What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wat

Reaction score
Finished Fallout 3 and Now I'm back to ME3 Multiplayer. Knocking out Platinum matches and trying to get my Ultra Rares maxed.

Reaction score
Finished Binary Domain. Good game but the boss fights definitely peaked in act five, and I'm so fraking sick of cliffhanger, sequel bait endings.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Argh.....started Arkham Origins. Man this game is terrible compared to the first two....it's like a train wreck, I can't look away. Still Batman though, so I'll finish it.

This.

It done by a different studio which explains 99% of it, but it's still really terrible compared to the originals

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Just fired up the campaign on Black Ops (CoD) and oh god.. It's much more horrible than I remember it being. Literally everything sucks, voice acting/design, graphics (well, it's a 4-5yo old game but they weren't that pretty back in the day either), level design..

Won't be playing it much anymore. Now give me a Call of Duty 2 and I'll play the shit out of that game!

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Just fired up the campaign on Black Ops (CoD) and oh god.. It's much more horrible than I remember it being. Literally everything sucks, voice acting/design, graphics (well, it's a 4-5yo old game but they weren't that pretty back in the day either), level design..

Won't be playing it much anymore. Now give me a Call of Duty 2 and I'll play the shit out of that game!

CoD1 rifle/SMG combo ftmfw :fawk:

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
recomendations for something with a cool singleplayer and a decent story?, lost my Fallout 3 and New Vegas saves so I don't feel like doing everything again for atleast some time :(

just drop names and I'll check em :D, my laptop can run games like Bioshock Infinite or Battlefield 3 at medium, medium/low

ghost_of_karelia

Utrydd dei Svake
Reaction score
Decided to give Borderlands a proper try. I've owned the game for at least one or two years now and have played it sporadically, but I've never really knuckled down and got into it beyond the first few missions. Something about quest/hand-in/quest/hand-in gameplay makes it a massive turn-off for me.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I'm very much enjoying it. Aside from having to lower the resolution to get a high enough FPS to make it enjoyable (story of my life) and the computer sporadically overheating when trying to play it, it's a lot of fun. Challenging even at more basic difficulty settings, and it's a beautifully atmospheric game.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
recomendations for something with a cool singleplayer and a decent story?, lost my Fallout 3 and New Vegas saves so I don't feel like doing everything again for atleast some time :(

just drop names and I'll check em :D, my laptop can run games like Bioshock Infinite or Battlefield 3 at medium, medium/low
Mass Effect. All of them.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Mass Effect. All of them.

I picked up the first one a few months ago, because I thought I'd really like it.

I started playing through it, and I still think I'd like it, but I made the mistake of choosing the pistol/sniper class, under the assumption I'd be able to use other weapons later, and it's made the game more of a chore. :lol:

Now that I finished DS2, I think I'm gonna start ME1 over again with a different weapons class, I really do like what I've played through so far.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Morrowind

- Love the atmosphere of this game, and the combat doesn't annoy me like it did back in the day due to having experienced some of the stat based 90's rpgs like Fallout 1/2. It can get a little frustrating trying to find new quests, as you have to walk around and sit through text to get any information.

Quake Live

- You shoot things and its f2p without micro transactions and balancing issues. It's fun.

Euro Truck Simulator 2

- Haven't touched the full game since I bought it, but I played the demo a little, and damn, this is the ultimate soundtrack game other than like audiosurf. It is a little boring to drive with the keyboard, but I didn't have any control issues due to the speed of the trucks.

Counter Strike: GO

- This is an enjoyable game when I'm not getting AWP'd every round. Don't have a lot to say about it other than that. I really do hate the ultra competitive douchbaggery this game attracts though. Many of the people who play this game at a serious level have just lost all sight about the joy of gaming.

Word of Tanks

- This might be one of the priciest f2p games I've ever seen. There's no telling how much WoT enthusiast drop on gold bundles and stuff. The actual game is pretty fun, but very hard to lean into for newbies. I can never learn from my mistakes, as I'm never quite sure where I'm being shot from. I've noticed by spectating better players, that the sure strategy to win, is to camp in a bush until the very end of the game, and then decide whether or not to rush the enemy base for a capture. Anyone who rushes out with a fast scout tank like mine, is basically cannon fodder. I want to like this game, but I'm very unsure about it.

TF2

- Been playing since launch. I'm a little bitter about it these days, but it's still very enjoyable. The weapons they have added over the years have only ruined a few characters, one being the Spy. The Spy's new knives and gadgets are often cheap and really take the fun out of playing the class. But in all fairness, the spy is still at a disadvantage on the field, no matter what layout he uses. The worst offender is the Sandvich. I could live without the ridiculous hat culture, but the only real problem about it is that Medics will NOT stay on you if you aren't adorned in all the latest wear. Even if you're beast as .... and are dominating the whole team, they only heal the Heavy with the neon green sneakers and wolf hat -_-. It's frustrating for me because I'm good(sometimes), but I'm on a fresh account after 3 years, and have no hats(besides the ghibus :lol:).

GunZ 2

- Weird Korean TPS game, that aims at recreating over the top anime style battles in a multiplayer platform. Almost everything about this game scream "cool!", especially the controls(wall running anyone?). Problem is; the game just doesn't work. It has lots of.. natural lag so to speak. Characters are statically moving all over the place, and its common to be getting diced up with a katana from 5 ft away. I guess the frantic of the nature of the game ....s with the code or something.. idk. I want to like this game, but it NEEDS to be a smoother experience.

Star Trek Online

- I installed this for the sole purpose of piloting a space ship. I need to get an EVE subscription. :lol:

Fallout 2

- Grabbed this when GOG made it free last year. I haven't made it past the first section of the game ;_;. If I can say anything, I love the atmosphere. That's my #1 thing about RPG games. The game play and story can be completely dismal, but I'll play the hell out of your game if you can get the atmosphere brewing. This is my favorite thing about the Demons Souls/Dark Souls franchise, not the gameplay or challenge.

K-On! for the PSP

- Wow. Such Kawaii. Much music.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Fallout 2

- Grabbed this when GOG made it free last year. I haven't made it past the first section of the game ;_;. If I can say anything, I love the atmosphere. That's my #1 thing about RPG games. The game play and story can be completely dismal, but I'll play the hell out of your game if you can get the atmosphere brewing. This is my favorite thing about the Demons Souls/Dark Souls franchise, not the gameplay or challenge.

oh, you mean....

...blue, moist, and atmospheric? :cool:

seriously though, exams are near, so bye bye gaming for a while :rolleyes:, I'll keep Mass Effect, Fallout 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and TF2 in mind...

')