What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I got into the series when Morrowind came out, so I never got into the first two. solving that now ;)

Daggerfall was the game of my youth. Back when the 400MB "huge" installation size would take up an entire hard drive all by itself, and other games (most notably "DOOM") came on floppy discs. There's a huge amount of nostalgia when it comes to Daggerfall and I'm sure anyone picking it up these days for the first time wouldn't even want to bother dealing with all the glitches and stuff involved.

One of the few things I remember about Daggerfall is that if you go to the Rusty Ogre Lodge in Daggerfall, steal from all the foot lockers, save, load, then steal again (rinse and reapeat) you could get all sorts of Daedric weapons. Super convenient for selling to buy a house. Morrowind was also pretty great, and I started playing around with it recently. If you can get past the aweful graphics, it's definitely a great game.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Me: Minecraft is boring; it is not difficult to stop playing it.
:lol: I had to take it back. I ended up digging to the bottom of the earth, only to find some diamonds I couldn't have because I needed an iron pick ax. The elevator music and cow noises were starting to get on my nerves as well.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Got Assassins Creed 4 for Christmas started the first few missions and love it already. Havent played AC since AC2 but I played that game for like 19 hours straight until I beat it :lol:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Finished up Arkham Asylum the other day and got the other two for Christmas so I'm gonna make my way through those.

Still have to finish Pokemon Y and Hitman: Absolution some time.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
I've been procrastinating beating HeartGold because I'm on Victory Road and need to level grind. Other than that, I've been playing through GTA4 again, I just picked up Metro: Last Light and New Vegas the other day, and for Christmas I got GTA5.

I'll be kept occupied for a while.

In other news, I've felt like playing through Dark Souls again (I've beat it once so now I'm on NG+) but I'm stuck at Ornstein and Smough and they're a pain to beat while going solo on NG+.

Mexi

Reaction score
feeling some oldschool gaming so I'm finally getting around to playing Deus Ex and System Shock 2

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I'm just going to hound this thread for months until Blacklight exits the beta.

Fun fact: they give you all the Z-coins (purchased with real-world money) you invested in the game back when the full-game is released. So essentially if you buy shit before the Beta is over and the full-game is released, you'll be getting free stuff and then more Z-coins for more stuff :tmm:

I LOVE THIS GAME. I WAS UP UNTIL 4:00 a.m. this morning playing it :lol:

Don Vito

Reaction score
Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Not a bad game, but I'm just waiting for the dubstep to kick in as I pull off a siq slow mo headshot. Definitely a step back from GRAW.

edit: okay, it's actually a lot harder than I thought but w/e

Last edited:

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
Now that I have a decent laptop I can finally try and play League of Legends.

My friends won't STFU about it so I figured I might as well try it. Even if I don't like it much i'll have fun doing something with my friends.

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
currently playing a game at work. No its not a videogame or a board game.

Its called DOUBLE TIME!
I work at a gas station so I see customers almost 24/7 so this is a great game to play if you're easily amused.

Double time is...
Say everything twice until someone says normal/regular time.
Customer walks in you say hello or w/e, during double time you say it twice.

You do it long as you can till a customer notices and verbally says something.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Not a bad game, but I'm just waiting for the dubstep to kick in as I pull off a siq slow mo headshot. Definitely a step back from GRAW.

edit: okay, it's actually a lot harder than I thought but w/e

So I started playing GRAW 1 agaain, and now I'm stuck at the part where you have to protect Mexico's president from EVERYTHING. I gave up on that and started GRAW 2. I think this is the best one out of the modern Ghost Recon games.

I'm also playing the console version of Diablo 3. Wish I had a split screen buddy 2 l00t with :(

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
Finally got Street Fighter IV on the last Steam Sale.

I have yet to figure out how to do the Super or Ultra moves consistently. It seems like they just work whenever they feel like, and beating Seth without having complete control over your character seems impossible.

That being said, it's amazing fun. I love it.

Don Vito

Reaction score
I miss TF2 so much. I played it from launch day until summer of 2011, but had to quit because shit internet. I'm going to get soooooooo re-addicted when I leave for Uni next year.

Osorio

Reaction score
Been diving into "DmC: Devil May Cry". Extremely mixed reactions, but mostly very bad impressions so far (I've cleared it once and am now working on collectibles). All the possible bias because I really liked the first titles aside, the game has been very unstable and twitchy with me. A lot of commands don't seem to register properly and the game has a lot of frame rate issues and hang ups. Frozen my PS3 a bunch of times... (specially annoying after completing some of the harder missions).

The characters are really bland and the game rather excessive cussing in hopes of being edgy is dated as all hell. The story is very good though, I actually quite liked it and along with the level design are, are the redeeming qualities of the title for me; but I miss a certain degree of subtlety to the narrative. Everything is very spelled out and obvious... A certain effort to make the stuff more nuanced would have probably been appreciated; but DMC was never subtle in the first place, so I'm not sure that is a valid complain to have. Anyway... I like the concept, I really think it could have been stellar, but I don't think it was all that well realized.

(and the thing with the wig on chapter 1 is completely unnecessary, uncalled for and insulting.)

texshred777

Reaction score
Finishing off another Mass Effect series play through. Renegade Vanguard Talimancer. Really need to pick up Omega and Citadel soon.

Once I finish that, I have the Splinter Cell classic Trilogy HD for PS3 to get started on.

')