What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I plan on playing The Witcher 3 after work. I just downloaded the free quests before I left for work so I'm looking forward to getting back into the game after over a year. That and I might also play Killing Floor 2 or Nioh.
all of those are good choices :yesway: Killing Floor 2 is a lot of fun with some buddies, plus the gore system is excellent.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZombieLloyd

Not one 7 string
Reaction score
all of those are good choices :yesway: Killing Floor 2 is a lot of fun with some buddies, plus the gore system is excellent.

I'm glad you think so haha. I really like both Killing Floor games. I actually still play the first one a lot but the second one is pretty fun to play online when you want to listen to music and just want things to kill haha.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score

I was going to ask people how Killing Floor 2 is. A few friends and my cousin-in-law seem to love this game, and its one of the free PS Plus games for the month of June.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I was going to ask people how Killing Floor 2 is. A few friends and my cousin-in-law seem to love this game, and its one of the free PS Plus games for the month of June.
It's a gory horde mode game. The real depth to it comes from weapon choice/perks. Personally I like playing as the support because then you get a huge buff to shotguns when you hit level 10. Berserker is another fun class if you just want to smash stuff with a sword/hammer/mace and shield, plus you can be tanky as hell if you level up. I think it's a lot of fun.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
Killing Floor 2 (great game indeed), Dark Souls 3 (trying to platinum it, farming the covenant items is so much fun! ... or not), and RS6: Siege with friends.

Eagerly waiting Elite Dangerous for the PS4, also thinking about getting Everspace on PC, anyone here played it? Looks amazing

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Started playing CSGO again after a 7-8 month break. I used to be SMFC but now I'm MG2. Not really complaining because I love the progress of climbing up the ranks. :lol:

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
the day to day mechanic helped me keep interest in that the game was still moving forward while still having a plethora of activities to do, instead of being overwhelmingly open-world (which has caused me problems with games like Witcher 3, Fallout 4, or Skyrim)

I haven't played any of the other games in the series, but my understanding is that P4 and forward ended up dialing back how much time is spent on the social aspects of the game compared to the standard rpg/battle stuff. I *like* the system overall, I just find that the amount of time spent in the social parts of the game drags on a bit too long given how long the game is already. If I make it through this game, maybe I'll give p4 a shot and see how it compares.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
Sleeping Dogs was 7 bucks the other day, so I bought it, now playing the hell out of it. Love it so far. Forgot I had bought Metro Redux awhile back, so will probably play that afterwards.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
trying to plow my way through the walking dead telltale games again so I can get ready to play the newest season. Also need to finish up the game of thrones one.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
trying to plow my way through the walking dead telltale games again so I can get ready to play the newest season. Also need to finish up the game of thrones one.

Am i the only person who finds the Telltale games boring? I mean, I like all the themes they've had and they always start up very promising, but by 3 or 4th episode it gets insanely boring. This happened with TWD, TWD season 2, Tales from the Borderlands, Batman, GoT, etc. I want to say they are good games but... :lol:

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Am i the only person who finds the Telltale games boring? I mean, I like all the themes they've had and they always start up very promising, but by 3 or 4th episode it gets insanely boring. This happened with TWD, TWD season 2, Tales from the Borderlands, Batman, GoT, etc. I want to say they are good games but... :lol:

They're definitely an acquired taste. Some of great (Tales of the Borderlands is one of my favorite games ever, and I nearly cried at the end of the first season of Walking Dead), some not so great (Game of Thrones). I recently got Batman and Minecraft Story Mode, so far the former seems really cool and the latter seems OK. Walking Dead: New Frontier is good so far, but I'm also pretty heavily invested in the story at this point. The Wolf Among Us was really good.

Personally, I like Telltale games for when I want to play a game that isn't too action packed, or that weird instance where I feel like watching a TV show or movie, yet want to play a game, but can't make up my damn mind. Plus the wife enjoys playing them with me. But I know plenty of people who hate Telltale games because, lets face it, there's very effort needed on your part, you're pretty much playing for the story.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty burned out on them, which is why it's taken me so long to finish the GoT one. After the new TWD, I'm not playing any til Wolf Among Us pt. 2 comes out. My biggest complaint is how they give you the illusion of choice, making it seem like your decisions matter, and then you find out that they mean nothing.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone here played Paragon? I downloaded it the other day and finally booted it up last night, wasn't bad, but the heroes feel really slow and there's no variation to the mechanics/animations so you don't really get immmersed in the game unfortunately; but you do get competitive once you start making enemies, especially in my case since I went for melee vs. ranged, and everyone of my enemies was ranged :lol: There was a lot of rushing and hoping I'd have a backup.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Anyone here played Paragon? I downloaded it the other day and finally booted it up last night, wasn't bad, but the heroes feel really slow and there's no variation to the mechanics/animations so you don't really get immmersed in the game unfortunately; but you do get competitive once you start making enemies, especially in my case since I went for melee vs. ranged, and everyone of my enemies was ranged :lol: There was a lot of rushing and hoping I'd have a backup.
I don't know, I couldn't get into it. I like the idea of verticality being introduced to a moba though. It just doesn't feel as fun to me as Smite, which I've been playing since beta.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not playing any til Wolf Among Us pt. 2 comes out.

Please tell me this is a thing.
That ending with Nerissa totally threw me off and I want to know if she's actually Faith or something

I do want to try out the Guardians of the Galaxy Telltale. At the very least, Nolan North voicing Rocket Raccoon has to be amusing (Nolan North and Troy Baker for life)

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Please tell me this is a thing.
That ending with Nerissa totally threw me off and I want to know if she's actually Faith or something

I do want to try out the Guardians of the Galaxy Telltale. At the very least, Nolan North voicing Rocket Raccoon has to be amusing (Nolan North and Troy Baker for life)
I'm betting we'll hear about it at E3. Fables is one of my favorite comics of all time so I can't wait to explore the world more. I think this is the longest between seasons any telltale game has gone afaik.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know, I couldn't get into it. I like the idea of verticality being introduced to a moba though. It just doesn't feel as fun to me as Smite, which I've been playing since beta.

I'll have to check Smite out then, since I'm looking for more games that I can just jump in and play a few rounds and be done; no real commitment.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I'll have to check Smite out then, since I'm looking for more games that I can just jump in and play a few rounds and be done; no real commitment.
yeah there's an arena mode which is mostly pvp with some pve and the matches are only 10-15 minutes. There's also a 1 lane mode that's super fast but I don't recommend it for new players. regular 3 lane games usually take 30min-1hr ime.

Repner

Reaction score
I'm still making my way through The Witcher 1. Loaded up a save, and I was encountered with this. Good luck sleeping tonight.

18836595_10209579346544993_8542841102307110151_o.jpg

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Am i the only person who finds the Telltale games boring?

I really liked the first few games Telltale did in this same story-driven kind of formula - I was a big fan of the Monkey Island games, so when they did their Tales of- version, I thought it was a great fit for that series. I also really liked the Back to the Future series, and the first Walking Dead ones.... but after that the format kinda got tired. I haven't played any of those games in a while just cause it doesn't feel like anything new. There's no real draw anymore unless you're super into whatever license/franchise they've shoehorned into what's basically been the exact same game for years.

')