What guitar just exudes a "**** you" vibe?

• Thread starter AKan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Bernie Rico Jr, Kiesel, Strictly 7, Vik.

ii8uvy2uu4ckrk4bvr.gif

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Doug-built Blackmachines.
PRS Dragon. And most private stocks for that matter.
A '59 Les Paul Gold-top.
Anything else in the 5 figure range.

All of these communicate an 'F you' message to me, but for a different reason than the rest of the guitars in this thread :lol:

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
This is slightly on/slightly off topic, but the pointy guitars in this thread made me think of a quote to whom I have no idea to attribute. Maybe some of you have heard it?

"Saying you hate flying-v guitars is like saying you hate fast cars, you hate big tits or you hate America!"

gujukal

Reaction score
kxk Karl Sanders guitar
12-KXK-WOOD-SPEAR.jpg

that headstock is the oversized novelty dildo of guitar headstocks. always hated this thing but it does look angry
Perfect guitar if you gonna play in some shady bar and need to defend yourself while playing ^^ Must be pretty horrible with neck dive though.

Ebony

Signal purist
Reaction score
Positive 'fuck you' vibe: black superstrats with single bridge pickups+ anything V-shaped made by Kxk.
Negative 'fuck you' vibe: entry-level Cort.

Last edited:

Type_R3387

Reaction score
Whenever I see a BC Rich, I get the impression that this is the message they *waaaant* to get across, but instead it comes across to me like a teenager trying to be edgy.

You’re not alone on that point. The only BC Rich guitars that Ive found truly menacing looks-wise are Pat O’Briens’ custom shop flying Vs.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
"pointy= metal"
I'm so sick of that shit. making a guitar pointy for the sake of making it pointy (a la the warbeast or most bc rich/moser/dean abominations) is dumb. form should always follow function, especially for something like a guitar.
You could not be more wrong. Different people - different body shapes and ways of holding/sitting down with the guitar. A guitar that does not fit you, may be the holy grail for another person. The BC Rich beast seemed an uncomfortable shape to sit down with, but when I did I was amazed with how nicely it fits me. On the other hand the BC Rich Draco and the Jackson RR are the most unbearable things I ever picked up. I acknowledge that they have fans though (not many for the Draco though).
If someone want pointy or traditional shape, he should get one that fits his style and band's look (I own from both styles). The last thing we need is to go back to the 1950-60s when everyone played Les Pauls and Strats. Should we wear suits and comb our hair neatly as well, when playing satanic metal? :lol:

crackout

The Yellow One
Reaction score
Karl Sanders wins.

Last edited:

Latest posts

')