What Grinds Your Gears?

• Thread starter wes225
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Let me get this straight, you have to say the pledge of allegiance each morning at school? :nuts:

That's fucking crazy.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
religious arguments.
Locking Tremelo Setups/ Retunes(but there so awesoe!)
ibanez's lack of nice Trem'd RG7's
jacksons lack of 7string models.

Jacksons in general. :lol:

How tremolo guitars push my hand up too much.

Somehow getting sick and not knowing how.

When a badass concert skips your city.

When you go to travel to see that badass concert that skipped your city only to find out when you get there that the band you wanted to see didn't show up!!! :wallbash:

And how there is no way to get your money back for the ticket OR the gas money you spent driving there....and back. :noplease:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Let me get this straight, you have to say the pledge of allegiance each morning at school? :nuts:

That's fucking crazy.

Just about.

Yeah. It is crazy.

I loved how the Americans inadvertently made the Japanese paranoid about patriotism after World War 2, so Japanese I knew who first came to the US associated the pledge of allegiance, super pro-American bumper stickers, and the crazy proliference of American flags with militarism and dangerous nationalism. I laughed and said "You got it, boy. Right there. Hail yeah-uh." :lol:

Ibanezplayer552

Basically, I'm gay.
Reaction score
when ppl say ur favorite band sucks an compare them to better band. for example

korn sucks an metallica is better. NO SHIT there better!!! but i love them both =]

FortePenance

Reaction score
assumptions. It leads to very awkward moments in arguments.

"AREN'T YOU PRO-TIBET"
"WHEN THE FUCK DID I SAY THAT"
"oh well, i kinda assumed um that because yeah you're like um yeah..."

Ibanezplayer552

Basically, I'm gay.
Reaction score
In my junior high, you got sent to the principal's office if you didn't. :(

So I just lip synced it. No vocal action, but my mouth moved up and down randomly. The teacher never noticed.
in my skool u just have to stand up u dont have to sing it but if u dont stand ull get bitched at

kristallin

punk'd
Reaction score
in my skool u just have to stand up u dont have to sing it but if u dont stand ull get bitched at

My cousin's daughter doesn't stand. Reason being, she's a UK citizen and she tells them she'll swear allegiance to the Union Jack, if anything, and until they put one in her classroom she'll remain seated, thankyouverymuch.

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, when I was in middle school, I outright refused to do it. They sent me to the principal's office. What the fuck are they going to do? I don't believe god, so why would I pledge to one nation under him/her/it? Even if I did believe in god, I still wouldn't do it, I don't blindly pledge myself to anything.

They keep talking in school's about how they want you to be an individual and have your own thoughts. Forcing people to pledge to a piece of cloth in the corner of the room, that otherwise no one gives two shits about, impedes upon that.

I haven't done the pledge since 5th grade.

innerself86

Reaction score
You know what really grinds my gears? I hate when I buy a t-shirt and the collar is all stretched out, like the shirt is made of a dude with a fat ass neck. That really pisses me off. Id rather have a shirt with a normal collar and have my neck stretch it out than pre-stretched. I like those AAA shirts that don't shrink or stretch when you wash them, the collar stays the same. I just like shirts with normal collars and not stretched when they are brand new. :mad: That really grinds my gears! :scream:

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
from the first day of first grade (i had kindergarten in the afternoon, so no pledge for my class), i thought it was incredibly stupid to talk to a flag :lol: i didn't make a point of not saying it until middle school, though. nationalism ftl.

i hate people who use "anymore" in a positive context....like, "It seems I always wear these shoes anymore." (thanks to wikipedia for the example). that just sound stupid.

btw, Tom, i believe the other thread was the one noodles started, the minor annoyance thread.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
i hate people who use "anymore" in a positive context....like, "It seems I always wear these shoes anymore." (thanks to wikipedia for the example). that just sound stupid.

Never heard that, but it is retarded.

I hate how americans don't use words like 'of' in contexts they should, like "a couple guitars".

:mad:

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
Never heard that, but it is retarded.

apparently the positive "anymore" thing is a Pittsburgh-area thing.

oh, also from that region: "...needs [verb]ed" and "i seen..." :wallbash:

I hate how americans don't use words like 'of' in contexts they should, like "a couple guitars".

:mad:

but, conversely, you'll say shit like "in hospital" :scratch: :fawk:

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
apparently the positive "anymore" thing is a Pittsburgh-area thing.

oh, also from that region: "...needs [verb]ed" and "i seen..." :wallbash:

but, conversely, you'll say shit like "in hospital" :scratch: :fawk:

Oh no, it happens here too :squint:

And stitchy poo, once again i agree.
but you still grind my gears :yesway: :ugh: :lol:

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
I personally think you should have to say the pledge, or if not, at least give a well structured arguement to the contrary. Give me a good reason you dont want to, and its fine by me. Fucks0rz bush iz a tuuul =/= good arguement. Give me some solid politics and ill let you off

How about people that just can't seem to use the language properly. If its not your primary language then its excusable, but If you've been speaking english (or any language for that matter) your entire life, you ought to be able to speak it and write it clearly

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score

That's fucking crazy.

In schools around here they stopped doing it along time ago. I think the last time they had it in schools around here I was in the 6th grade.

')