What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
4 hours is if you’re doing it with a guild/pug that either really sucks or has never done the bosses before. Or if you’re just kind of shooting the shit on discord, which is more fun than being hardcore about it anyway. They weren’t designed to be cleared in one sitting unless everyone really knew what they were doing. Most guilds did 2-3 nights a week.

The LFR thing chops raids into 30 minute chunks (unless again the group is so terrible they keep wiping even on that mode). Most players do it that way now since the community has been so splintered that raiding guilds are rare, plus it’s so much easier. And you can vote kick people that go AFK.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
Haha. I had some terrible guilds where even one night felt like a job, and a couple that were really fun, so that 2-3 night thing doesn’t hit me with any sense of revulsion. I doubt I could have that kind of fun again at my advanced age, though. Lots of edgelord jokes and whatnot as was the case with most video game players. The couple of later better guilds I was in were milder, got through shit a lot faster, didn’t get furious after wipes and had a few women though. I quit due to moving a few time zones away from my server, and don’t think there’s any way I could get back into it again on that social level. But absolutely, playing with raid guilds in WoW that I had a lot of friends in led to many of the most fun times I’ve ever had in games. A lot of boring and frustrating ones too!

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
So I can't complete "Keep Your Insides Inside" in Borderlands because Dr. Zed isn't there. Apparently this is a glitch from the original releases that they never bothered fixing?

wankerness

Reaction score
So I can't complete "Keep Your Insides Inside" in Borderlands because Dr. Zed isn't there. Apparently this is a glitch from the original releases that they never bothered fixing?

https://www.playstationtrophies.org...orruption-cure-prevention-glitch-removal.html

Looks like it's a contagious bug (everyone you play with will get their game bugged, too) and has two possible fixes on ps4 - delete save file, or do coop with a host who's so early in the game they haven't gotten to that mission yet! Owned. Everyone on PC that had it just modded their savegame. I wish you could do that on PS4. You could on Xbox360.

Now I know that I need to do a save backup every time I do coop with randos!

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Started up XCOM 2 last night and played for a few hours. I think the changes they made for the world map view and base building are really cool but it takes some getting used to coming from ~60 hours of playtime in the first one. The "new" classes have some cool abilities, too, so that part is still fun, but holy shit does the game as a whole feel harder. I never did any ironman play-throughs or even on the harder difficulties (I'm on veteran) but I'm surprised how much I find myself reloading from autosaves during the missions. Although I do remember it being significantly harder in the first XCOM before you get good weapons and armour for your squad. Still enjoying the challenge, though.

KnightBrolaire

mothman is real and stole my catalytic converter
Reaction score
Started up XCOM 2 last night and played for a few hours. I think the changes they made for the world map view and base building are really cool but it takes some getting used to coming from ~60 hours of playtime in the first one. The "new" classes have some cool abilities, too, so that part is still fun, but holy shit does the game as a whole feel harder. I never did any ironman play-throughs or even on the harder difficulties (I'm on veteran) but I'm surprised how much I find myself reloading from autosaves during the missions. Although I do remember it being significantly harder in the first XCOM before you get good weapons and armour for your squad. Still enjoying the challenge, though.
honestly xcom2 isn't too hard except in the beginning because your squaddies suck (same as any xcom game). Actually I take that back, once the chosen start showing up it gets wayyyy more annoying and hard since they can develop resistances/immunities to techniques you use on them. They can be a fucking nightmare to deal with (especially if they show up during chrysalid attacks). I should never have tried to do ironman with that DLC enabled ;_;

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
do coop with a host who's so early in the game they haven't gotten to that mission yet!

That was the first thing I tried. Said I was "Inelligibile" for the mission and did nothing when I talked to Dr. Zed. I'll try again, I'd rather not start over but whatever, it's Borderlands, I'll just zoom through the story missions until that one before Co-oping.

wankerness

Reaction score
That was the first thing I tried. Said I was "Inelligibile" for the mission and did nothing when I talked to Dr. Zed. I'll try again, I'd rather not start over but whatever, it's Borderlands, I'll just zoom through the story missions until that one before Co-oping.
Oh, the host has to be starting play-through 2 also, not 1, since that mission is a replacement for the buy a shield one. It’s like the third mission. They’d be the one initiating/completing it.

Edit: I can do that quick if you want to add me on psn. I haven’t started playthrough 2 since I’ve been doing all the dlc first. Hopefully you won’t infect me. Name is cakefactory07.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I’m debating downloading Dark souls 1 and finally beating it (never beat the twins back on 360), or just replaying DS3 but now with all the DLC, as I quit my last save at the dragon rider fight with terrible camera angles over 2 years ago so I recall nothing.

wankerness

Reaction score
You have to beat the last boss to unlock playthrough 2 on a character, but you don’t have to finish side quests etc cause you can switch between the two playthrough a on the start menu.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Been having fun playing/goofing off in WoW lately. I faction changed one of my main toons to Alliance from Horde recently to help with unlocking the new races. I've always been a full-on Horde player, so it feels really strange to be playing Alli--still unsure that I like it haha! Mostly I just wanted to make a Lightforged Draenei and be a hoity toity paladin, but the Kul Tirans seem kind of cool too.

wankerness

Reaction score
Been having fun playing/goofing off in WoW lately. I faction changed one of my main toons to Alliance from Horde recently to help with unlocking the new races. I've always been a full-on Horde player, so it feels really strange to be playing Alli--still unsure that I like it haha! Mostly I just wanted to make a Lightforged Draenei and be a hoity toity paladin, but the Kul Tirans seem kind of cool too.

I stopped playing after a couple months of the new expac cause I hated it. Did they back off on the stupid thing with gear having random effects instead of stats? Are you still supposed to be constantly farming CRYSTAL POWER or whatever it was called? I think the other problems I was having were mainly due to everything feeling slow and wallowy thanks to the gear being so trash (largely because of that new system basically removing haste/crit from the endgame). Everything was SO slow that I could only get one character to max level while still managing to do instances/etc since going back to the other characters to level them felt like torture, while with the previous expansion I was having a blast and got like 3 characters to max level almost back to back. By the end of Legion I had max level of every class besides DK scattered between horde and alliance.

I did unlock all the races that were available at the time of leaving (Kul Tirans weren't out yet). Void Elves were cool. They looked like a much cooler version of blood elves and had a great racial ability, but the big trade off was no spinning jumps!!!

I tried playing Bloodborne for the first time today. I've never played any of these games before. I think maybe I'm just too bad at games. I got squashed by the first boss (Clerical Guard or whatever? Big werewolf thing) about 10 times before my splat of thousands of souls decided not to spawn after a death so I couldn't recover it, that made me rage quit. :p Before that I was fairly calm about the whole thing, even though it felt like I was fighting the goddam camera far more than fighting the boss. I'd roll behind the boss, hit him a couple times, try to roll away, my entire screen would show nothing except boss arms, it seemed like I was stuck against the wall but I couldn't see anything, YOU DIED!!!! The first time I fought him I got him to ~25%, but I didn't realize that only your bullets carried over between deaths so I had no healing potions for the subsequent attempts other htan the handful I'd get en route to the boss unless I wanted to just totally stop and refarm. Lesson learned, go get squashed by the boss repeatedly before using any potions.

Last edited:

KnightBrolaire

mothman is real and stole my catalytic converter
Reaction score
I stopped playing after a couple months of the new expac cause I hated it. Did they back off on the stupid thing with gear having random effects instead of stats? Are you still supposed to be constantly farming CRYSTAL POWER or whatever it was called? I think the other problems I was having were mainly due to everything feeling slow and wallowy thanks to the gear being so trash (largely because of that new system basically removing haste/crit from the endgame). Everything was SO slow that I could only get one character to max level while still managing to do instances/etc since going back to the other characters to level them felt like torture, while with the previous expansion I was having a blast and got like 3 characters to max level almost back to back. By the end of Legion I had max level of every class besides DK scattered between horde and alliance.

I did unlock all the races that were available at the time of leaving (Kul Tirans weren't out yet). Void Elves were cool. They looked like a much cooler version of blood elves and had a great racial ability, but the big trade off was no spinning jumps!!!

I tried playing Bloodborne for the first time today. I've never played any of these games before. I think maybe I'm just too bad at games. I got squashed by the first boss (Clerical Guard or whatever? Big werewolf thing) about 10 times before my splat of thousands of souls decided not to spawn after a death so I couldn't recover it, that made me rage quit. :p Before that I was fairly calm about the whole thing, even though it felt like I was fighting the goddam camera far more than fighting the boss. I'd roll behind the boss, hit him a couple times, try to roll away, my entire screen would show nothing except boss arms, it seemed like I was stuck against the wall but I couldn't see anything, YOU DIED!!!!
bloodborne is definitely NOT the first souls style game to learn on. It's the fastest paced and demands that you learn how to properly counter/dodge basically immediately. DS1 and DS2 comparatively, let you turtle up with shields, which is really the best option for first timers imo. There are shields in bloodborne but they're not common, and by the time you get a decent one you'll have spent most of the game getting good at dodging/countering, so they're not really useful.

wankerness

Reaction score
bloodborne is definitely NOT the first souls style game to learn on. It's the fastest paced and demands that you learn how to properly counter/dodge basically immediately. DS1 and DS2 comparatively, let you turtle up with shields, which is really the best option for first timers imo. There are shields in bloodborne but they're not common, and by the time you get a decent one you'll have spent most of the game getting good at dodging/countering, so they're not really useful.

Heh. That makes me feel better about sucking. But, I only have 1 on Xbox360/PC and I'm not sure if I care enough to hook one of them up. I do need to play RDR1 at some point also though so maybe it's time.

I thought 2 was supposed to be the hardest of the DS games?