What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
CounterStrike Global Offensive. This game is already taking up several hours of my life, and it looks like that's just the tip of the iceberg compared to how many hours I'll end up putting into this game. :lol:

KarlMagnusRobin

Köttbullar är fint..
Reaction score
After seeing The Lone Ranger a few weeks ago I got the urge of playing through Red Dead Redemption again.. for the 8th time haha!
Best game ever IMHO!

Beside that Im playing:
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Heavenly Sword
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

When Im done with RDR, Batman and HS I might pick up Skyrim again..

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Finished the Last of Us recently (BEZT GAMEH EVAH!, never had been so immersed in a videogame) and going up for Fallout New Vegas again cause I feel that I rushed a bit the first time I played a few years ago.
It's weird, I like the game, but some times I think it can get boring as .... (walking through the Mojave dessert for a few hours just can get a little tiring to me :lol:), yet at the same time I can't stop playing :D

ohh, and also the old Need For Speed most wanted, I can't believe that after so many games later EA still can't top that one in fun factor

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been playing Fallout 3. I liked it a lot at first, but I'm finding the relative humourlessness (compared to Fallout 1 and 2) and the constant, unrelenting grey palette and grimy, dirty look that pervades everything to be off-putting. On top of that, the design of the Capital Waste seems disjointed, Downtown DC is just a pain in the ass to get around, and I hatehateHATE subway-crawling.

I bought both Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas off the recent Steam sale, so last night I downloaded New Vegas as well. I know that the general consensus is that FO3 is a better game, but so far I'm actually enjoying everything about New Vegas more. Granted, I'm not very far in, but the color palette is much more palatable than FO3, and the humour is a lot more entertaining. It just feels truer to the original games than FO3. :shrug:

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
+1 on Xaios, I forgot how lifeless Fallout 3 felt, New Vegas still has the Strip and the NCR camps (......well.........a ....ing nuke hit DC :lol:) although I remember the combat along the brotherhood of steel in Fallout 3 to be so much fun, shame it only happens on the later quests

oh, and Xaios, try to find Oasis in fallout 3, only place with some green in the game

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Playtesting Batman Arkham Origins on the WII U over and over and over......

At home playing Metro lastlight, TombRaider and Borderlands 2 Dlc's

Labrie

King of the Swing
Reaction score
CounterStrike Global Offensive. This game is already taking up several hours of my life, and it looks like that's just the tip of the iceberg compared to how many hours I'll end up putting into this game. :lol:

I bought GO on sale but honestly I just can't get into it. It's so slow and sluggish compared to Source imo. I think I just haven't adjusted to it yet, maybe it'll get better.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
So I'm a giant pussy. It's just about midnight here, I got home from dinner and figured I'd check out Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I turned off all the lights and put on my headphones.

Ten minutes later I went "nope nope nope" after being faced with having to walk down a dark hallway with no lantern oil (I used it all up being a pussy in the hallways only to find a locked door).

I thought I was more resilient than this but my own imagination really got to me and I'd really like to sleep tonight so maybe tomorrow will be a bright sunny day and I can summon a bit more testicular fortitude.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
So yeah, Fallout: New Vegas kicks Fallout 3's ass, hands down. Having WAY more fun with this game. The only thing that I found felt like a chore was constantly going up and down and up and down in the rocket facility with the ghouls/nightkin.

ferret

Reaction score
I played way more FO3 than FONV. I need to go back to NV at some point, but I didn't like the weapons as much, or the interface changes. But then, I had dozens and dozens of hours into FO3 already so changes were more painful.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
So yeah, Fallout: New Vegas kicks Fallout 3's ass, hands down. Having WAY more fun with this game. The only thing that I found felt like a chore was constantly going up and down and up and down in the rocket facility with the ghouls/nightkin.

Im just going to skip that quest until Im level 40 and I can Gauss the shit out of everyone in there :lol:

I just spoke to Yesman and I gained acces to a few quests (killing Mr House, Ally with the other factions, etc) wich was the best way to go around this? I remember that on my klast playthrough I just killed Mr House cause I wanted to see him in the chamber :), oh and Allied with the Brotherhood of Steel, the NCR, Boomers and Kahns

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
I just started playing Fallen Earth.

As much as I love MMOs, and anything post-apocalyptic, I'm really unsure how I haven't even heard of this game until now. The addiction is coming on strong...

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
So I finished Shadow Hearts From The New World (finally) and Castlevania Lords Of Shadow and diving into the next batch:

Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg

NiNoKuni.jpg

Both of those are far long overdue.

DynastyWarriors8.jpg

This because I don't mind mindless wipe-my-face-with-control-pad gameplay to relax every now and then. :lol:

EDIT: Hmmm, seriously thinking of playing this again, the last game made me kinda miss the old cast:

ShadowHearts.jpg

Mexi

Reaction score
just started playing Fallout New Vegas, pretty cool game. have never played a fallout game before, has a sort of post-apocalyptic skyrim thing going on.

')