What guitar have you owned that you sold that you wish you hadnt

• Thread starter bloodlust
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

astralsearcher

Reaction score
i had a stable of late 70's early 80's Ibanez Artists that I miss quite a bit, but without a doubt I will always regret having to sell my 95 JS6000.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Geez. I've parted with some cool old ltds over the years but the H302 is my biggest regret.
capoeirabeaches150.jpg

Played like butter and had some serious balls.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
Hopefully I'm not the only one regretting a sell.

I'll start with my beloved 7. Schecter Omen-7. Miss it because it was just so rock solid tone was good (pickups I hated in the basswood and never got to replace them like I wanted to :) ), and I remember jamming with my friends once and it went through the shed roof ( it was a decent size shed actually like could be a room in a house) and cam back down and stayed in tune or at least didn't go out noticeably. It was hard as hell to knock Chelsea out of tune.

Epiphone SG Special. It was my first guitar, but at the time the electronics shit the bed and I smashed it since pickups would cost more than a nice guitar ( Upgraded to my Omen-7).

Now this one isn't as bad as to I got my favorite guitar from this trade. On here traded with Matt my C-1 Classic for his V-1 ATX and put passive SD Dual SH-4's in ( it was free in exchange for my blackouts), but I do miss the sound of my classic I just didn't care too much for the balance and neck too much.

With this being said this V1 ATX is at my side until I die the wood quality is superior to any guitar I've played. My friends dad has been in the music business for years ( I think he has 85 guitars we counted one day :lol:), he owns numerous EXPENSIVE Gibsons, fenders, charvels, Schecters, EB, Bernie Rico, ect.. and said he wished all his guitars played and sounded as nice as my V-1.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Parker Fly Deluxe because it was awesome and they now cost twice as much as I paid for mine not that long ago - same thing with Jackson SL1.

But I don't regret either so much now that I'm playing 7-strings.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
No regrets, I always sold my guitars to buy a better one ;)
Now that I have an Ibanez Prestige 1527(7 strings) which is the top model right below signature models, selling is over.
I have another treasure, an ESP M2 deluxe transparent purple, it's with me since 2004 and never ever gave me even 1 problem.
For gigs I have 4 ESP LTD which are cheap guitars perfect for gigging, these I keep selling and buying new ones to keep them brand new.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
I used to have a really nice Ibanez j custom s series. I dont even know the model number. But it was white with gold hardware, and had this crazy inlay that was gold and went from the bindings all the up the fretboard. It was beautiful. I was a poor student at the time, and had to sell it to have food and gas :(

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
I had a piece of shit RG270 from the 90's that I sold when I left West Texas. Regretted it every day since. I've even gone to great lengths trying to hunt her back down with no success.

I traded a Schecter Hollywood off two years ago and I've also regretted that. That guitar felt great but I wanted an acoustic at the time. I hardly play that acoustic now and wish I could undo it. Oh well. :(

frogunrua

Lord of the Afros
Reaction score
Sometimes I miss my Taylor 814-ce, mostly because I got some sennheiser pxc450 headphones in our agreement and they only work in bypass mode, no noise cancelling as was stated they would do...

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
I had a piece of shit RG270 from the 90's that I sold when I left West Texas. Regretted it every day since. I've even gone to great lengths trying to hunt her back down with no success.

I traded a Schecter Hollywood off two years ago and I've also regretted that. That guitar felt great but I wanted an acoustic at the time. I hardly play that acoustic now and wish I could undo it. Oh well. :(
I feel you. I've gone to NUMEROUS lengths to try and find Chelsea my Omen-7. Still to this day I wonder where she is and pray she's being taken care of properly.

nostealbucket

aint no gahdam woman
Reaction score
Prs Custom 24.
That guitar was fucking amazing. One piece top, black cherry finish, standard neck... Got rid of it for an axe fx ii. Still regret it. The axe ii isn't too bad, though :)

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Squier P-bass, dunno what exact model. didn't use it all that much but it was still a good bass, sold it to a friend of mine who barely plays it, and a week after i sold it all of a sudden people said to me "hey dude, you own a bass right? i'm looking for a bass player"

still miss it, to this day

texshred777

Reaction score
Ibanez RG3120 TW.

Loved that guitar. One of the best I've ever owned. That guitar with my Rivera TBR-1SL was a fantastic combination.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
I miss my Washburn A20-V. It was my second guitar electric, after a crappy Lotus strat copy..Really miss that guy. Weird shape but comfy as hell. Black with red binding. I put a Bill Lawrence in the bridge. My buddy still has it but he lives in Denver.

Oh well, when I got my third electric, my UVPWH in 1990, everything changed ...

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
OP, I have too many to list....and thanks for stirring the emotions of regret that comes along with it!:noplease:

Don Vito

Reaction score
Original Schecter C1 Blackjack. Had a nice cream binding and a set of Passive Duncans. Came with a nice case as well. Sold it due to the neck.

Dean ML Shadow. Don't care what people think about Dean, this was a solid ax. Sold it due to crappy LFR giving me fits.

Ibanez RG2EX1. I had 2 of these. Seriously fun guitars for the money. Ripe for mods.

')