What Guitar Is This?

• Thread starter metaljohn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
It probably doesn't help that I couldn't find a picture, but I went to a local guitar shop today and found an Ibanez Prestige model. It had a transparent black quilted maple top. The stock pickups were replaced by EMG's and whatever EGDE trem it had was replaced by an OFR. I know it's a discontinued model, seeing as it's not on Ibby's website.

The fact that the stock stuff was all replaced makes it harder to find out what it was.

Anyone have an idea?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Definitive traits described:
Ibanez Prestige
Black Quilt Top

Uhhhh, we'll need more than that. :agreed:

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
adding in binding/no binding, neck type, serial number maybe? lotsa stuff you can add so we can help you out bud! :)

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
Damn my short memory.

Well, I'm pretty sure it had natural binding on the body. Also, the it had mother of pearl dot inlays on the bass side of the fretboard only.

lueastside

Reaction score
Heya.
That's probably an older RG3120 prestige. I used to own one. They don't make them anymore (they have similar models though).
Here's a pic:
hmmrm.
Well just go here for a pic haha: rg3120+pic3.jpg (image)

That's my best guess, however, I haven't seen one with a Black Quilt or Flame before.

')