What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dredg

Insignificant
Reaction score
2869849-untitled-2.jpg

Wait wait wait wait.... Samurai Warriors 4... II??? :lol::lol::lol:

That's such awkward titling!!

btw how is it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Now that I've got my 360 plugged back in, playing Dark Souls once again and after having played Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3, 1 feels clunky. Also, found some games on my Xbox that I forgot I'd bought and downloaded like Doom and Final Doom, so I'll be quite busy assuming I'm not working this weekend.

Haven't played BB yet, but DS1 is still my favorite. I wouldn't say it's clunky so much as it is slower paced and more methodical.

I reinstalled Splinter Cell Blacklist, thought I'd give it another try. I really enjoy the little survival side missions.

Such a good game. It's worth playing through to the end.

Been playing through Earthbound for the first time ever. Loving it so far.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
I don't mean that the combat is clunky but the rolling and dodging definitely feels that way. Speaking of, went ahead and did a couple of runs to get Havel's Ring, Grass Crest Shield, and Gravelord Sword. Thinking about doing a run to Blighttown and farming some green titanite just for the fun of it. Gravelord Sword does hilarious damage when you plunge attack the Taurus Demon. Going to do a run on another character with a +5 Zweihander, imbue it with the gold pine resin you find in Undead Burg, and see what that does. Probably a one hit kill from a jump from the tower.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I don't mean that the combat is clunky but the rolling and dodging definitely feels that way. Speaking of, went ahead and did a couple of runs to get Havel's Ring, Grass Crest Shield, and Gravelord Sword. Thinking about doing a run to Blighttown and farming some green titanite just for the fun of it. Gravelord Sword does hilarious damage when you plunge attack the Taurus Demon. Going to do a run on another character with a +5 Zweihander, imbue it with the gold pine resin you find in Undead Burg, and see what that does. Probably a one hit kill from a jump from the tower.

Ahhhh I gotcha. Yeah by comparison the lack of omnidirectional rolling is a little odd. Dude the zwei is pretty overpowered in DS1. You should have fun :lol:

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
It is, but holy .... do you have to time attacks. After having not played for a couple years, I forgot how slow it is. Still getting the timing down. First time I beat the game, I beat Artorias with a Fire Zwei +10 and if you remember how proficient Artorias was with a greatsword, well... It was "fun" to say the least. Same with Gwyn, but I did it by God. Actually got back into Dark Souls 1 to form a loose origin story for a character I'm writing about, though I'm taking it all purely out of contest and making him just seem like a character who has seen some .....

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Wait wait wait wait.... Samurai Warriors 4... II??? :lol::lol::lol:

That's such awkward titling!!

btw how is it?

Yeah, the title is stupid. I guess it's Koei dropping the coy act that despite the pallet swaps and crossovers, they're really just remaking the same game for 17 years. :lol: But it's the refinement that makes me keep coming back for more.

As for the game itself...

Short answer: it's another Musou game, with more refined tweaks than the last one.

Long answer: Samurai 5/7 takes the queue from Dynasty Warriors 8 of streamlining the Story Mode to certain factions, each with a character roster rather than play an individual character's story. And I really like that since both franchises now have a list of playable characters that can overbook 5 hotels in your local CBD, a streamlined story mode is easier to manage without padded repetition (Dynasty Warriors 5 being the biggest offender). I also like having a secondary character you can change into mid game, which is good for certain objectives when you're in one side of the map and the secondary in another.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
It is, but holy .... do you have to time attacks. After having not played for a couple years, I forgot how slow it is. Still getting the timing down. First time I beat the game, I beat Artorias with a Fire Zwei +10 and if you remember how proficient Artorias was with a greatsword, well... It was "fun" to say the least. Same with Gwyn, but I did it by God. Actually got back into Dark Souls 1 to form a loose origin story for a character I'm writing about, though I'm taking it all purely out of contest and making him just seem like a character who has seen some .....

Oh totally. I think I lost to Artorias and Manus about 15-20 each my first play through :lol:

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I went into one of those retro game stores a while ago, and while I don't really like the business model of vacuuming up all the old games and jacking the price up, I'm also a sucker, and these places sometimes have some hard-to-find-elsewhere stuff. So I ended up grabbing some PS2 games that I've wanted for a while- One was Ico, which was thankfully priced similarly to the other games. I've seen some really ridiculous prices for that one. I've played through it but never owned my own copy. Something about that game is just satisfying, I dunno what it is. Sunk some hours into it. Good stuff.

I didn't find time to try the other game until this week - I had also grabbed a copy of Okami, since I had heard good things but never played it. I've been sitting on this copy for about a month and finally went to load it up....... and it doesn't work. The disk spins, then makes some weird noises, then nothing. Sometimes a "now loading" screen, then nothing. I managed to get to the intro scene once, by ejecting the cd and putting it back, but it only worked once.

I figured maybe the PS2 I have is just getting old. It's one of the older bigger models. From what I understand some disks are harder to read than others, so I tried a bunch. Everything else works. CDs, DVDs, single layer, dual layer, doesn't matter- only the one game doesn't work. Then I tried it in my PC, figured maybe I could get an emulator to run the disk. But it reacted the same way. So disappointing. :lol:

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
tl;dr Traded in a whole bunch of physical PS4 games and got a Switch with Zelda and Mario Kart. So a lot of those.

That said, I think I'm going to use the holiday weekend to attempt to finish Persona 5. From the sound of things from where I am, this may involve more than one late-late-night session.

mongey

Reaction score
finally finished the community center on stardew valley after 63 hours or something

def need a break from that game on my train commute

bought xcom enemy unknown to play instead as I never got around to playing it on 360 when it came out

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Batman Telltale series and Minecraft Story Mode (... also a Telltale series...)

I really want to finish Persona 5, but man, its beginning to weigh on me having hit the 80 hour mark. And I still have Persona 4 Golden waiting in the wings...

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I jumped back into Persona 3 the other day 'cause I never finished it. Forgot how much I like the combat in that game. BUT I died in a fight and lost some progress 'cause I hadn't saved in a while. Made me slightly sad. Also it's suuuuuuuuuch a long game. I'd be all for a game that's similar to this, but without the day-to-day high-school drama bits that take up so much time.

mongey

Reaction score
xcom enemy unknown

never played it when it came out on 360 , so got it form steam for my macbook

great game . very unforgiving for a beginner , but am starting to get the flow now after 6 or so hours in . my list of dead soldiers is pretty epic .thinking of starting from scratch again as I have allot more of a clue what I'm doing now

ZombieLloyd

Not one 7 string
Reaction score
I plan on playing The Witcher 3 after work. I just downloaded the free quests before I left for work so I'm looking forward to getting back into the game after over a year. That and I might also play Killing Floor 2 or Nioh.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I jumped back into Persona 3 the other day 'cause I never finished it. Forgot how much I like the combat in that game. BUT I died in a fight and lost some progress 'cause I hadn't saved in a while. Made me slightly sad. Also it's suuuuuuuuuch a long game. I'd be all for a game that's similar to this, but without the day-to-day high-school drama bits that take up so much time.

I definitely want to get into Persona 3, but most likely going to be after I finish up P5 and P4G (so, a little down the road, unless I buy a Vita and play on the go). I think whats kept me in these games so far is that day to day mechanic. While it can feel a bit overwhelming with deciding how to spend free time with activities and social links, or manage yourself in palaces (man, maintaining SP can be a pain at times), the day to day mechanic helped me keep interest in that the game was still moving forward while still having a plethora of activities to do, instead of being overwhelmingly open-world (which has caused me problems with games like Witcher 3, Fallout 4, or Skyrim)

')