What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ferret

Reaction score
The original first two Fallouts are completely different game styles than FO3 and FO:NV. FO3 is a reimaging based on Elder Scrolls, and ran off the Oblivion game engine.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Beat Tomb Raider: Legend yesterday and started on Tomb Raider: Underworld. Considering playing the previous 6 just to get the entire story, assuming it is all one solid story.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Got amped up for the announcement of Ultra Street Fighter 4, so I've been getting back into playing some sf4. Currently still playing Blanka, but also working on Juri and a little Makoto. Fun!

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Got amped up for the announcement of Ultra Street Fighter 4, so I've been getting back into playing some sf4. Currently still playing Blanka, but also working on Juri and a little Makoto. Fun!

I really should be doing the same. My SF skills have been sorely neglected it's embarrassing. :ugh:

Plus my PS3 has been crashing lately so that sucks a lot. :squint:

Netherhound

Grandeur Of Delusions
Reaction score
Been playing Shin Megami Tensei IV for the last two weeks.

Hands down the best game for the 3DS for all the rpg people out there.

Fire Emblem awakening and Etrian Odyssey 4 are also fantastic titles which I recommend.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I really should be doing the same. My SF skills have been sorely neglected it's embarrassing. :ugh:

Plus my PS3 has been crashing lately so that sucks a lot. :squint:

Same here. I was never really that good anyway...think the highest PP I ever had was around 2500, but I'm just absolute trash now! :lol: Which character(s) do you play most?

Hope your ps3 doesn't kick the bucket. :(

ferret

Reaction score
Civ 5 got it's first run today. Just played it through on easy since I've somehow avoided Civ up till now and wanted to learn the interface.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Same here. I was never really that good anyway...think the highest PP I ever had was around 2500, but I'm just absolute trash now! :lol: Which character(s) do you play most?

Hope your ps3 doesn't kick the bucket. :(

I'm a poster-boy addict so I've been using Ryu in almost every game he's been in. I was competent enough to be at a semi-tournament level and did do a few tourneys in Melbourne, but definitely not Evo/Tougeki level, so all my peers have all surpassed me.

The PS3 crashing seems to have started when I started playing Dynasty Warriors 8... incidentally enough the same time I made a recent Systems Update. Suspicious... :rant:

Osorio

Reaction score
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow rant below. Spoiler tag because, you know... You never know:
Goddamn, I really really REALLY disliked this game. WAAAY more than I thought I would at first... Meaning: Combat and slowness aside. The story is not even that interesting or well realized within the game (the poorly told spoilers I heard a few months back were MUCH more entertaining than the game turned out to be).
Before going in, I read that the game picks up about after chapter 3 and that is absolute and complete bullshit... The story kinda goes somewhere after the very end of chapter 8... Terrible, terrible game... Never going to play this ever again... URGH. Whatever.
/rant

Now heading towards Need For Speed: Most Wanted for some mindless fun. YAY.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Castlevania rant

Finished the game last week as well. As a massive Castlevania fan... yeah it was pretty flat. :lol: The voice acting was the only thing that left a lasting impression. It's like they've thrown all the mediocrity of modern day gaming into a blender and released it under a Castlevania name. The extra story DLC can bite me for all I care and ended up just youtubing the cutscense from this and Mirror of Fate just to amuse my story OCD cravings. I don't mind the reboot concept but the excecution was pretty cack as well.

Kinda miss the Rondo/Symphony days. :(

Osorio

Reaction score
It's like they've thrown all the mediocrity of modern day gaming into a blender and released it with under a Castlevania name. (...) Kinda miss the Rondo/Symphony days. :(

Yeah. Pretty much this. I'm not the most die hard of Castlevania fans, but I do like the franchise and I think they approached it in a very... shoddy... way. Massive flashbacks of Tomb Raider being turned into Female Uncharted, in a way. Symphony was great, and I also liked the previous titles, like Simon's Quest. I lost touch with the franchise when they started releasing stuff primarily on handhelds, so I was very excited about this game. It could have been grand.

The story was pretty great IN THEORY, but the actually interesting part was pretty much the only one they never showed.
I'll youtube the DLC cutscenes as well, but aside that I'm absolutely through with this game... And killed is ALL of my internal hype for Lords of Shadow 2. Shame. I don't even feel like attempting the Plat (which, for me, is almost the hugest insult I can throw at a game, being that I am a massive trophy whore). I'm just glad it is over.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Massive flashbacks of Tomb Raider being turned into Female Uncharted, in a way.

Uh, well, Uncharted was inspired by Tomb Raider, and then the new Tomb Raider just happened to be made by the same team that did the - you guessed it - Uncharted series, so they took the mechanics that worked with the games that people liked made by - you guessed it - so the series kind of collapsed in on itself and that's why they play so similarly.

Osorio

Reaction score
(...) and then the new Tomb Raider just happened to be made by the same team that did the - you guessed it - Uncharted series (...)

Never heard this before.

At any rate, I'm comparing both situations because the two original franchises (Tomb Raider and Castlevania) had a lot of character and personality, and both reboots managed to strip them of their identities. The main thing that killed Tomb Raider for me was how pointless gruesome and murder-focused the game become, whereas other, previous, iterations were always more about exploration. I pretty much adore Tomb Raider Underworld mainly because pretty much every "boss battle" is a puzzle. It is all about the environment. The reboot felt nothing like any of the previous games.. I'm aware that that's sort of the POINT, but I just think it is a pretty shitty point to make; in the same way, playing Lords of Shadow NEVER felt like playing a Castlevania, and that is nothing short of a damn shame.

I digress. Need For Speed! Not really feeling it. It feels really slow and sluggish. I really liked the "handling" on Hot Pursuit and Burnout Paradise, so I had high hopes for this, but it feels nothing like them. Will keep at it and hope it gets better.

EDIT: I'm kinda pissed about the DLC in this game... About 6 times now I found cars, got all giggly, went up to then and pressed Triangle to hop in and do some racing, and was actually lead into the store to buy DLC packs that cost an arm and a leg. I almost purchased one before I realized what was going on the first time around. A tad absurd that the DLC cars just SIT around in a game that doesn't have them... If I was playing Multiplayer I would have sort of understood, because, hey, maybe one of the other players has it, but no... Single player.

Mendez

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the new tomb raider wasn't made by naughty dog, but some of the mechanics from the uncharted should of been part of tomb raider anyway, hence why the reboot took em :lol:

The castlevania reboot was a huge disappointment to me. I'm a huge fan of the all the gb, gba, and ds games. The new one felt like it was trying to compete with god of war and the story wasn't all that amazing to me.

I liked tomb raider, but as stand alone action game mostly.

Well on topic: I'm playing chrono trigger (first time, never played the original), psychonauts, tried to play witcher but my computer is being retarded.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
You're right, it was Square Enix apparently but I could've sworn at one point it was in talks for Naughty Dog to do since they've done a great service to the action-adventure genre

piggins411

Reaction score
I'm playing Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, and Crash Bandicoot 1 and 2. The first one is Crash ridiculously frustrating

Repner

Reaction score
I was contemplating getting Fallout: New Vagas as I enjoyed the third one, and just noticed today that both games are on Steam for £3.74. Yes please!

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Just picked up Ni No Kuni yesterday and really digging it so far. Might actually turn the wifey onto this one as well.

Also ordered Metal Gear Legacy collection so will probably start making my way through that next week.

Repner

Reaction score
Just picked up Ni No Kuni yesterday and really digging it so far. Might actually turn the wifey onto this one as well.

Also ordered Metal Gear Legacy collection so will probably start making my way through that next week.
Ni no Kuni is brilliant indeed. We don't get the MGS Legacy collection until next month, but that's something I need as well. Need to replay the series in preparation for the new one.

')