What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MattThePenguin

Reaction score
Anyone playing the new mass effect? I loved 2 and 3, but heard super mixed things about the new one, any thoughts?

I'm on PC and I've put about 40 hours into the game. I like the combat a lot, but the game has some pacing issues and can feel like a chore sometimes. I don't really care about the wonky animations, nothings that out of the ordinary for a bioware game imo. Story and dialogue is also a step down, but it's not terrible by any means.

Seriously though, the combat is sick. I feel like if they are able to make a sequel they'll create something really special.

Multiplayer is fun too, but I don't mess with it often.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm on PC and I've put about 40 hours into the game. I like the combat a lot, but the game has some pacing issues and can feel like a chore sometimes. I don't really care about the wonky animations, nothings that out of the ordinary for a bioware game imo. Story and dialogue is also a step down, but it's not terrible by any means.

Seriously though, the combat is sick. I feel like if they are able to make a sequel they'll create something really special.

Multiplayer is fun too, but I don't mess with it often.

Ditto, only I'm only about 10 hours in. I did some multiplayer and love the fact that's its virtually the same as in ME3, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Seems tougher, though I also only have level 1 classes for multiplayer and am not used to fighting the big baddies whatsoever. They also shortened the matches to 7 waves instead of 10, I think, which is pretty great too. Agreed with previous comments, too, I like Ryder more than Sheppard. Much more human dialogue that I like, though some of the voice acting does suffer at times.

One of my buddy's said he gave up on it towards the mid-game when too many side missions were in his queue but I don't think that will bug me. I am a huge Mass Effect fan, though, and am determined as hell to like this game. :lol:

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I finished the main story of ME:A with 98% completion. Had a bug prevent me from completing a mission, and a couple other missions I just hadn't gotten around to completing.

I'm satisfied, but also can't help but feel that ME:A is to the original ME the same way Star Wars Episode VII is to the original Episode IV. Now that I have the full picture in view, I can see that's it's a near note-for-note recreation.

And - somewhat depressingly - I'm pretty much fine with that. :lol:

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone playing the new mass effect? I loved 2 and 3, but heard super mixed things about the new one, any thoughts?

I had it on release date, then traded it in towards Persona 5. Then I almost traded in a game or two and used my 20% off a used game for GameStop to buy it again last night. It wasn't bad necessarily. The combats pretty fun, and voice acting is worlds beyond the original trilogy. The story couldn't really give too much of an opinion yet. I think its more that I have pretty much every AAA game to out on PS4 this yeah (Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, Niet Automata, Nioh, Hitman, Yakuza 0.... more than those....) and Andromeda fell towards the bottom of the list. But I definitely think I'll get it again if I can get it cheaper. Although I'm wondering if its because there aren't exactly any other space drama games in the vein of Mass Effect on PS4 right now...

Also, this may be just me, but I didn't really run into any of these glitches or messed up facial animations I've heard so much about, but that could just be me. I never seem to have technically issues with games that a lot of people seem to report on other games.

Repner

Reaction score
Wait wait wait. When the hell did Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition get released? I just opened up the GOG.com store page and it's the first thing that showed up. I think I know what I'm playing next!

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Resident Evil. Terrifying!

You mean RE7? I used to be a HUGE fan, but lost faith in it after RE5, and felt like I was let down by RE6... so I don't think I would try RE7 at all, despite the positive comments I've read / heard thus far...

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
You mean RE7? I used to be a HUGE fan, but lost faith in it after RE5, and felt like I was let down by RE6... so I don't think I would try RE7 at all, despite the positive comments I've read / heard thus far...

RE7 is definitely the anti-RE6, probably even 5.

Anyway, can't put Persona 5 down. 28 hours in and still absolutely loving it. I'd call it my game of 2017 at present.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
been playing The Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena. Always had a softy spot for this game and EFBB, even though I was never very good at either. Cool game, having fun with it.

thinking about picking up STALKER SOC, would anyone recommend it if I never played it before i.e. no nostalgia factor. . . how does it hold up

NotDonVito

molesta la breastas
Reaction score
been playing The Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena. Always had a softy spot for this game and EFBB, even though I was never very good at either. Cool game, having fun with it.

thinking about picking up STALKER SOC, would anyone recommend it if I never played it before i.e. no nostalgia factor. . . how does it hold up
GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A lot of CPS2 MAME games lately. So far my favorite seems to be X-Men Vs. Street Fighter. I like the 2 character vs 2 character format, the balance between characters seems to be good, the strength/weaknesses/mechanics seem to be consistent with their respective franchises, the sprites are well drawn and scaled, and the super moves are good but not 'overkill' like Marvel Vs. Capcom.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
A lot of CPS2 MAME games lately. So far my favorite seems to be X-Men Vs. Street Fighter. I like the 2 character vs 2 character format, the balance between characters seems to be good, the strength/weaknesses/mechanics seem to be consistent with their respective franchises, the sprites are well drawn and scaled, and the super moves are good but not 'overkill' like Marvel Vs. Capcom.

A buddy of mine used to have an import copy of that for his (modified) Sega Saturn. It remains my favorite in the series, for all the reasons you just outlined.

mongey

Reaction score
still star dew valley on the train . up to 2nd year summer. 33 hours played or something

I just have no idea why I'm spending my time picking and watering the crops, feeding animals, collecting my eggs to fill my 8 mayonnaise machines, milking cows and goats to fill my 3 cheese machines

then doing other odds and ends around the place and the repeating the whole cycle time and time again . its almost meditation at this point

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
still star dew valley on the train . up to 2nd year summer. 33 hours played or something

I just have no idea why I'm spending my time picking and watering the crops, feeding animals, collecting my eggs to fill my 8 mayonnaise machines, milking cows and goats to fill my 3 cheese machines

then doing other odds and ends around the place and the repeating the whole cycle time and time again . its almost meditation at this point

This really is a fun game and I feel bad for haven't played it in a few months. Then Horizon came out, then I got sucked into Night in the Woods for a bit, and now I've literally only been playing Persona....

oracles

Reaction score
Been binge playing Destiny a lot recently, but I'm more so impatiently waiting for Outlast II to finally hit release

Reaction score
Took a break from gaming. And it seemed like the universe knew and tried to pry my wallet out of my pocket. New Mass Effect? Nah, I'll wait. A new Persona? We'll see. Clearance Xbones for $225? Still too much. A girl asked me if I liked her. Didn't answer.

But after a while I did what any sensible adult would do and pulled one of the many dust covered games of my shelf to play. Yakuza 4. Played it a few years back but never did alot, if any, of the side missions. And finding guides for it (locker keys, revelations, etc.) is like going back in time 15 years because any relevant/useful guide is a wall of text.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Nier Automata. Its the funnest, most refreshing game I've played in a long time. The way it blends smooth hack-and-slash with old school bullet hell stuff is really neat. The story is super intriguing with only just enough of that Japanese wtf-ness. This one is definitely worth a buy because a playthrough is actually 4 playthroughs to get the whole story from all perspectives.

Latest posts

')