What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Not sure if this goes here or the Elden Ring thread, but I've discovered one of my least favourite Fromsoft enemies: The pinwheel skeletons. Just brutal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
Not sure if this goes here or the Elden Ring thread, but I've discovered one of my least favourite Fromsoft enemies: The pinwheel skeletons. Just brutal.
In DS1 they’re ridiculous. They made them a lot easier in subsequent entries. I don’t even attempt to fight them unless I have a good shield (greatshield of artorias is my go-to). Even with that you’re usually dead if you pull more than one or two at the same time. That big room in the bottom of the catacombs is terrible, I always hang wayyy back and slowly attract one at a time. The ones in the painted world are sometimes even worse cause you’re in narrow hallways where they basically can’t miss. If they hit you head-on and without a very good shield and full stamina you’re pretty much dead.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score

I'm 99% sure I know exactly where you are in the game if you've encountered pinwheel skeletons, but know this: they don't get any better either. Worst part is that they've also spread to other games, Nioh having their own version called Wheelmonks, and they also happen to do fire damage in their wake/spit fire at you; real tedious SOBs that I'm tired of dealing with, and I've only encountered them maybe a handful of times.

wankerness

Reaction score
The ones in ds1 are still the worst though. Ds2 and 3 they won’t ever 1-shot you unless you have like zero armor and zero points in HP, and they do way less stamina damage if you try and block them.

Wheelmonks are worse in some ways (fire trail, explosion every time they get back up after a knockdown) but are generally much easier to dodge, safer to block, and once you have half decent gear you can usually stun them in like two hits and take them out before they get up.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I've gotten as far as beating the pinwheel boss guy in his little library pit (which was pretty trivial), where you get the mask from him. Then climb up the ladder, follow the glow-y lights to some kind of giants tomb or something, but I never made it out of the dark area. I get stomped by the giant skeletons before getting very far. I normally try to run from the wheel-skellies instead of fighting, but it feels like luck. Sometimes I run through unscathed, other times one gets you from the wrong angle and you're done for. Or they all hit you at once. Feels like a cheap enemy. But then everything from the catacombs area onward feels pretty brutal so far. I think there's a necromancer guy I've missed somewhere because some of the skeletons keep resurrecting still, even though I could have sworn I got them all. Does one of them resurrect? Is there a new one spawned after pinwheel dies?

')