What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Playing Zelda: Link's Awakening on the phone while on tour. :D

Prince of Persia (2008), such a beautiful game

I really need to play that game again.

If you like that, you should check out Okami if you haven't done so already. Another gem that PoP 2008 borrowed heavily from. :yesway:

Chrono Trigger is seriously one of the finest JRPGs ever.

I can tell you all the flaws and moments where Chrono Trigger falls short, and I'll still agree and believe the hype that everybody says about this game. Play it already!

angus

Reaction score
Chrono Trigger is seriously one of the finest JRPGs ever.

I'm currently playing Lunar: Silver Star Harmony as a lead-up to finally playing the Eternal Blue remake.

I've played and completed the SegaCD game more times than I can count, but got side-tracked during my first playthrough of the PSX version. Fast-forward more than a dozen years later and I've got my PSP setup to give it a fair play-thru finally.:metal:

+100000.

Lunar: Silver Star for SegaCD will forever be my favorite RPG- I played the original on SegaCD as a kid and I still try to play it through again every couple years. Love it.

The PS version was muuuuuuch worse. I hated the way they changed the battle system and leveling system, and I just didn't enjoy it as much. The PSP version, though, was much more enjoyable even if still not as good as the SegaCD version.

Same for Eternal Blue, though I didn't like any of that range as much.

(I do the same ritual for Chrono Trigger, FF3 and Phantasy Star IV about every 4-5 years.)

I largely stopped playing video games mid-PS2, so Genesis/SNES is where it's at for me.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
I really need to play that game again.

I rented it for about a week in December 2008 and decided it was meh, time matured my opinion and I've decided to come back to it, realising just how wrong I was in doing so, parts of this are jaw-droppingly beautiful, the royal palace (oddly especially whilst still corrupted) stands out as being so, likely due to the similarity to the night-time aesthetic of parts of Sands of Time.

If you like that, you should check out Okami if you haven't done so already. Another gem that PoP 2008 borrowed heavily from. :yesway:
Considering Okami, but I get games so rarely that if I do play it, it probably won't be soon :lol:

Sands of Time will still remain my favourite PoP game (indeed my favourite game period) though. There are better franchises sure, Elder Scrolls, Half-Life, Halo, Mass Effect, but never have I played a singular better game in my life.

Oh, I'm also playing Portal 2-extremely late to the party despite playing the first one years ago :lol: <3<3 Wheatley

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
Just finished Ni No Kuni on the PS3. Hit the spot for my old school RPG obsession.

Mexi

Reaction score
just picked up Uncharted 3 and the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus hd collection for the PS3 but I've yet to play either

texshred777

Reaction score
Skyrim right now, but the talk about Witcher 2 has me thinking of starting another play through.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
+100000.

Lunar: Silver Star for SegaCD will forever be my favorite RPG- I played the original on SegaCD as a kid and I still try to play it through again every couple years. Love it.

The PS version was muuuuuuch worse. I hated the way they changed the battle system and leveling system, and I just didn't enjoy it as much. The PSP version, though, was much more enjoyable even if still not as good as the SegaCD version.

Same for Eternal Blue, though I didn't like any of that range as much.

(I do the same ritual for Chrono Trigger, FF3 and Phantasy Star IV about every 4-5 years.)

I largely stopped playing video games mid-PS2, so Genesis/SNES is where it's at for me.

Eternal Blue was actually my favorite of the two (tho both pretty much equal) but there was just something special about the original games that wasn't there in the remakes.

Generally I'm not really a retro-gamer I just have a few standout titles that I replay every so often when I have time. I still have my SegaCD (though I'm not sure if it works, haven't hooked it up in over a decade. I've mainly played my old titles on emulators.

Actually just finished rebuilding my PC to use Steam Big Picture on my TV so first game up on that list is probably going to be Dead Space 1 & 2.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
still smashing through batman arkham city! this game is huge, especially with all the side missions and riddler puzzles. I still can't get over the amount of detail they have put into this game. Makes doing the riddler stuff more rewarding because it gives you more insight into the characters and lore of batmans history!! BRILLIANT!!

Don Vito

Reaction score
I bought Yakuza 4 in early 2011. For whatever reason, I still haven't finished it.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
Skyrim.. level 29 and about 90h in, I don't know how much is left of the game.. thats what I like about it!

90 hours in!? there is ALOT! haha get the DLC too, skyrim is a magical place we all invest a lot of time into :p

Don Vito

Reaction score
I actually sold my copy of Skyrim because I was playing it too much and it was getting in the way of life.

Francis978

Reaction score
Right now I am playing Rome: Total War on the PC (well, I shouldn't say right now, starting in a few ;) )

Brilliant RTS game :)

Mexi

Reaction score
recently got back into Anno 2070. I originally stopped playing because it became almost frustrating to get everything going but I loved the look/feel too much so I worked at it and I'm finally getting good at it, shame I'm writing a paper so I can't get back to my city building

')