What guitar picks do you use ?

• Thread starter AC.Lin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bdtunn

Reaction score
Dunlop ultex Jazz 3, the heavier one with the raised logos. I found that this pick just sticks in my fingers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bdtunn

Reaction score
Dunlop ultex Jazz 3, the heavier one with the raised logos. I found that this pick just sticks in my fingers.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Regular JP Jazz III's are also really smooth for lead stuff, because it has polished and tapered tip.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Do you use it mainly as a riff-guy or a lead/solo-guy ?
If you solo, how smooth is it for sweep and really fast picking ?
Both.
Some will find them a bit too small for riffing but I don't have an heavy right hand, so they work for me.
For soloing they are great, if you hold them at 45° you slide through strings like butter: perfect for sweeps and fast runs.

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score
I recently bought some sleek horn picks made by clayton and it is an amazing experience to use those picks

AC.Lin

Poopy-di scoop & Scoop-diddy-whoop
Reaction score
anyone like the new ernie ball prodigy picks? they seem legit
Mah GAWD, the mini black looks so cool !!!
Thank you, i'm adding it to my list of "picks to order ASAP"

watson503

Los Cochinos
Reaction score
My all-around favorites would be the 3mm Big Stubby - I love V-Pick Screamers and Gravity Stealths, got some Stealth picks from 3-5mms - no slippage and the thickness makes for a relaxed grip. I'll pretty much play with whatever, though.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
3.0mm ? And i thought my 2.0mm Ultex was thick !
Isn't it too thich though ? Causing pain to the end or hard to sweep with ?
Because it looks really interesting !

It doesn't feel too thick at all on account of the thumb relief. Maybe you can't tell so well in the picture but both sides of this pick have a concave circle in the middle of the pick.

I've got no problem sweeping with these. Actually, I have a much more difficult time doing leadwork with a flat pick or a jazz sized pick, and especially a flat jazz sized pick.

hodorcore

Reaction score
Mah GAWD, the mini black looks so cool !!!
Thank you, i'm adding it to my list of "picks to order ASAP"

welcome bro, let me know what you think about them. I'm wondering if there exists a pick out there that's even better than the big stubby 3mm :DD

Metropolis

Reaction score
Very thick picks feel like playing with a brick or something. How do you thick pick guys feel about... let's say picks 1.5mm and lighter?

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
I have a variety of Tortex picks on my desk right now but the one that gets used the most are the yellow ones. My favorite kind of the Tortex III because it has the shape and feel of a regular pick but with a tip of a Jazz III.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Very thick picks feel like playing with a brick or something. How do you thick pick guys feel about... let's say picks 1.5mm and lighter?

My two primary picks are Big Stubby 3mm and Dunlop Nylon .6mm :lol:

Big stubby is best all around, but if it's ONLY strumming work, and especially on acoustic guitar, I prefer the floppy nylon

AC.Lin

Poopy-di scoop & Scoop-diddy-whoop
Reaction score
I recently switched to using fossilized megalodon teeth and it's done wonders for my tone
+1.
A bit too sharp though. But a perfect defense weapon in case of assault.

Last edited:

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
I use Dunlop Tortex III in 1.35 mm. Just the right size for me and doesn't bend to easily, also means I have to acquire a different technique when doing certain things a pick that moves easily excels in.

')