What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score
0007-pic_07_nut.jpg

metal gear solid 3: snake eater
4th run in
LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bhakan

Reaction score
Team Fortress 2, it's free now, and I can't recommend it enough. If you don't know what it is, it is a multiplaye fps. It is kinda cartoony and doesn't take itself seriously, but it is amazingly fun. I would personally take it over than Halo or CoD anyday (for free!)

Edika

Reaction score
Crap, forgot about Metro 2033 and the STALKER series! I ADORE them, and anyone who gets an opportunity should play them. Metro has the best immersion and tragic feel of any game I've ever played, and truly terrified me in some instances.
Were you playing Clear Sky Edika? That one always messed up for me, imo it was the low point in the series. Shadow of Chernobyl was great though a little buggy, at least it was completely unforgiving. :lol: If you have them on Steam they should update to the latest versions which should kill most bugs. Call of Pripyat has to be my favourite though, very balanced and a little more accessible for general audiences with the much-needed improvements to game maps and addition of home bases.

Should have replied earlier to this post hahahaha! I am playing Shadow of Chernobyl. For the time being I have no problems but I haven't reached the point it crashed last time. I had bought a physical copy of the game so the steam idea goes out the window.

Concerning Duke Nukem Forever some non combat stuff were annoying but other than that lookin' gooood!

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Don't know many who actually bought DLC as it was generally fairly bad and lack luster, but the expansion was alright I guess.

I haven't gotten to any of the dlc content yet, but I'm not expecting anything mind-blowing.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
I just landed on Atlas' face in God of War 2.

3 still hasn't arrived yet, it had better hurry up because I'll probably have 2 beat tonight.

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Dragon Age II and Batman: Arkham Asylum are what's on the menu. I'm nearly done with my second run through DA2 and once I complete the third the Batman game is up next.

ittoa666

Reaction score
Is DA2 worth it? I've heard it was a bit underwhelming.

Also, just got RE5 on demand. I only ha it for about a week when it came out and I got every achievement in that time, so I traded it in. Time to run through it again.

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
DA2 was much more straight forward and they simplified much of how you get around. To me, it's an improvement on DA1 in all directions. The story itself seems to be typical of middle installments in a series. It's very well written and orchestrated but ends on more preview of whats coming than climax.

The DLC's are pretty cool but not really worth what they want. I've already plowed through Legacy with one of my completed games and that came out yesterday. They add to the content without overwhelming it.

Overall I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10. I have complaints about it but they're nothing more than small nitpicks and nothing worth even writing out. If it helps, it's the first game in years to hold my attention longer than a few days. The last that did that was Infamous on PS3 and that's been out a while. If it wasn't the shit I would've done just one play through but I'm looking forward to going through a third time just to see how it all plays out with answering every question like a total prick.

ittoa666

Reaction score
DA2 was much more straight forward and they simplified much of how you get around. To me, it's an improvement on DA1 in all directions. The story itself seems to be typical of middle installments in a series. It's very well written and orchestrated but ends on more preview of whats coming than climax.

The DLC's are pretty cool but not really worth what they want. I've already plowed through Legacy with one of my completed games and that came out yesterday. They add to the content without overwhelming it.

Overall I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10. I have complaints about it but they're nothing more than small nitpicks and nothing worth even writing out. If it helps, it's the first game in years to hold my attention longer than a few days. The last that did that was Infamous on PS3 and that's been out a while. If it wasn't the shit I would've done just one play through but I'm looking forward to going through a third time just to see how it all plays out with answering every question like a total prick.

Sounds good. Might have to pick that up soon.

ry_z

Ikebana Noise Club
Reaction score
base_defense1.png

gtfo my base, suckers

(it's Cyberstorm 2: Corporate Wars, a game from 1998 and one of my favorites ever)

Reynolds666

Reaction score
some racedriver: GRID and some dante's inferno recently as I have been having a bit of a older, cheaper game phase while I await the oncoming wallet onslaught :S

Mexi

Reaction score
base_defense1.png

gtfo my base, suckers

(it's Cyberstorm 2: Corporate Wars, a game from 1998 and one of my favorites ever)

I actually remember playing the first Cyberstorm. The music/feel of the game was always kinda creepy/dark as I recall, but really fun game nonetheless.

edit: on topic though, I'm currently playing Torchlight and Splinter Cell: Conviction

vassallo

Reaction score
Being a game lover , I really love to play new games, at present I am playing Richstate game by lekool in its newly launched server 2, Opulence.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
abit of Syndicate but winding down after getting most achievements. Waiting on the xbox BF3 patch then I'll be back more into that. Also finally getting around to starting Assassin's Creed Revelations.

Played through "Journey" on PS3 last week. If you enjoy game like ICO and Shdaow of the Colossus I can't recommend it enough.

It's one of those incredible games that prove that a video game can be an art form when done right. I felt like a little kid smiling ear to ear with wonder as I was experiencing it and exploring. The only bummer is it's only 3 hrs long and linear so there's not really any replay value other then just to run through it again. I totally want more of it though. Great visuals, emotion, music and gameplay mechanics. Goes into my top 10 list of all time.

It's best just to play and experience it but if you need to see abit this review doesnt spoil too much.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Ok, the top games sucking my life away as of late are:

Xenoblade Chronicles
Street Fighter X Tekken
Ninja Gaiden 3

Games next (will not be touched until Xenoblade is complete)
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
gettin the final song from the dragons in skyward sword.

got a preorder for xenoblade chronicles

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Kingdom Hearts II
Majora's Mask
Skyward Sword (when I get it back from a friend)
Skyrim (Getting bored of it, might sell it :lol: )

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
As of like 2 days ago i finally started playing skyward sword again for the first time since christmas. I only got through the first few dungeons so im excited to have a long way to go.

')