What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

meteor685

Reaction score
I'm gonna be on here more.

I want to play BOTW so I plan on buying a switch soon.

Been slow on gaming for months, but here goes.

Star Ocean Til the end of time - Kinda an old game now(damn), but I really like it for what it is...

Overwatch - I play every now and then.

Played a few of the games on here others have already mentioned.

lewis

Reaction score
i purchased the farcry Primal game weeks ago now and its still not been opened from the cellophane.

It looked great but, could anyone encourage me to actually play the thing?. Whenever I do a quick gaming sesh it tends to be either Skyrim, Fallout 4 or Fifa

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
i purchased the farcry Primal game weeks ago now and its still not been opened from the cellophane.

It looked great but, could anyone encourage me to actually play the thing?. Whenever I do a quick gaming sesh it tends to be either Skyrim, Fallout 4 or Fifa

don't you want to watch people get mauled by a smilodon or bash their head in with a rock? DON'T YOU WANT TO BE THE PREHISTORIC RAMBO, A ONE MAN KILLING MACHINE :scream:

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Grabbed Abzu as a freebie on PS Plus this month. I remember wanting to try this when it came out but forgot about it.

Different, but cool.

It's more relaxing than anything, as far as games go. Simple controls, no real need to be anywhere, no time limits.

Grabbed this around the time it came out (of course, the month were the two main PS4 PS Plus free games are good/great, I have already owned them for months/years :noplease:). It's a really Zen game in the vein of Journey (one of the best games ever), but yeah, a little more freedom. Not that Journey didn't have freedom, but it definitely had a more clear direction forward.

Last edited:

MoshJosh

Reaction score

I really enjoyed Primal for the most part. It does suffer from some repetitive missions, the usual Farcry stuff i.e. capture a bunch of bases and hunt some animals over and over, but the weapons/upgrades and animal taming help add variety. I felt like it was money well spent.

lewis

Reaction score
don't you want to watch people get mauled by a smilodon or bash their head in with a rock? DON'T YOU WANT TO BE THE PREHISTORIC RAMBO, A ONE MAN KILLING MACHINE :scream:

YES,,,yes I do!
I will give it a go today!

I really enjoyed Primal for the most part. It does suffer from some repetitive missions, the usual Farcry stuff i.e. capture a bunch of bases and hunt some animals over and over, but the weapons/upgrades and animal taming help add variety. I felt like it was money well spent.

Thanks guys.
I will make sure I give it some attention

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Whilst taking a break from Persona 5 to not burn myself out on it (it was literally the only game I played in April once it was released, and this game is too amazing to burn myself out on), I resumed a bit of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix on PS4, continued on in Walking Dead: New Frontier, pulled up Okage: Shadow King (for the uninitiated, imagine if Tim Burton made a turn based RPG on PS2), and last night finally grabbed Gravity Rush Remastered (it was half off on the PS4 store with the Golden Week sale going on) to see what the hype was about and if the sequel is worth investing in later.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
had ryse son of rome on my computer forever and never played it until now. I'm really enjoying it since I'm a huge fan of brawlers/hack and slash games. The pilum throwing is kind of janky with a controller but otherwise it runs well, looks really good and is fun for me. The combat system is clearly modeled after batman arkham asylum (though it tells you from the beginning that you can't just spam the attack button, you have to mix in guard breaks and parries to do really well).

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
I often still play StarCraft II when I have a bit of time. A friend of mine has me starting a character in The Old Republic (since Star Wars Day, May 4th, just passed).

I really need to get back on Steam to play some Counter-Strike: Source, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2, and Team Fortress 2.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Anyone else playing Prey? Hoping to get a little advice?

I've started on this one- According to steam I'm 13 hours in already. :lol: I find it's a pretty tough game, especially at the beginning. I'm the type who likes to explore everything I can find before continuing on with the story, so it means I keep stumbling into stuff I'm not prepared for yet. The game seems to hand you a pretty steady flow of new upgrades and powers and stuff to play with, but even as far into the game as I am, I never find myself going into new areas with much confidence- there's definitely no feeling of being over-powered like in a lot of games. You have to actually think about your approach before taking on certain challenges. It's a legit challenge, but hasn't been frustratingly so if you stay close to the story path, and the constant flow of new powers keep it fun.

Edit: Also, I was super relieved that it runs really well on my kinda-starting-to-get-old PC. Running on an i5-4670k/gtx770/16gb and it's handling 1080p on the high preset without any problems. I dunno what fps cause I haven't measured but it looks good enough for me. I'm actually starting to wonder if my HDD is starting to be a bottleneck - the only issue I see occasionally is that some textures sometimes get fuzzy for a second then come back (swapping between different mips or something weird like that?), and I don't know if that's because I have a low amount of vram (2gb) or if it's maybe because the disk isn't quite fast enough to stream the textures in.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has found it challenging. I die. . . a lot, even on normal mode, but as you mentioned I haven't found in frustrating.

SPOILERS!
I was wondering if you have been using/liking the typhon powers? I have invested into the engineer tree, and when I heard using typhon abilities would turn the turrets and robots against me (kind of why I went with the engineer tree), I decided to go all human abilities.

Also side note, I wrecked the first nightmare, gloo'd him in between 2 turrets and it died like instantly. . . I was pretty proud.

EDIT: Runs great on my PC as well, though it is pretty new. Running GTX1060, i5 6500. . . Load times/start up is a little slower than I'd like, but I am curious to see what the load times are like on consoles.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
^ There is a spoilers tag you can use for stuff like
the turrets turning against you. Not 100% sure, but I think that's what hacking a turret is for? To prevent them turning on you? It's not spelled out anywhere and I'm still under the threshold where they turn.

Not sure what you mean by
the first nightmare. Maybe I haven't reached that part yet. I'm not too far past the point of getting the typhon abilities- just exited the GUTS. I've been finding mimic useful to get into those little security windows, or underneath boarded up doors.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Got Prey. Maybe an hour and a half in. I definitely get why they say its like Bioshock in Space... or, pretty much System Shock 3 (well, until the actually System Shock 3 comes out...)

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
My greatest achievement

C_E1tcvUMAAeA9g.jpg:large

Repner

Reaction score
Playing The Witcher 1 and Morrowind w/ MGSO. Two big RPG's that should probably get more focus, but I'm playing both at the same time. I'm smart.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
currently playing Aragami. It's like Tenchu and Mark of the Ninja had a stealth baby. love it.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
Think I'm going to move my 360 into the living room so I can play Dark Souls and Mass Effect Trilogy on my big TV.

')