What inlay would you get on a 7 string if it was free?

• Thread starter JPMDan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
I would also like to add that i've always loved the oval inlays on the older S 540s from the early to mid 90s, those are my favorite inlays. :agreed:
They are awesome
100_1001.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sack Face

:rofl:

Just kidding, probably just my initials, RDW.

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
some sort of elaborate gothy upside down crosses. still figuring this out (incase i do get a custom jackson 7) = shit this year at NAMM

giannifive

Occasional Poster
Contributor
Reaction score
In order of preference:

no inlays
double offset dots on 12th fret only
Ibanez mirror sharkfins

I always thought it would be funny to have tons of inlays that looked liked frets, so at a distance it looked like you had 100s of frets. Might be hard to play, though.

THE VILE

Deafening Silence
Reaction score
This is a trick question, everybody knows blank fretboards are where it's at.
:taunt:

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
If all inlay options were free, regardless of how elaborate they were... I'd still choose a blank board!

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Thats one thing I REALLY wanna make sure 100% I get right when I make my custom.. and its the biggest thing I gotta think about before I get my neckthru blank made..

I was going to do the design on my display pic to the left <<< Blue stained MOP with Orange stained MOP in the middle on maple fretboard.. But now i might redesign it.. My friend is a great artist so shes gonna help me come up with something

Hey Nick I sent you a PM the other day did you get it?

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
basically I would get this:

DSCN0133.jpg

I've been playing Vampire Bloodlines: Masquerade and ever since I saw this Ankh I've always wanted to get it inlayed in the middle of the FB on a custom guitar.

Show yours and explain it.

Would that include the cup stain? :lol:

~A

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
I would do a tribute guitar to Jason Becker ( 7 string ). Which by the way have you guys heard that Peavey is going to make the "numbered Jason Becker model"? Apparently Jackson was dragging there feet for some reason.
~A

becker.jpg

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
If it were free I'd exploit the hell out of that fact, never touch the guitar just have it as a display piece.

I'd have the Ralph Steadman cover to Hunter S. Thompson's "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" done...Fret 1-2 would be Raoul Duke and his Lawyer in the car, then the rest of the fretboard would be the road and the Las Vegas Skyline...all in perspective ofcourse.

[EDIT] With bats on the 3, 5, 7, 9, two bats on the 12 and so on....

')