What happened with Peavey now? the 6505 and 6505+ are made in China?

• Thread starter guitarblade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glpg80

√εvil
Reaction score
You'd rather believe a news article? Hartley himself posted the response as of April of this year - that's pretty definitive.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well since the 6505 is now Chinese-made, they sure do seem to be flirting with downsizing their USA production facilities even more...

I am torn on this. I normally don't care where amps are made, but the loss of jobs is disappointing. :(

And the anti-Chinese xenophobia is a bit cringy. :ugh:

vick1000

Reaction score
...and then, if they were stupid enough to do that, they'd suddenly have millions on millions of now unemployed factory workers who need jobs and have no money to spend in their domestic economy. Not to mention it's likely going to do bad stuff to their currency.

It's not a one way street, nor are we beholden to China the way people think we are...

You're not too keen on how communism works, are you. They simply force their population to refit the plant to make guidance systems for nukes, or whatever they want. As long as you have resources, and no enemy threat to those resources, you can do anything you want under communism. At the expense of individual liberty of course.

As I said, once the US is no longer a threat, the Chinese government won't care about capitalism. They simply beat us at our own game due to the fact they don't adhere to any international laws or reulations, and they don't care about their own people's liberty or safety.

Now if you are confusing capitalism, with a free market, then you have to understand there is no free market, and capitalism is simply an economic philosphy based on monitary growth and a financial sector.

imijj

Reaction score
I just don't understand the "support USA products" thing.
I've always been interested in quality and price, if a Chinese, Mexican, Korean, etc product is cheap and with good quality, I'll buy anytime over an USA product.

I agree! Slave labor is cool as long as it knocks a few bills off the price of my luxury guitar equipment.

imijj

Reaction score
You're not too keen on how communism works, are you. They simply force their population to refit the plant to make guidance systems for nukes, or whatever they want. As long as you have resources, and no enemy threat to those resources, you can do anything you want under communism. At the expense of individual liberty of course.

As I said, once the US is no longer a threat, the Chinese government won't care about capitalism. They simply beat us at our own game due to the fact they don't adhere to any international laws or reulations, and they don't care about their own people's liberty or safety.

Now if you are confusing capitalism, with a free market, then you have to understand there is no free market, and capitalism is simply an economic philosphy based on monitary growth and a financial sector.

You watch too much Alex Jones.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
You're not too keen on how communism works, are you. They simply force their population to refit the plant to make guidance systems for nukes, or whatever they want. As long as you have resources, and no enemy threat to those resources, you can do anything you want under communism.

seems-legit.jpg

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
Gotta say, this thread is bringing out the true colors of some users. :ugh:

Right? I didn't know some of the users were such seasoned economic experts, the others on the other hand, well I will just leave a smiley since I'm too busy doing nothing important :shred:

Yokai08

Reaction score
i suppose it was doomed to happen eventually. Luckily i bought my British made JCM2000 DSL100 before they made the vietnamese DSL

vick1000

Reaction score
The guidance system reference was a parody of sorts, about what happened under the Clinton administration with US military technology getting into the hands of the Chinese government. By all means, continue in your blissful ignorance if you so choose. Buy your new 6505, manufactured by the finest adolecent hands, the oriental slave masters can provide.

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
The guidance system reference was a parody of sorts, about what happened under the Clinton administration with US military technology getting into the hands of the Chinese government. By all means, continue in your blissful ignorance if you so choose. Buy your new 6505, manufactured by the finest adolecent hands, the oriental slave masters can provide.

Last I read, the Chinese were having trouble with striking laborers flexing their blue collar muscle in the face of the State. So much so that the once "cost effective" Chinese manufacrturing market has now shifted to places like Indonesia.

As for what masquerades as Capitalism today is, in reality, simply Fascism/Mercantilism.

The one thing I did notice about Chinese amps were how noticeably poorer their tubes seem to sound.

Albionic

First of the magi
Reaction score

Or you can buy made in the UK where big companies pay below the cost of living forcing the government to subsidise their workforce with tax credits

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score

Dusting off some exaggerated event from 1998 isn't parody, it's conjecture. Do you really believe that the Peavey factory is what is pushing this overboard? As an anarchist you're hardly going to frighten me about the realities of communist or capitalist governments, but I'm pretty positive the nuclear power plant 20 miles from my house is more of a threat to me than the nuclear missiles that'll never come the Chinese Peavey factory.

But seriously, my "blissful ignorance" coming from someone who uses the term "oriental" is sheer irony. Who dusted off Marty Futterman over here? "You got-you gotta watch out for them forgeiners cuz they plant gremlins in their machinery."
Can we at least try canning the racist terminology while espousing right wing conspiracy?

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Dusting off some exaggerated event from 1998 isn't parody, it's conjecture. Do you really believe that the Peavey factory is what is pushing this overboard? As an anarchist you're hardly going to frighten me about the realities of communist or capitalist governments, but I'm pretty positive the nuclear power plant 20 miles from my house is more of a threat to me than the nuclear missiles that'll never come the Chinese Peavey factory.

But seriously, my "blissful ignorance" coming from someone who uses the term "oriental" is sheer irony. Who dusted off Marty Futterman over here? "You got-you gotta watch out for them forgeiners cuz they plant gremlins in their machinery."
Can we at least try canning the racist terminology while espousing right wing conspiracy?

Seriously.

vick1000

Reaction score
Using the term Oriental is not racists, it denotes location. You people are clearly in need of a major history lesson.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Using the term Oriental is not racists, it denotes location. You people are clearly in need of a major history lesson.

Its considered extremely offensive to lump all Asian people and nations together under one umbrella and strip away their unique identities, culture, race, etc. Its a grossly outdated 19th century term.

If you're talking about China, say China. Japan, Mongolia, and the 50 other nations in the region have nothing to do with the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')