What guitarist has your favorite vibrato?

• Thread starter sojourner
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

onefingersweep

Reaction score
Yngwie Malmsteen
Brett Garsed
Shawn Lane
Paul Gilbert
John Petrucci
Allan Holdsworth
George Bellas
Jeff Loomis
Marco Sfogli
Guthrie Govan
Steve Vai (not always tho)

And probably a few others.

Reaction score
Going to have to go with Marty Friedman his bends and vibrato especially on that Tokyo Jukebox CD are spot on.

Rizzo

Reaction score
Yngwie Malmsteen over anyone. I'm not a fan of the man himself, but to me he's the pinnacle of vibrato and bending done just "the right way". I could name a million other players but they would be just derivatives to my ears.
To me, vibrato is spelt Yngwie. :)

Addison90

Reaction score
There are many types of vibrato: circular vibrato, whole arm vibrato (Eric Clapton, Yngwie), slide vibrato (Greg Howe, George Lynch), BB king's vibrato (not sure what it is called)

porknchili

G.A.S.ITIS
Reaction score
Karl Sanders - He actually has really f'ing great vibrato
Yngwie Malmsteen
BB King
Steve Vai
Richie Allan
Greg Howe
Frank Gambale
Paul Gilbert

ibanice

Reaction score
Joe Satriani and George Lynch are probably my favorits. They can both create awesome smooth sounding vibrato, but they can make their vibrato scream like f'in hell at the same time!

EDIT: This is why I love satches vibrato..

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
I gotta echo a lot of the comments in here and say Shawn Lane, there's a fantastically vocal quality to it, which he actually talks about here:

The human voice doesn't only go sharp on the note, this was a pretty big realisation in the world of vibrato for me.

Then another one that's worth rementioning is Brett Garsed:

These are both with slide, and oh my oh my is it incredible...

Speaking of slide, Derek Trucks totally deserves another mention:

The solo is short and sweet and to the point but holy hell that vib :eek:

Bumblefoot doesn't seem to have been mentioned, unless I missed it, but his vib is also crazy, really unique as well:

This one's real funny cause he manages to insult shredders and blues players all at the same time while proving he kicks ass at doing both :cool:

mcleanab

Theta Sagan Swords
Reaction score
I gotta go with Jake E. Lee during the Bark at the Moon tour... every single song you can find on youtube (I think it's the Salt Lake City show).

Randy Rhoads and George Lynch.

All of them, but especially Jake, would do these huge over bends into a really wide vibrato that just sound awesome to me.

Latest posts

')