What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drusas

exhibit-sbt
Reaction score
I picked up a WiiU recently.. Played through Pikmin 3, probably the most fun I've had in a game since N64. Very rewarding, recommended. That said, I haven't really touched consoles since the N64.. From time to time I still just hook up the old consoles and play Megaman 2-3, x-x2 and all of the contras. Too much money goes towards new gear and I don't feel there's very much wrong with the old games that maintained replay value vs todays.

I'd ask for suggestions for games for WiiU, but I think the answer there is that there isn't any.. lol. Too much residual die hard nintendo fandom still in my blood I guess.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Repner

Reaction score
I picked up a WiiU recently.. Played through Pikmin 3, probably the most fun I've had in a game since N64. Very rewarding, recommended. That said, I haven't really touched consoles since the N64.. From time to time I still just hook up the old consoles and play Megaman 2-3, x-x2 and all of the contras. Too much money goes towards new gear and I don't feel there's very much wrong with the old games that maintained replay value vs todays.

I'd ask for suggestions for games for WiiU, but I think the answer there is that there isn't any.. lol. Too much residual die hard nintendo fandom still in my blood I guess.
All I can do is point you to the Virtual Console I suppose. Not big on the lineup either. I use it for the few Wii games I wanted to play, since I wasn't going to buy a console at the end of it's lifespan, with only around 4 games I was keen on playing.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Managed to take advantage of that PlayStation plus and I nabbed me my own copy of Borderlands 2 (I was using a friend's disc prior) and Bioshock Infinite. Both are a lot of fun. Love the visuals in the latter.

Osorio

Reaction score
^ Borderlands 2 is pretty good. It is a shame that it doesn't seem to work as well with local co-op, maybe its just me, but since the game got more detailed (as compared to BL1), distinguishing things in split screen became way harder. The game itself feels harder as well, so there is less room for error. Still very good stuff.

Been playing Silent Hill 3 HD on the PS3. It is... Different from what I remember. I think I got a glitch that going into menus sometimes kill the music, because I don't remember the game being "this" silent (ironically). I'm sure it happened at least once, but now that I'm half way through and most of the game has been music-less (SFX still play, thankfully), I'm contemplating how much of this was actually by design. Great game nonetheless, but after replaying I think I would probably place Downpour over it on my personal Silent Hill ranking system.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Just played through Broken Age : Act 1 last night, very cool, but so very short.

Rock4ever

Reaction score
I bought FF13 and 13-2 to play before Lightning Returns hit.

IGN gave the game a 7.0
Gamespot a 5.

FFS what the hell is square doing and how the hell do they expect ppl to buy FF15 when it's really FF Vs 13.:ugh:

Osorio

Reaction score
^

I actually really liked both games.. The post game on 13 is ass, and made me actively dislike the game, but the campaign... I don't know, it was pretty great IMO. It was the first FF since 10 which made me neglect sleep so I could finish "just one more" area. The story was pretty great up to the last moments, where it is ruined. Which added to my post game hate.
13-2 was in general a much better game in terms of "design". I really liked it as well. Story was absolute nonsense though. But it was mostly really fun. Ending DLC really puts a dent on this though. But it was a very good GAME. Cool mechanics and stuff.

From reviews, story in LR seems to be crap as well.... I fear for 15 on the simple basis that I think the story will be so incredibly cringe-worthy that I won't be able to actually finish the game this time. Something that seems to be approaching with each new FF title. I'm eager for LR, but not enough that I would get it a full price. But once it drops to something more reasonable, I'll be all over that... Looks "interesting enough".

---
I've been playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Trying to come to terms with it... Failing.

warpedsoul

Reaction score
Right now I'm wanting to finish Dark Souls before Dark Souls 2 comes out. I still yet have to play the DLC :(. Considering this is my fav series of all time I'm ashamed of myself.

Playing Madden 25 and NFS Rivals on PS4.

Getting Nascar 14, and Dark Souls 2 in the coming weeks.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
What game am I NOT playing:

So I picked up my preorder of Lightning Returns only to open the limited edition box and find it with no game, no instructions, just the DLC code for a damn Cloud Strife costume I don't really care for. Calling the store to escalate this today. Not happy. :pissed:

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
What game am I NOT playing:

So I picked up my preorder of Lightning Returns only to open the limited edition box and find it with no game, no instructions, just the DLC code for a damn Cloud Strife costume I don't really care for. Calling the store to escalate this today. Not happy. :pissed:

That sucks man. I was just playing the demo the other day. Hope they get it sorted for you.

Me personally, not playing anything...though considering taking another stab at FF XIII. I keep picking it up and playing for a couple hours every month or so.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Ok. Sorted out the Lightning Returns debacle and playing that now. It's actually pretty weird to play. It takes plenty of the gameplay elements of the prequels but feels nothing like them. It's refreshing for a Final Fantasy game. Plus I love the race against time motif. It's gonna force me to do multiple play throughs.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Snagged "Transformers: Fall of Cybertron" from my work since I was in need of something new and light-hearted to play through and it's been pretty fun. Obviously it's not a very forward thinking game and in one day I did manage to go through half the game (it's 12 chapters) but oh well. I really enjoy the models of all the characters and seeing Metroplex stomp through the city was awesome.

')