What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
Yeah, I did practice with him a few times and had it down, but it's not quite the same practicing against him vs. actual enemies.
Every time you hit the parry button, hold it down. That way if you mess up the timing slightly you still block. The alternative is mash it as fast as possible, which works on a first playthrough, but it won't give you "perfect parries."

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Every time you hit the parry button, hold it down. That way if you mess up the timing slightly you still block. The alternative is mash it as fast as possible, which works on a first playthrough, but it won't give you "perfect parries."

Yeah, I'm doing the holding it down method, but mostly I'm just a tad late when I try to do it. I don't know if it's because of input lag or if I'm just too slow, but I'm sure I'll get it if I just keep practicing.

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
Oh well... I am a weak man and I fired up Shadow of the Erdtree. Every now and then I get a feeling that it has been artificially made harder than the basegame. All the enemies take so much more punishment than ever before and they also make a shitton more damage. And what about those combos? Those are ridiculous. Enemies combo-wombo you to oblivion if given a chance. Oh well...

I did beat a few field/dungeon bosses and just now laid Divine Beast Dancin Lion to rest for good. I even surprised myself and beat in on the first try.

wankerness

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm doing the holding it down method, but mostly I'm just a tad late when I try to do it. I don't know if it's because of input lag or if I'm just too slow, but I'm sure I'll get it if I just keep practicing.
If you are playing on a TV make sure it's on Game Mode (or whatever the equivalent is for your TV - decreases picture quality very slightly to remove any lag). A lot of TVs that aren't on that mode have slight display lag that make sekiro in particular extremely difficult.

')