What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck

Reaction score
I'm 3 hours in right now, the combat and it's accompanying system is fantastic. And do far the story is neat too. And the cut scenes ....ing rule. Lastly, when there is voice acting, it's great

CassDarkwing

Reaction score
I've been playing Planetside 2 a lot lately. I've also started replaying Crysis 2 again. And I've also been playing Bioshock Infinite, as well as Just Cause 2.

Any good F2P MMOs anyone can recommend to me?

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I've been playing Planetside 2 a lot lately. I've also started replaying Crysis 2 again. And I've also been playing Bioshock Infinite, as well as Just Cause 2.

Any good F2P MMOs anyone can recommend to me?

Neverwinter isn't too bad, but I generally tend to not like F2P MMOs very much. Try it and see if you dig it though.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Blacklight Retribution:

Took a while to get into it but I started having fun, surprisingly. Playing against bots is actually more entertaining than playing against people. Having to pay for weapons isn't objectionable, but I just don't have the money right now.

Killzone Shadow Fall:

I'd mentioned this before, crappy HUD, annoying lens flares, un-intuitive in terms of telling you what you're supposed to do. The OWL feature is cool but it's awkward to use. Other than that, there aren't really any next-gen. features in the game to my knowledge. Oh and the movement is awkward.

DC Universe Online:

Brilliant game. It mightn't be flashy or next-generation, but it's free and it's cool. It has the same problem as Killzone Shadow Fall in that it doesn't really make it clear enough what you're supposed to do.

I'm wanting to sell/trade Killzone to get Battlefield 4. By the time that happens, most of the major bugs will have been fixed.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Been plowing through the last bits of Arkham Origins so I can get rid of it, and man, the last Bane fight is ....ing horrifying. He's not even a real person but I was scared for Batman.

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
Finished up AC4, after starting it over when I got the XB1.

Played about half of Dead Rising 3 and got bored.

Picked up NFS Rivals, playing as a racer sucks ass because one wrong turn during a race and there is NO catching back up. Playing as a cop tho is fun as Hell.

Just picked up Ryse today and it's proving to be a good, fun & enjoyable game, good old hack n slash with beautiful graphics.

We see where all my gear money has been going. :lol:

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
Neverwinter isn't too bad, but I generally tend to not like F2P MMOs very much. Try it and see if you dig it though.

^This

Neverwinter is about the only noteworthy F2P MMORPG that's come out recently. I get burnt out on it pretty quickly, but it's still pretty fun to pass the time with it.

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
As for me, I've been sniping on Battlefield 4 for the past 2 months straight. Can't get enough of the SRR with an ACOG sight in Hardcore TDM.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Right now-

PS2-

Freedom Fighters
Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm/ Island Thunder
Star Wars Battlefront

Xbox 360-

Fallout 3
Red Faction Guerrilla
All of the Halos

Reaction score
Blacklight Retribution:

Took a while to get into it but I started having fun, surprisingly. Playing against bots is actually more entertaining than playing against people. Having to pay for weapons isn't objectionable, but I just don't have the money right now.

Don't then. ;)
Play a few online matches and you'll have plenty of GP to spend on either pre-built weaponry or build your own using parts you like.

I haven't spent a dime on BLR and am fairly good at it. :hbang:

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Started playing Day Z standalone alpha, trying to find a weapon and night time is sooo dark and long. Best thing I found was an fire axe but then starved to death :/

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
Started playing Day Z standalone alpha, trying to find a weapon and night time is sooo dark and long. Best thing I found was an fire axe but then starved to death :/

My gaming clan is so in to the new standalone Day Z it's almost creepy. I just don't think a still-in-development public Alpha of a game (though my mates in the clan say they haven't encountered many bugs yet) warrants spending $30. Maybe when it's a full release I'll consider getting. I have to say it looks quite fun from what I've seen of it.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score

My gaming clan is so in to the new standalone Day Z it's almost creepy. I just don't think a still-in-development public Alpha of a game (though my mates in the clan say they haven't encountered many bugs yet) warrants spending $30. Maybe when it's a full release I'll consider getting. I have to say it looks quite fun from what I've seen of it.
Been playing this too. I've got a ton of hours on the mod and so far that's what I'd still rather be playing.

It just isn't obvious to me what they've really done in the time since it was announced. The game is still full of glitches, the controls are still clunky, and overall I just don't see where any progress was made. I realize it's an alpha, but essentially the mod was as well, and in the time since SA's announcement other modders have already accomplished a bunch of the big promises like fort building.

Jackzaa

Reaction score
Back into Demon's Souls. I don't know why this game kicks my ass SO much harder than Dark Souls ever could.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Apparently I'm a console gamer now, gf bought a wii the other day with a couple of games. Lego Star Wars is the best so far. Looking to pick up Rock Band cheap on craigslist soon so that I can sing and play drums to become Phil Collins :lol:

')