What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rosal76

Reaction score
I've beaten 1 and 2 a dozen times. Best games ever! I love being sneaky. I could sit there and eat an apple while a guard unknowingly walks right in front of me and get a semi rush-high

Huge +1.

I love stealth games. Especially Hitman and Splinter cell. I don't have a gaming PC so I am unable to play the Thief game you mentioned but that won't stop me from watching and enjoying the Thief gameplay videos on Youtube.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
do these games work on Windows 10 though?
Thief games are a tad janky now in terms of widescreen and resolution support, but IMO they otherwise work fine. Early Splinter Cell games have some lighting issues that make playing them on modern PCs a bit of challenging sell. I can't speak for Hitman.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
I should have clarified just the Thief games. I have the og Splinter Cell trilogy and Hitman 2-4 on ps3, though I hate Hitman on controller, needa fiberwire folks with a m&k.

mongey

Reaction score
grabbed ape out as I was curious about it. Its pretty cool but damn its short .almost finished it in one short siting . for $20 it feels too short . $10 I can see

Reaction score
I'm attempting to play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided at the moment, but I keep running into brick wall after brick wall both in terms of progression and overall fun.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Very fun class to play as with the anarchy build. She's got some good dialogue (monologue?) too.
Yeah I haven't touched the game in years. I did runs as zero and salvador wayyyy back but never bothered trying her or krieg. The anarchy mechanic seems really well suited to getting up close and personal with shotguns/pistols/smgs since it increases damage and decreases accuracy.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Snagged AC:Odyssey for $20 on Amazon, opened it up last night, and proceed to play it for about 5 hours into the early morning. It feels good so far, I just wish they'd commit to making these their own franchise as a legit RPG, instead of shoe horning them in with the likes of AC2 or Black Flag.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Huge +1.

I love stealth games. Especially Hitman and Splinter cell. I don't have a gaming PC so I am unable to play the Thief game you mentioned but that won't stop me from watching and enjoying the Thief gameplay videos on Youtube.
I dont have a gaming PC either, just a regular PC. I would imagine you could run thief from steam on just about any PC .

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I should have clarified just the Thief games. I have the og Splinter Cell trilogy and Hitman 2-4 on ps3, though I hate Hitman on controller, needa fiberwire folks with a m&k.
Yes I am currently playing Thief 2 from Steam that i just downloaded last week. Win10. I couldnt find Thief The Dark Project (T1), but The Metal Age T2 is just as good some say even better. It's a true stealth game in the sense that it discourages confrontations with enemies and gaurds at almost all cost (depending on difficulty level). You can steal and sell loot for different types of arrows and other stealthy tools. You start out with a sword and a blackjack. I suppose you CAN muscle your way through the game, but it is very difficult to do so; in fact it's is impossible on the difficult setting.

Right now I am trying to "ghost" the game which is to go through the entire game undetected. (I think suspicion is ok, but when a gaurd actually sees you and chases you, thats not ghosting anymore. Though hardcore purists would even say that raising suspicion is not true ghosting...

thedonal

Reaction score
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided now. After really hammering Human Revolution on Sat (that extra level in the director's cut is a bitch!!). Gonna dip in and out of the Game+ mode on HR too. Living the power fantasy out when I max out my augs!!

They really stepped the looks up in Mankind Divided. And ledge grabbing- something SORELY missing from the first. It's nice to be out of the amber glow of Detroit at night too!

Dipping back into EVE too- I check in regularly and have a bunch of stuff up on the market. I lost a hawk and a 500mil clone in my first attempt at Abyssal Space the other day- tier 1 site too! Hammered!! A lesson- looking forward to dipping into the Abyss though- cruisers for now though. Better tank!!

wankerness

Reaction score
Yeah I haven't touched the game in years. I did runs as zero and salvador wayyyy back but never bothered trying her or krieg. The anarchy mechanic seems really well suited to getting up close and personal with shotguns/pistols/smgs since it increases damage and decreases accuracy.

The Anarchy mechanic is one of the worst base playstyles in the entire game IMO. It's way too easy to lose stacks, and with how long it takes to GAIN them in many situations with sparse enemies, you can lose 20-30 minutes of progress to get them all back. There are talents that make it less bad, but it takes quite a few levels to get them. And even with those, if you die on a boss, you will go from however many stacks you had to 0 for any subsequent attempts, making your damage output pathetic and making things all that more difficult. It's a cool idea and really fun once you start gaining them, but unless you never die it doesn't work solo as you can instantly be turned useless if you get killed. And you will get killed a lot in that game - I just love getting abruptly blown up by a guy dropping a grenade as he dies and killing me with no other enemies around for second wind, that stretch towards the end with all the dudes hidden in cover with missile launchers, etc!

EDIT: I played some more Borderlands. I'm trying to do all the quests before going on second playthrough, which is a mistake. I finished the base game's pretty quickly, but the Knoxx ones are a nightmare, especially with Marcus's "kill 200+ enemies and come back to me" quests that are successive so you can't do more than the first during the main quest. I guess it was a good idea for getting people their money's worth! The knoxx dlc also has that terrible amount of vehicle stuff, like the long roads between all the zones.

For a breather, I went to do some Underdome - I forgot how frickin LONG it takes to finish 5 rounds. 5 rounds actually means 25, and that's for the STARTER challenge! I can't remember how long the "real" one is, but I didn't want to start it after it took like an hour and a half just to do 1/3 of the levels' starter challenges. Ouch. You can also get screwed by RNG on the multipliers. Like, if you get Rocket Launcher challenge combined with Crit challenge combined with no shields, have fun!

Last edited: