What inlay would you get on a 7 string if it was free?

• Thread starter JPMDan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
D

Desecrated

I want Roman numerals ("numerical symbols such as II, III, IV, X, L etc.)

or Maybe my goat, but that would probably be to much and way to deathmetal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
I don't know what exactly, but if I could, I would get a gorgeous Ibanez 7 with the biggest, most vile, horrible-looking inlay I can find so the jemsiters can all simultaneously shit themselves while browsing the thread I start there :lol:

On a serious note, I'd either go with vine-inlays, or just a blank board. Both are equally sexy :yesway:

Invader

97.5 The Brodeo
Reaction score
I like iron crosses.
Actually I'm getting iron cross inlays across frets 1-22 on my Ran.
inlay_shape.JPG

I also like the biohazard sign. This one would look best on a nuclear yellow colored guitar I think.
si146y94p0021.gif

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Well since I was already posed with this question for my Thorn (not a seven but oh well), I chose to go with his signature Firesun Inlays (and no, that's not my guitar... mine is still in progress):

Firesuns.jpg

I opted for my own personal touch on the neck heel though, which will have my signature inlaid in paua abalone like the following:

Matt_Signature.jpg

I had a TRC custom made by Bill Nichols (another awesome inlay artist, only second to Ron IMHO!) so this shows what my neck heel will look like upon completion:

MG_Truss_Rod_Cover_4_Small.jpg

If I were to go for a REALLY custom inlay Ron did a Solar System on a fretboard that was probably one of the most amazing jobs I've ever seen:

Thorn_Planets.jpg

Did I mention that I REALLY like inlay work? :lol:

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well since I was already posed with this question for my Thorn (not a seven but oh well), I chose to go with his signature Firesun Inlays:

Firesuns.jpg

I opted for my own personal touch on the neck heel though, which will have my signature inlaid in paua abalone like the following:

Matt_Signature.jpg

I had a TRC custom made by Bill Nichols (another awesome inlay artist, only second to Ron IMHO!) so this shows what my neck heel will look like upon completion:

MG_Truss_Rod_Cover_4_Small.jpg

If I were to go for a REALLY custom inlay Ron did a Solar System on a fretboard that was probably one of the most amazing jobs I've ever seen:

Thorn_Planets.jpg

Did I mention that I REALLY like inaly work? :lol:

OMIGOD, those solar system designs are incredible!:bowdown:

God Hand Apostle

Tin Foil Central
Reaction score
Blank.

But for free..."SUFFER-NO-GUILT-WHO-WEILD-THIS-IN-THE-NAME-OF-CROM" Just like on Conan's father's sword. Same font.

Attachments

• aka41.jpg
    aka41.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 51

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Ron = THE best inlay artist ever. Well I should clarify, Ron AND his father are the best inlay artists ever. They both do the inlay, and considering how big they both are I am stunned every time at how tiny the inlay pieces can be and they are able to execute them flawlessly! That solar system is one of my faves though.... the attention to detail is so kickass! Each piece is either a piece of stone or different stabilized woods! Wow! :bowdown:

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
Dr.Zoidberg across 11-13.

15135718804418d747ae313.jpg

My favorite antihero.

Makelele

Reaction score
I have NO idea... But it looks awesome! :lol: Nevermore always has these weird scary images that I like.

btw... I dont even know what a microbe is. :lol:

En mikrob är en liten organism, t.ex. en bakterie.

Makelele

Reaction score
^

I don't understand but i guess that's it! (i got "bakterie" :))

Didn't you also get organism? ;)

I basically said microbes are really small organisms. I guess they're also called microorganisms.

Makelele

Reaction score
I got totally pwned. :ugh: Thank you makelele. Are you from a swedishspeaking region of finland?

Yeah. About 50% of the people in my town speak Swedish. I'm bilingual, so I speak both Swedish and Finnish equally well (almost at least, I'd say my Swedish is a bit better).

Reaction score
Yeah. About 50% of the people in my town speak Swedish. I'm bilingual, so I speak both Swedish and Finnish equally well (almost at least, I'd say my Swedish is a bit better).

Ok, that is cool. :yesway: My grandma was from finland, but I dont know any finnish at all. Its weird how you guys in finland learn swedish very well, while we in sweden dont really care to much about learning languages other than swedish and english.

')