What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Started Metro: Last Light last week. I like the atmosphere but I have the same problem with it as I did with BulletStorm where when you're not fighting human enemies it becomes a chore to play.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

alvo

Reaction score
my friend convinced me to get Elder Scrolls Online. However my PC can only run it on minimum and the graphics I get are a total turnoff, so now I'm getting an Aorus x7 :lol:.

SkyIllusion

Maine Music Teacher
Reaction score
Anyone else here start playing Child of Light on steam? It came out a few days ago and I think it's fantastic.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
fvck all the posible games I listed in the last page, in a nostalgia moment I downloaded a Snes Emulator and Chrono Trigger (my bandmate recorded a cover of the game OST :lol: ), and I've never beat this since I was like 10 years old the last time I played it and didn't understood shit about the game mechanics or English, but I loved the game :wub:

Don Vito

Reaction score
Had some time away from the PC last weekend or so, and I rented the newest Thief game. Not sure why, but I couldn't get into it. Felt like it was holding my hand in some inadvertent way.

Last edited:

broj15

Reaction score
currently doing (another) run on Final Fantasy tactics on ps1. Because nothings more fun than spending 50 turns running away and yelling.

wat

Reaction score
I picked up the first one a few months ago, because I thought I'd really like it.

I started playing through it, and I still think I'd like it, but I made the mistake of choosing the pistol/sniper class, under the assumption I'd be able to use other weapons later, and it's made the game more of a chore. :lol:

Now that I finished DS2, I think I'm gonna start ME1 over again with a different weapons class, I really do like what I've played through so far.

Sounds like you're an infiltrator. Keep in mind pistols have the best damage per second especially during the early game because Assault Rifles are really innacurate until you put a lot of points into assault rifles skill.

And you can still use shotguns reasonably effectively on a class without shotguns training because you don't really need to be able to zoom in with them. Good for close quarters.

If you really want training in all weapons you can be the soldier class. It's what I did for my 1st playthrough of ME1 and ME2, though nowadays I think sentinel and adept are a lot more fun. I like the vanguard in me1(shotgun caster) but in me2 and me3 the vanguard is too OP and cheesy, imo.

:2cents:

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Downloaded Final Fantasy IX last night. I seriously think I've used my PS3 more in the 4 or 5 days I've owned it than I have my PS4 that I've owned since January.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Sounds like you're an infiltrator. Keep in mind pistols have the best damage per second especially during the early game because Assault Rifles are really innacurate until you put a lot of points into assault rifles skill.

And you can still use shotguns reasonably effectively on a class without shotguns training because you don't really need to be able to zoom in with them. Good for close quarters.

If you really want training in all weapons you can be the soldier class. It's what I did for my 1st playthrough of ME1 and ME2, though nowadays I think sentinel and adept are a lot more fun. I like the vanguard in me1(shotgun caster) but in me2 and me3 the vanguard is too OP and cheesy, imo.

:2cents:

Thanks for the tips man! I've been in need of a new game to play through lately, definitely gonna take what you said in to consideration and start Mass Effect over later tonight. :yesway:

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips man! I've been in need of a new game to play through lately, definitely gonna take what you said in to consideration and start Mass Effect over later tonight. :yesway:

That's actually what I've been doing for the last couple of weeks. I've played both ME 1 & 2 a few times over each, but only played through ME3 once, and that was before they released the extended cut ending so I rolled a new Renegade character starting from ME2 and busted out all the higres texture replacements I could find.

ME3 is looking damn fine.:yesway:

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I recently got back a whole stack of games I'd loaned to a friend a year or two ago. Among them was the Orange Box, and I've subsequently been playing a lot of Team Fortress 2.

That, and Civilization Revolution, which my go-to for "I need to turn my brain off for an hour or two. Or five."

*edit* also, Vanguard is the bee's knees in ME1. In ME2 and ME3 they kinda nerfed the class a little bit, but it can still be great once you unlock a few skills for custom slots after playing through a few times. Basically, what I'm trying to say is: Shotgun + Lift = God Mode.

Defi

Reaction score
The Witcher 2. Amazing game. My ONLY complaint is the stealth mechanics are awful. But there has only been about 30 minutes of it in the 30 or so hours I've played the game.

I will move to a new place in the next few months and in that place I will have a projector, purchase a well informed set of speakers and amps/processors... a comfy as .... couch... an ounce of green happiness, and then slip into game coma for a few weekends. I look forward to this, and this thread may supply the inspiration to pick up a few games.

wat

Reaction score

Cool beans. When you import your me1 file save into me2 you'll also have a chance to change your character's class early in the game.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Putting some more time into CS Global Offensive. I hadn't played this game in like a year, so I figured I'd dust it off and shoot some terrorists.

And here's my ode to all the times I couldn't diffuse the bomb in time:

:lol:

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Ranked up to a B+ with Blanka on SF4 last night! :D

Time to pick up a secondary character. Guh. I dunno who to play to compliment Blanka. I'm thinking someone with projectiles, probably either Guile or one of the shotos.

')