What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Werecow

Reaction score
Fuck cowboys, fuck horses, fuck the 1900s, fuck this shit.
:lol:

I got frustrated by that game too. I only managed to just scrape past what i guess is the tutorial section, then i just wanted to play anything else instead, and i haven't gone back to it. All the controls and "everyday animations" just seemed designed to annoy me, and all the stuff the game expected you to do constantly tied in with that. Even just looting an area after a gun fight seemed annoying.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I can get past those minor annoyances since I really don't play for long stretches at a time, but they are indeed utterly out of pace in many, many, man situations. I'm not especially good at the game so I can't blame the controls much, but I had problems with misplaced guns and knowing how much money I had, misplaced horses too. Not a huge deal, but annoying to figure out practically on your own.

If they made a RDR movie I'd be interested. The game is frustrating as hell, but the writing would probably make a great movie.

wankerness

Reaction score
There are mods for that game for PC that like, remove most of the animations and have stuff be instant, like fun videogames. I would totally play it if they released an equivalent to those Skyrim re-releases on console that included a bunch of PC mods. I have very little interest in playing it how it is now, 30 FPS and clunky animations galore. I've had the darn thing since I got my PS4 pro years ago, but have never booted it up. Everyone raves about the story, but it just sounds like it's anti-fun and all about "realism" at any cost when it comes to the actual gameplay. Like what I read about the hunting/skinning/selling of pelts sounds tedious as heck.

Werecow

Reaction score
I've gone back to the System Shock remake. Can't remember what interrupted me playing it before, but i remember having an oldschool game design shock period, then starting to really enjoy it, and that's exactly what's happening again now. It's so oldschool that i've got a pen and piece of paper to write down various codes or information i need. There's no quest markers, or even anything directly telling you what you should be doing, other than what you work out from emails and audio logs you find. So it really feels like you're actually somewhere real for yourself, rather than "the game" being a proxy between yourself and the world (if that makes sense).

The combat can be a bit unforgiving if you have the wrong weapons, but really enjoying it as a whole.

gabito

Advanced power chords user
Reaction score
Got save locked in RDR2. It loads me in a mile from the mission area with no horse so I can perpetually and inexplicably fail the mission every single time. I had just given up on manual saves and I'm definitely not replaying the last 2 hours of progress from the only autosave file, probably to just end up in the same situation all over again.

The discs are in the trash. I've never thrown a game out in my life until today. Also never had a single player game mutilate my save files to the point of them being absolutely useless. I can understand not reloading the random encounters, but why in the shitting fuck does the character need to wake up a mile away from the actual save point with nothing? There are save gates and save zones, why, if the game is just going to hand-of-god my ass to the next county anyways? Whoever thought quick swapping wheels were the premier method of item management needs to see management and get fired. What's wrong with a box menu, too much efficient use of space? The world and dialog are fantastic, just straight up phenomenal even by today's standards. However, I'm not playing for three hours at a time to make progress because the saves have nearly zero continuity- I'm not even playing one hour because the gun play sucks raw asshole and I get bounties for jaywalking in front of sheep. Don't even get me started on how much I dislike the main character and his gang of fellow rejects. I would probably really dig the game if I could just take my little bites from start to finish without having to deep throat the trail of fucking tears every time I turn it on or restart. Fuck cowboys, fuck horses, fuck the 1900s, fuck this shit.

I remember having a similarly furious reaction at some point and uninstalling the game, deleting save files, and everything I could find... only to play it again from the beginning a few years later and really enjoying it.

As I said before: it can be a good experience if it's up your alley, but if not... just spend those 50 or 80 hours doing something you enjoy. I still think it sucks as a game, though.

wankerness

Reaction score
I really like Cyberpunk 2077, though I think I need to crank the difficulty up cause currently I can pretty much just run around killing everything with a big club and occasionally healing, and i'm a stealth/hacking build!! I really like how movement and combat feel, and I like the leveling systems (an interesting combo of Skyrim's "skill-ups from doing things in that tree" and regular EXP-based stat leveling/perks). I think it's a bit too edgelord, but the character work is generally good enough that it doesn't bug me often. Maybe during things like the sex scene IN A TANK with blaring techno and herky-jerky cutting, or the opening mission where you carry a naked woman around and her breasts fill up the screen (don't play this one in front of your family!). I like Keanu Reeves and am surprised by how much he's in this.

I'm like 30 hours in. I do wish the game gave you some sort of indicator as to which quests are "main story" quests that are going to lock you into progression, but maybe I just haven't hit any of those yet. Or maybe it does give one and I just don't know where to look (doesn't seem to be in the quest log!).

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Beat the giant skeleton dude last night, took more tries than I cared for because he doesn't have a lot of moves but the few - and I mean FEW - he does have will do a lot of damage; foot stomp will usually do 1/4-1/3 of your health, the jump attack and tail swipe are 3/4-4/5 of your health, hand slams are somewhere in between those two, same for the projectiles that I usually never got hit by. For whatever reason, it's an absolute nightmare to lock onto his hands, like I don't know if it's even possible, which makes dodging the slam attacks VERY hard since they're off screen during the wind up. BUT! When I did dodge it, its easy enough to lay into them while he's resting, and I made it a point to take those out first because they're the more tedious of the two compared to feet, so if I made it thru those, it was an easy feat (pun intended) to take out the feet and ribcage with my rifle/bow.

Did a twilight mission after, it was the same place that Ocean Roars Again occurs, and holy fuck did I forget how much I hate that map, if you don't keep the camera at a 3.5D so you can see the fucking ground holes, you're in for a BAD time. And I KNEW where they were too, I ran thru the whole thing several times just cocky as all get out because of it, and nothing really killed me besides MYSELF! I think I had a couple dumb deaths to Yokai when they'd get an overhead slam, or body me while out of ki, etc. I died several times to the "boss" because I'd be moving and grooving, and suddenly bam, hole in the corner of the arena that I was trying to dodge an attack in. Dumbest fucking thing, and I hope I never have to do it again, besides when I go for the trophy for making it thru the game twice.

wankerness

Reaction score
Beat the giant skeleton dude last night, took more tries than I cared for because he doesn't have a lot of moves but the few - and I mean FEW - he does have will do a lot of damage; foot stomp will usually do 1/4-1/3 of your health, the jump attack and tail swipe are 3/4-4/5 of your health, hand slams are somewhere in between those two, same for the projectiles that I usually never got hit by. For whatever reason, it's an absolute nightmare to lock onto his hands, like I don't know if it's even possible, which makes dodging the slam attacks VERY hard since they're off screen during the wind up. BUT! When I did dodge it, its easy enough to lay into them while he's resting, and I made it a point to take those out first because they're the more tedious of the two compared to feet, so if I made it thru those, it was an easy feat (pun intended) to take out the feet and ribcage with my rifle/bow.

Did a twilight mission after, it was the same place that Ocean Roars Again occurs, and holy fuck did I forget how much I hate that map, if you don't keep the camera at a 3.5D so you can see the fucking ground holes, you're in for a BAD time. And I KNEW where they were too, I ran thru the whole thing several times just cocky as all get out because of it, and nothing really killed me besides MYSELF! I think I had a couple dumb deaths to Yokai when they'd get an overhead slam, or body me while out of ki, etc. I died several times to the "boss" because I'd be moving and grooving, and suddenly bam, hole in the corner of the arena that I was trying to dodge an attack in. Dumbest fucking thing, and I hope I never have to do it again, besides when I go for the trophy for making it thru the game twice.
Are you trying to platinum this? It's pretty easy to do, and I've heard that if you have the non-"complete" edition that the 2 playthroughs achievement is bugged to often give it to you at the end of the first playthrough! The bad trophies are the one for doing all the twilight missions (since it's random which is available and they're time-gated, plus the highest level ones are a series PITA before you have full level 150 legendary gear, plus you can't track which you've done in-game), and the one for being friends with the dungeater guy (you need to farm a LOT of dung balls). There are a couple more tied to single levels' collectibles that you probably missed, but fortunately since the game lets you repeat any mission any time you can just massively outlevel them and go back with a guide and do them.

I really like the way repeat playthroughs work - it unlocks regions based on # of missions completed, so you can pretty much do only the easy side missions in each zone and skip all the long story missions and still eventually unlock the last zone. I think you only have to do the final story mission to actually unlock the next difficulty tier. Plus you can switch between whatever unlocked difficulties you have on the fly back and forth whenever you want.

')