What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Nioh and Nioh 2's DLC is pretty fantastic. They add a lot of new missions with new enemies and bosses, entire NG cycles and tiers of equipment, and most relevant to most players, entirely new weapon types (which you can get in the base game immediately as random drops if you have it installed, they're not anything you have to unlock or get to NG+ for). I know Tonfas are DLC associated, if you've gotten those then you have it. That's on top of a new area or two for each DLC, and the DLC missions are a lot more interesting than most of the base game ones. Nioh 1, though, has a GIGANTIC difficulty spike cause they tuned the DLC for people that had cleared the game on NG+ so if you go in fresh after beating the last boss on NG you will get completely curbstomped. Nioh 2 doesn't have that problem.

I guess you bought Nioh a long time ago, or got the PS+ version when it was free like 6 years ago? If you get the PS4/5 remastered version I think it's complete by default. The complete editions are very frequently on sale for 20 bucks or less, while the piecemeal DLC is 25 bucks for the season pass alone for Nioh 1, so if you like it enough to get the vastly superior 2 make sure you don't get the original release.

I bought both of them YEARS ago, minimum 2 but probably actually 3? I got Nioh 2 FIRST because it was on sale for $10, and then when I was going to play it, I thought, "well I feel like I need to play one, so I guess I'll grab that" and then never made it past Hino-Enma; and even getting to there, I guarantee I wasn't playing it as well as I am now between stances/posture/weight management etc.

Haven't gotten any tonfas in the base game, so gonna go with a no to the DLC

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
There's a whole separate Elden Ring thread! Unless you're trying to avoid spoilers. Everyone started complaining about the final boss a couple pages ago without spoiler tags so maybe you don't want to know if you don't already.

So it seems! Sorry, I'll get me coat and switch the thread...

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Well, going back to Halo after about 8 years was a hell of a wake up call. Jumped into the CE campaign on legendary just like old times. Got abso-tively, posi-lutely, ass raped up and down. I used to hardly break a sweat on Legendary and routinely broke top 50 ranked in Halo 2 and 3, now my feelings get hurt when Johnson tries to motivate me. I'm pathetic.

My new plan is to scrub off the rust and then play the remastered versions of the first two in Legendary. From what I have peeked at, the remaster of Halo CE is a nearly complete overhaul both in regard to the art and fidelity. Not sure I'm a fan of the art changes, but we'll see if that impression evolves with more consistency.

wankerness

Reaction score
I bought both of them YEARS ago, minimum 2 but probably actually 3? I got Nioh 2 FIRST because it was on sale for $10, and then when I was going to play it, I thought, "well I feel like I need to play one, so I guess I'll grab that" and then never made it past Hino-Enma; and even getting to there, I guarantee I wasn't playing it as well as I am now between stances/posture/weight management etc.

Haven't gotten any tonfas in the base game, so gonna go with a no to the DLC
You should put a price watch on the season passes. I just looked up Nioh 1 - apparently the Odachi was a DLC weapon! Both it and Tonfa are baseline in Nioh 2 cause they were so popular. I had no idea. Odachi is one that I've used on NG, it's like a very long, heavy katana that bops enemies on the head. Very good moveset, way lower risk to use than the stubby little katanas, a bit less skill-based though. Nioh 2's DLC only adds one weapon type (Splitstaff) which I haven't used a lot, but the levels are fun and it's a ton of content so I'd still recommend it.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I started Baldur's Gate 3 but the "balanced" difficulty setting really isn't cutting it. Killing the big scary skeleton boss of A2 in one round before it even got a turn pretty much ended that run for me. Those asshole exploding trees and the Duergar boat battle gave me much more of a challenge.

I'll probably restart on Tactician at some point, but for now I've pivoted to D2 Resurrected. D2 doesn't suck me in like it used to, but in all my years I keep coming back to it while other games go by the wayside. My strafezon found herself a few critical upgrades questing through Nightmare, currently sitting in Act 1 Hell about to go rescue Deckard Cain.

')