What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
I friend on FB posted about the GoG Valentine's sale so I scored for Metal of Honor Allied Assault, Rise of the Triad (2013 version that I didn't know had been released yet) and Painkiller (black edition) for $7.

Going to have a bit of nostalgic fun here for a few weeks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PAZ

Reaction score
I need a new free browser game, is it dece if I've never heard of the anime before I googled it?

The browser game & the anime are incredible! IMO Attack On Titan is the game Of Thrones of the Anime world - ruthless, dark and extremely captivating.
I recommend watching the show before diving into the game because the game is highly based on the tactics used in the show its self.

A word of warning - the game is very hard at first but once you get the hang of the physics you will not be able to put it down haha!

pink freud

Reaction score
Some people were complaining about how there aren't any good horror games anymore.

After watching a play-through of Outlast, if you like horror you'll love this game.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Some people were complaining about how there aren't any good horror games anymore.

After watching a play-through of Outlast, if you like horror you'll love this game.

Eh, it looks like an interactive version of "Grave Encounters." Horror nowadays comes down to pale, dirty white skin, black eyes, and usually an elongated face of some sort so once you get past that; it just comes down to jump scares.

The atmosphere of the game is gonna do 90% of the work too

tranqx

Reaction score
I'm also thinking about starting up a second playthrough of The Last of Us on survival mode. I checked out the Titanfall beta this weekend, very similar to COD and I'm not sure if I'm bored of it yet already or not... theres a Gamefly discount for it though for about 13 bucks off.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
I'm also thinking about starting up a second playthrough of The Last of Us on survival mode. I checked out the Titanfall beta this weekend, very similar to COD and I'm not sure if I'm bored of it yet already or not... theres a Gamefly discount for it though for about 13 bucks off.

And that's what scares me about Titanfall. I already hated how fast paced COD was. Coming from Halo CE and being a huge Halo nerd, I totally prefer the pacing of H1, H2, & H3 multiplayer. I'm in a wait and see mode on that game. I want to see the fallout.

tranqx

Reaction score
And that's what scares me about Titanfall. I already hated how fast paced COD was. Coming from Halo CE and being a huge Halo nerd, I totally prefer the pacing of H1, H2, & H3 multiplayer. I'm in a wait and see mode on that game. I want to see the fallout.

It could be that theres only two modes in the beta and two maps... and playing the same maps over and over is a little bore-inducing. This game is definitely COD fast... hell its made by ex-Infinity Ward people, which I'm sure you knew. I just think I'm at the point where run of the mill, standard multiplayer games just don't really do it for me. I can't play them on my own like I used to be able to do and actually have fun - I have to have a group of friends.

Now Evolve... that might change things.

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
I've been hooked on King Arthurs Gold lately, a 2d multiplayer game which is quite simple and hilarious.

In recent years i've been enjoying more casual games and find it harder to dig into RPG's and FPS games like I used to. I think I might have turned slightly casual! Oh my

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
Been playing a game called
"Giana sisters. twisted dreams".

Friend gifted it to me on steam and its a REALLY good puzzle/platformer game!
Definitely check it out if you like that style of games!

Reaction score
I help a friend of mine get set up on GTA V Online and so now I'm probably gonna spend my whole vacation playing it. At least until padyay when I can actually do something.

Nyx Erebos

Reaction score
Right now I'm playing bard's tale on my phone. The dialogs are hilarious and the gameplay is fun for this phone version. I'm playing Grim Fandango too. Great story, amazing music but damn those old school adventure games are hard, the things you need to do in order to progress don't make any sense to me.

Preacher

Lord of Beer
Reaction score
Mostly Guild Wars 2. Had it for ages and got bored after the 1st zone, but been playing it a lot more the last few months to the point I actually managed to get a character to max level.

Probably start on StarCraft 2 which I got for Christmas in a bit.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
Working my way through FF: XIV ARR, Almost completed the main story and maxed my first class, but it has taken me almost 6 weeks, as I only really get on for around 4-5 hours a week, if that. Really enjoying it, great crowd as well in all the dungeons, although I decided to give a Tank and a run (First time ever as a tank in any mmo), and haven't really enjoyed it, but once I max him, I'll probably start training up my Lancer Class and aim for a Dragoon (DPS).

Repner

Reaction score
Working my way through FF: XIV ARR, Almost completed the main story and maxed my first class, but it has taken me almost 6 weeks, as I only really get on for around 4-5 hours a week, if that. Really enjoying it, great crowd as well in all the dungeons, although I decided to give a Tank and a run (First time ever as a tank in any mmo), and haven't really enjoyed it, but once I max him, I'll probably start training up my Lancer Class and aim for a Dragoon (DPS).

I just downloaded the beta for the PS4. Gonna try it today. It looks like a far cry from the original XIV they ruined.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Finally mustered up the courage to play Dead Space 2 further. Those kid monsters are so ....ing annoying.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Finally mustered up the courage to play Dead Space 2 further. Those kid monsters are so ....ing annoying.

Those are annoying but my pet peeves are the "Hunters" who regenerate their lost/dismembered limbs. The first time I played the first Dead Space game, I didn't know they could do that and there I am, walking towards it, thinking he's dead and trying to see if he dropped any ammo/health and he's getting up and more pissed off than ever. :eek:

Repner

Reaction score
Tried FF XIV beta on PS4 and I'm really liking it. Not sure how I'd compare it to Guild Wars II yet, but so far I'm impressed.

')