What happened to Metal Archives?

• Thread starter chopeth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

justin_time

has terrible gear
Reaction score
Metal Archives has an app that makes browsing on a mobile device "slightly" easier, it is still a bit of a pain. I have used M-A for something like 15 years and it is still my go-to site when trying to find information about a band. I never used the forums however.

My main complaint about M-A is the exclusion of certain bands because they are not metal enough, Between the buried and me is one of them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jco5055

Reaction score
I was pumped when they made that Empath or some software where you can see album rankings since there's no other way to do that, and I believe Abigail is the top rated album on there...which I got no complaints.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Also look up the 0% review of Master of Puppets to make your day.

That sounds like the UltraBoris review, "The Album That Killed Heavy Metal" :lol: . I use to like reading his reviews in particular, even if there were a lot of reviews I didn't agree with, they at least were entertaining at times. But yeah, he reeeaaallllyyyy hated MoP. And Justice. And Opeth.

My main complaint about M-A is the exclusion of certain bands because they are not metal enough, Between the buried and me is one of them.

What pisses me off about that, and BTBAM in particular, is that BTBAM WERE on M-A. I vividly remember them being on there up until around Colors came out. And I think I remember they did that to Dillinger Escape Plan as well.

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
Second the mobile device sentiment. I feel like esp in the past ~2 years, I've seen the rise of FB groups for metal/gear related stuff, but Facebook's ridiculous non-linear timeline makes it less engaging for me.

wankerness

Reaction score
Yeah. IMO Facebook is completely unusable for discussions. Reddit's not much better with the upvoting taking over the linearity and making posts disappear, etc.

')