, and perhaps even better, than Super Metroid and Metroid: Zero Mission. Samus feels extremely quick and agile in this game. Comparing it with the original Metroid II this is just phenomenal. Metroid II was great, but it was bleak and it was just way too easy to get lost, especially with the amount of backtracking needed. Navigation in AM2R is a breeze, but it still retains most of the exploration elements from the original... granted, finding stuff so far has been pretty easy, perhaps a little too much so, but that's okay. The music is also fantastically made. Haven't finished it yet, but so far it lives up to what one would expect out of an official Metroid title. Hard to believe it was all made by one person.

Just finished this and... wow. :eek: I almost cannot believe this is a fan-made remake and not official game. One of my favorite 2D Metroids, right up there with Zero Mission (though I'd argue that this is even better) and right behind Super Metroid. Just... wow.

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
Im still grinding through Chivalry. Rank 54 and 1400 hours.. Sigh. It's like i have stopped playing single player games in favour of online stuff.
When Mordhau comes out im sure it will replace this game :)
It's just something about the physical comedy of the game as well as a high skill ceiling that keeps me coming back.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of Chivalry, is anyone else interested in For Honour? I'm seeing some stuff about it coming out soon but u honestly don't know much about the game other than it looks really cool and pits knights, vikings, and samurai against each other.

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
Speaking of Chivalry, is anyone else interested in For Honour? I'm seeing some stuff about it coming out soon but u honestly don't know much about the game other than it looks really cool and pits knights, vikings, and samurai against each other.

I've seen a little gameplay. Im not sure if it's for me, (I think there's a lock-on system when fighting) but I like the idea anyways. Im gonna keep my eyes on it!

My friend and I have a long history of Neverwinter Nights. We've been playing it many times trying to complete it but always have had something interrupt it, a bug, (not being able to load our progress) or at the time, school.
I own 2 copies of the game but we have struggled to get it working online.(Different versions) Finally we found a torrent of the game that worked with Gameranger.

And man it felt so good to play it again with my mate. But problem was just around the corner. The game crashes ALOT, and we've had some problems like my friends quest log going empty so he cant turn in quests. Luckily my log is intact. My friend is hosting and im usually the one crashing. We learned not to save after I had a crash, because when I log in again my henchman doesnt want to have anything to do with me :D
Haha I went trough all the companions you could hire and then didnt have any help at all. At the end of chapter 1 we were almost screwed. You couldnt go back and buy more potions and the boss was overpowered compared to how strong we were. And the game is punishing for dying. You lose tons of XP and money. We just suicided into the boss until finally he went down. We entered chapter 2 broke and weak. But the henchmen reset and I could get one again.

We decided to be a bit sneaky and give ourselves some gear and gold without any cheats. (well it's a bit cheaty)
We found a good loot chest containing 2 random enchanted items. Saved before opening it. After looting the chest we would both save our character files but not the game file. Then load the game file from before opening the chest with the character files that HAD looted the chest, and repeated the process. After that I took all the loot on my character and would sell it over and over, giving the gold my my friend while not saving my character so I could load the inventory again.
Then we went shopping! A good armor or weapon could cost something like 30,000 gold. And after completing half of chapter 2 we had made maybe 10,000 each. So buying things from the shops are basically out of the question. But we decided we had earned this after many years of trying to complete the first campaign for so long.

Maybrick

Reaction score
Started playing Ori and The Blind Forest and OHH MY GOD that soundtrack. Its such an immensely impressive game, visually, musically and story wise too.

stevexc

Reaction score
Been playing Obduction, great game in the style of (and from the makers of) Myst.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS! Just got a PC, need to get better at mouse and keyboard shooters. . . make some recommendations for newer FPS games? Probably just gonna get Fallout 4, but not ready to shell out $60.

Anyway, been playing
Hard Reset Redux (pretty fun, the story/cut scenes are mehh to me.)
XCOM 2 (Like it so far, but definitely tough so I don't play it so often haha.)
Dishonored (played this back on PS3, but wanted to give it another shot to prepare for the release of the sequel.)

Pav

???
Reaction score
^ The open beta for Battlefield 1 starts within the next few hours. Download Origin and give that a whirl.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Making my way through Dark souls 3 for the first time, and seem to have managed to botch almost every side-quest, lol. That's why God invented NG+ I suppose.

I feel bad since I'm like one trophy each from platinum-ing DS2, and Bloodborne...but I just don't wanna, lol. I have like 160 hrs in DS2, so that last pyromancy is just going to have to wait until I feel like doing it. And Irythll dungeons are boring.

Loving the zones in DS3 though, amazing layout/vistas.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
The Witcher 3, trying to platinum it... Great game.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided soon....

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS! Just got a PC, need to get better at mouse and keyboard shooters. . . make some recommendations for newer FPS games? Probably just gonna get Fallout 4, but not ready to shell out $60.

Anyway, been playing
Hard Reset Redux (pretty fun, the story/cut scenes are mehh to me.)
XCOM 2 (Like it so far, but definitely tough so I don't play it so often haha.)
Dishonored (played this back on PS3, but wanted to give it another shot to prepare for the release of the sequel.)

Overwatch!

MoshJosh

Reaction score
I want Doom, and is 35 on amazon, but I already beat it on PS4 plus stayed playing again on one of the hard difficulties. . . Feels kind of a waste to buy it a second time. And I also own overwatch on ps4 plus a number of the characters in play aren't super accuracy oriented. COD Black Ops 3 is 30 right now, might get that, but worried about the constant super wrecking that will happen if I try to play online

Latest posts

')