What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Decided to replay Xenoblade Chronicles, but this time I'm using a code to reduce EXP gain to 1/4 of normal. Thus far it's been just about perfect, I can kill a few monsters as I go and do all the quests I find without constantly overleveling everything around me. I've actually been a few levels under story fights and unique monsters thus far, pretty fun so far.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Nephew dropped by with some stuff and let me pick; I grabbed Far Cry 3 and Dishonored.

I dug FC3; really got a sense of 'I'm a normal guy put into this situation, and I'd never really contemplated killing someone before, but I'm getting good at it so let's keep doing it' type of thing. Some of it got really frustrating for me, but it was manageable.
I got stuck twice in the framework....that is a sign of bad game design to me....there shouldn't be any reason a game should come out where someone can just get locked into a piece of the game (a rock or wall) and not be able to move or kill themselves.....had to end and reload from last save and that's incredibly annoying to me. Just kills it, in terms of suspension of disbelief. I've never been materially fused with a rock in my life, that I can remember. :)

Dishonored was a treat for me and my daughter.....started immediately after finishing FC3, and it was slower paced...we had to be a lot more sneaky throughout this game and rushing got us killed. A LOT. Once we figured out (halfway thru) that we had to slow down and take our time with these missions, it was infinitely more enjoyable to both of us....creeping along rooftops, figuring out ways to jack someone without killing them, finding hidden rooms, etc...started a second playthrough the day after we finished it, focusing on finding every treasure/coin/rune/bone charm on each mission. I seriously can't remember the last time I played a game again immediately...I don't know that I ever have, unless it was way back in the day and maybe replayed the very first Tomb Raider on PS.

Either one would give you a few hours of fun if you hadn't played em before. NEXT!

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Grabbed InFamous Second Son and Rayman Legends for PS4 last night. Both hella fun so far. Almost grabbed MGSV: Ground Zeroes, but hear its incredibly short, so going to wait on that for a bit.

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
GOAT SIMULATOR!!!

Also getting into WoW , played a bit a few years ago but had no time to play it. Now I have a bit more time to play.

Plus my girlfriend is getting a new laptop in the next month or so , so she'll be playing with me.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Just got Reaper of Souls today and ran through Act 5 with my friend. Pretty short it seemed but playing with him is always a speed run. He doesn't give you a chance to read any of the dialogue or absorb the story so I do it on my own later. The new loot system is WAAAAY better than before and I'm enjoying the game again.

pink freud

Reaction score
Picked up the full-expansion Civ 5 finally. Just getting the hang of the game. Won with Science, Culture and War, now I need to figure out the Diplomatic victory.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Picked up the full-expansion Civ 5 finally. Just getting the hang of the game. Won with Science, Culture and War, now I need to figure out the Diplomatic victory.

Including Brave New World?

Also, which AI setting are you on?

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Just got Reaper of Souls today and ran through Act 5 with my friend. Pretty short it seemed but playing with him is always a speed run. He doesn't give you a chance to read any of the dialogue or absorb the story so I do it on my own later. The new loot system is WAAAAY better than before and I'm enjoying the game again.

Yeah, I've started playing a lot of D3 again.

Act V is pretty meh IMO, but oh god the gameplay is so much better. Adventure Mode is also pretty good, because it's what everyone was already doing distilled - hunting champion/elite packs/bosses for dem phat pixels :lol:

pink freud

Reaction score
Including Brave New World?

Also, which AI setting are you on?

Yeah, I just bought the whole thing off Steam.

Whatever the default is. I've never played that many strategy games, so I'm still learning the depths of the menus. There's a lot of little hidden synergies that take some time to figure out (like the set bonuses for the archeological finds).

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Yeah, I just bought the whole thing off Steam.

Whatever the default is. I've never played that many strategy games, so I'm still learning the depths of the menus. There's a lot of little hidden synergies that take some time to figure out (like the set bonuses for the archeological finds).

Nice. Just checking - Brave New World seriously overhauls culture and global diplomacy and makes it a lot better, IMO.

The AI is pretty goddamn stupid at default, but that totally makes sense. I also usually play down there with my ladyfriend, because we kinda just want to team up for the research bonus and compstomp instead of actually, you know, having to get stressed over it :lol:

pink freud

Reaction score
Nice. Just checking - Brave New World seriously overhauls culture and global diplomacy and makes it a lot better, IMO.

The AI is pretty goddamn stupid at default, but that totally makes sense. I also usually play down there with my ladyfriend, because we kinda just want to team up for the research bonus and compstomp instead of actually, you know, having to get stressed over it :lol:

So far, out of my three victories war was the hardest. Just positioning units took up a lot of time. Got there two turns before the first World Leader vote.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Finished Dishonored with 100%, so hit Gamestop with the kid.....she grabbed Bioshock Infinite (which I hate, this thing looks like a cartoon and the cutscenes just kill it for me), and I got Dead Island and Batman Arkham Origins for us to do together.

When she beats BI we'll take on Dead Island...also grabbed COD Ghosts for me and my wife....I dig it more than she does; she's bent that there's no Nuketown.:lol:

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Made a Dee Jay player ragequit in SF4 today. Feels good man! :lol:

Orandje

Reaction score
Space Engineers.

Recommend it!
Sandbox/Space Sim that can make one addicted (y)

Alex6534

Reaction score
Just got Skyrim for the PC and trying my hardest not to play it until May with coursework exams coming up....as I know my life will cease for about two weeks once all the mods are installed :lol:

Reaction score
Took a break from DMC to play some more Binary Domain. Holy shit are the boss fights getting more ridiculous. I just got done fighting Demolisher from Revenge of the Fallen and a tentacle graping chandelier.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Going back to STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl as I feel like some post-apocalyptic mayhem.

Damn it's frustrating, I really need to get used to the mechanics again as accuracy without a scope is minimal.

Am mainly waiting for Elite: Dangerous to come out, as I supported the Kickstarter. The alpha footage looks immense. I may need to buy a new laptop to run it on though.

')