What inlay would you get on a 7 string if it was free?

• Thread starter JPMDan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
D

Desecrated

Wtf are you talking about?

Therevera and Mayahana buddhists reject dharmas. Those refer to a set class system, one of the things Siddartha Guatama was against.

Are you sure you don't mean the eightfold path? Or staying with the four truths?

Buddhist belives in the 3 jewels which are; buddha,sangha,dhamma.
Where dhamma or dharma represent the teaching of buddhismen, the eightfold path and the 4 thruths are part of the dharma.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz762

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
Wtf are you talking about?

Therevera and Mayahana buddhists reject dharmas. Those refer to a set class system, one of the things Siddartha Guatama was against.

Are you sure you don't mean the eightfold path? Or staying with the four truths?

It's from the Tibetan "sect" of Buddhism which does follow the dharma path, and because of it's remoteness in the Himalayans, developed pretty much separately from Theravada and Mahayana. It's the same reason I would include swastikas as part of my design (Tibetans actually used it as part of decoration on their clothing, too).

garden of grey

Reaction score
Oh ok thats cool. I was assuming you knew a lot more or a lot less about Buddhism than me.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Full neck crop circles, like this or Ibanez dragon teeth.

Thorn_Planets.jpg

That's some amazing work right there :eek:

or something like one of the symbols for one of the demons from the necronomicon (IE, James' Pazuzu guitar from Ibanez)

You mean this one. Looks cool but takes some getting used too.

At first I didn't think it would be a great idea because of the instant association with the Nazi party, but after some thought, it could work...

Instead of having dots on the fretboard, I'd have small swastikas (about the size of a typical large dot)

That's the down side of it. Sadly most people don't realise the swastika is actually a symbol of piece and the Nazi's reversed it.

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
That solar system thing blew me away. That's all I gotta' say.:bowdown:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ever been to the freebirds burrito in austin? Good stuff

That texagram is pretty cool lol

Have I ever been to Freebird's? Do any of us think Drew won't finish his album?

Thanks, I like the texagram a lot.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
That solar system thing blew me away. That's all I gotta' say.:bowdown:

+100, I'm glad I have Ron Thorn as a friend!!! That's not my guitar, just one of my favorite fretboards that he did on a Thorn! BADASS! I'm planning on having like at LEAST 2 more custom guitars built by him when he re-opens orders and I am heavily leaning towards the solar system inlay on one of the fretboards! Just looks SO killer!!! :hbang:

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
my custom inlay : at the higher frets, a crescent moon facing the left, gradually changing to a full moon at the 12 fret, and then to a crescent moon facing the right on the lower frets.

Lunar Phase inalys FTW.

Or you could just do what Christopher Woods has done on some of his necks. See the "inlay, graphfx inlay" section of his website. And no, I'm talking about either of the top two. :lol:

*ARRGHHH, just realised I bumped a really old thread, AGAIN. Sorry, mods.

Last edited:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
AztecSnake.png

Probably an Aztec serpent like this, either along the whole fretboard or around the 12th. But seeings as I'm not a big fan of inlays, I'd probably getting something simple on the 12th like a cog or my nickname 'Rosstafarian' in gothic letters from the 7th to 1st.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
i'd get a mother-of-pearl likeness of my own face from frets 10 to 14

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
If it hasn't been posted a heartbeat monitor (ya know, the thing that monitors your heart rate in hospitals, goes "beep....Beep...".) Have it a strong beat at the 3rd fret, and ok beat at the 7th, getting weaker at the 12th, very tiny at the 17th, flat line through the 24th.

Someone on here got that inlay on a custom 8 they had. I'd always wondered how that would work out, no that I've seen it if I ever get a custom that's the inlay I'll get!

That or I'll just shy away from inlays. Ever since I started playing classical, I really don't use them, any inlays I got would be purely for looks.

Latest posts

')