What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Just wanted to say "no wonder so many people love this game."

Having a blast!

Yea, and it's totally worth playing through a few times. There's is actually pretty significant changes happening at a story level depending on how you play.

pink freud

Reaction score
Just wanted to say "no wonder so many people love this game."

Having a blast!

Don't buy into everybody's reactions to ME3. That game is excellent. Too many people focused purely on the last 5 minutes and ignored the previous tens of hours of great game.

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score
Currently playing through Final Fantasy VII again, as I realized you can buy a PC version for like $6. That makes it the third time I've bought the same game, and it was worth it every time. :lol:

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Asura's Wrath

Fucking awesome game if you also happen to be an anime fan. Lot's of serious, old-school, over the top, completely batshit insane action sequences. Like DBZ on crack...

Mendez

Reaction score
Majora's Mask. It's maybe, my 8th playthrough or so. It never gets old :bowdown:

Edit: Oh and the new megaman x street fighter game. Its so much fun!

Netherhound

Grandeur Of Delusions
Reaction score
Persona 3 FES (or FFS as I currently been screaming at my CRT) :mad:

Holy shit, I never knew I could rage quit so many times in one game.

Amazing game but goddamn, the ability to only control the main guy (and if he dies, game over, no one can rez you) vs your entire time like in Persona 4 or P3P really screws you.

Next time one of my party members decides to fight an enemy themselves, let them...

Anyone who hasn't played it and loves RPGs would get a lot of enjoyment (and just as much rage) out of it. Totally recommend it.

texshred777

Reaction score
Nothing now. My Xbox has decided to no longer eject. Oh well, a refurbed or new one isn't expensive. Still irritating, though.

texshred777

Reaction score
Mass Effect 1

So far, not really impressed. It certainly has it's moments, but the combat is a little irritating.

The combat in ME1 is definitely more based on the behind the scenes dice rolls than ME2 or ME3. The story elements are great though. I enjoyed the elevator rides on the Citadel, I like the random interaction between party members.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
The combat in ME1 is definitely more based on the behind the scenes dice rolls than ME2 or ME3. The story elements are great though. I enjoyed the elevator rides on the Citadel, I like the random interaction between party members.

Yeah exactly, I didn't really play any of the ME games for the combat tbh. Everyone praised the second one for having an improved combat system, but it's not ever really great, it just is less clunky haha. I feel like the characters and story drive these games, and that's how it really survives as an RPG despite trying to be an action/shooter.

Gothic Headhunter

Born on a Monday
Reaction score

I will say that I prefer the elevator conversations as opposed to load screens in ME2/3. It just seems like I've been thrust into this game with not a whole lot of understanding about what's happening. Hopefully it'll get better as I keep playing. After this I'll playthrough 2 and 3 again with more DLC.

texshred777

Reaction score
You'll be fine. ME1 does kind of throw you into the middle of something without knowing anything. You've played the second two so it'll fill you in nicely and clear up things for you.

I actually need to get a copy of the first game. First of course, I need to replace my Xbox.

On that subject, anyone know if those HDD covers(for using a pre slim model HDD in a slim Xbox) are any good?

Amazon.com: Gen Hard Disk Drive Case Enclosure for Xbox 360 Slim Hard Drive (Enclosure Only, Hard Drive NOT Included): Video Games

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Majora's Mask. It's maybe, my 8th playthrough or so. It never gets old :bowdown:

Edit: Oh and the new megaman x street fighter game. Its so much fun!
finished yet another playthrough of majoras mask earlier this week in anticipation for the apocalypse. Now I'm doing about my 100th run through of Ocarina of Time :shred:

and halo 4

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
Dishonored, fucking wow, amazing game considering i got it for 50% of in the steam sales lol. Been waiting to play it since it first was announced because of who was developing it, it is well and truely living up to my expectations :hbang:

Also, planetside 2, so good! for an MMO, the level of detail, sound and everything are just, unreal when you crank up everything. Combat is fucking intense when you have heaps of people fighting for control of a certain area.

Got an xbox360 yesterday so i can play halo 4 lol. Bout to start playing that in 5 mins or so, loved all the other halo games (love my sci games/movies) so im pumped for this after all the good stuff i heard about it!

')