What guitar pick do you use?

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I've been pretty consistent with the Gravity Sunrise Big Minis.

Either 3mm acrylic or 2.5mm gold series.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stiman

Reaction score
I feel like Dunlop is leaving a lot of money on the table by not releasing limited edition colours of picks. Especially the signature picks. I love the Petrucci Flow and Tritone picks. If they released different colours this idiot (me) will buy those all day.

Edit: maybe not a lot of money, but still.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I've been on a steady diet of these for guitar. Going back to 351 shapes throw me off (which I'm not happy about) but the Flow is my new normal. I should just practice with regular picks too.
View attachment 134541

I love these for bass, they just sound the clearest to me. They aren't the most durable though, it's the first type guitar pick I've broken numerous times in over 25 years. Sometimes I'll go with something thicker like a yellow Dunlop XH Gel because I gigged with those for years. The red Gels are great on bass too.
View attachment 134542

those tortoiseshell celluloid picks = *CHUG CHUG CHUG, SNAP!!!*

Reaction score
The funny thing? I complained earlier in this thread about the Dunlop Jazz III picks. They were way too small and hated them. I found them again as I apparently hadn't thrown them away and tried them again and they suddenly feel okay. Pinch harmonics are MUCH easier with those picks and I'm getting more and more used to them. Funny how things go.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I gotta say I did experiment with a couple of different picks the passed month (Flow 1.14, D'addario Precision, D'addario Black Ice), and just keep going back to the blue Tortex Flows. Guess it's my pick for good.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Why? If you love the Flow, why "should" you practice with regular picks?
It's not like I have to but it's a personal desire/goal. It stems from being able to use any kind of pick imaginable to play fast and intricately on bass.

Reaction score
...I just bought more. They done got me
20231221_195833.jpg

jco5055

Reaction score
i think I've posted my love of Blue Chips and Red bears, but if I ever lose my picks I'll probably just use Jazz IIIs or equivalent

')