What guitars are a mix between a Les Paul and a Superstrat?

• Thread starter Deadpool_25
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
Maybe spec a Warmoth Strat with some LP-esque specs and a 24.75'' conversion neck?

Otherwise yeah, the closest thing is a PRS 594. And even then it's pushing the definition of a Superstrat.
That's a great idea. And how dare you change your profile pic! How dare you!

Deadpool_25

Reaction score
korn dogg is retired

now it's WITH EEERMS WAHD ERRHPEEERN
I don't even know who you are anymore.

13B06E41-35E5-4F40-8A69-18332839ACEF.gif

Deadpool_25

Reaction score
Shit. I just realized I have a Warmoth guitar that fits the bill pretty well. Has Alpha/Omegas in it which are a bit aggressive but it kinda does the thing I guess.

67162C3D-268F-460C-8142-253903239565.jpeg

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
What guitars kinda cop the general aesthetic and tonal vibe? Kinda that thick LP sound and a Trem but not a traditional LP shape. Maybe EVH Wolfgang? EBMM Sabre?
ok, this is going to sound weird.

My old B.C. Rich USA Warlock NT has a fat neck that reminds me of an SG. It is 24.75" scale too. Those two aspects make me think "Gibson".

Of course, it's a maple neck into an alder body and fitted (from factory) with an Edge trem. Those along with the body shape are definitely more "superStrat" characteristics.

I have always wanted to get my hands on an old B.C. Rich Eagle for a classic, but not a Gibson style vibe.

gnoll

Reaction score
The question makes me think of Charvel 750XL and Esp Original Series Horizons. I think anything that's mahogany and a bit chunkier in terms of body/neck is gonna move in that LP direction, ideally with a maple cap. And then it's a question of how much does it need to look like a superstrat etc. I know I've seen random 80s Japanese guitars that I thought wow that's pretty thick, I bet it sounds that way too. But these days I think it's more in vogue to make small, light, lame guitars.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I agree about the scale length. Also, I would avoid any alder based guitars (not wanting to start a debate).

The first guitar that came to my mind is the Kramer Nightswan (if you can find a good one). Second guitar that came to my mind is the LTD (EII) EX. You'll have to pull out the EMGs though.
Why would that start a debate? I love alder, but if I wanted something that sounded like a LP, that's absolutely not where I'd start. :lol:

soliloquy

Reaction score
Kind of surprised that PRS is not the obvious choice here.

It's thick carved top, similar to LP.
It's scale is 25 inches, thus sits between fender and Gibson
Sure, there are double cut LP's out there, but the body shape of prs is similar to a Strat too.

A superstar (Jackson, Schechter, charvel, Ibanez, BC Rich, dean, etc) will all be closer to a fender strat, due to scale and shape.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Wow we collectively didn't mention the Mark Morton sig. Epic fail.

Nothing about the Dominion screams "SUPERSTRAT" to me, it's just a Les Paul with a different body.

24.75" scale? Check.
Humbuckers? Check.
4-knob control layout? Check.
Big block inlays? Check.
Mahogany body? Check.
TOM bridge? Check.

So, what's the part that ISN'T a Les Paul, just the shape then.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
I have a Iceman that kinda has Les Paul sound vibes to it. but I also agree the Charvel 750xl is a great one If you can find one, hah!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing about the Dominion screams "SUPERSTRAT" to me, it's just a Les Paul with a different body.

24.75" scale? Check.
Humbuckers? Check.
4-knob control layout? Check.
Big block inlays? Check.
Mahogany body? Check.
TOM bridge? Check.

So, what's the part that ISN'T a Les Paul, just the shape then.
The shape is uh pretty important in defining superstrats, les pauls and others :lol:

')