What is better choice JP70 V/S Schecter c7 hellraiser fr

• Thread starter BulletKiller
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BulletKiller

Reaction score
Sterling JP 70 with [FONT=MS Sans Serif, Microsoft Sans Serif]dimarzio crunch lab and dimarzio liquifire [ 7 string set ] or Schecter c7 hellraiser fr .Which one is better choice :nuts:

[/FONT]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shredmon

Reaction score
Its so not true that the Schecters have baseball bat-like necks..... yeah...they are not the thinnest, but in no way a so called baseball bat.....
Greets
Simon

acauseforpatric

Reaction score
They are a baseball bat by all means.

I stand by my claim of their necks being baseball bats. There isn't anything inherently wrong with that of course, if you prefer a large and round neck then they are right up your alley. But more often than not, most people find them sluggish to play on. Also the sanded finish on the back of the Jp70 neck (which is a thin U shape) is effortless to play on.

Chrisjd

Banned
Reaction score
I would choose the Schecter SLS 7 over the JP70. Thin neck, and very light. I would know, i just bought one.

edsped

Reaction score
They are very, very different guitars.

Actives vs. Passives
Floyd vs. non-locking trem
Thick, finished neck vs. thin, oiled neck

They're probably about the same as far as quality goes so it really comes down to personal preferences.

DarthV

Reaction score
The JP70 has an amazingly thin neck. Noticeably thinner than my rg7620's. Stock pickups weren't bad either.

Zado

Reaction score
The sterling,your hands must be deformed to play a schecter:noway:

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Its so not true that the Schecters have baseball bat-like necks..... yeah...they are not the thinnest, but in no way a so called baseball bat.....
Greets
Simon

They certainly are baseball bats, I've wrapped my hands around thinner t
telegraph poles. Not bad if you just want to chug a riff like this

A--1-1-1-
E--0-0-0-
B--0-0-0-

over and over again. But certainly not what I'd reach for if I was playing shred, fusion, tech death, or anything above the 2nd fret really.

Chrisjd

Banned
Reaction score
They certainly are baseball bats, I've wrapped my hands around thinner t
telegraph poles. Not bad if you just want to chug a riff like this

A--1-1-1-
E--0-0-0-
B--0-0-0-

over and over again. But certainly not what I'd reach for if I was playing shred, fusion, tech death, or anything above the 2nd fret really.

My Schecter SLS 7's neck and body are just as thin as my Ibanez Iron Label 7.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
Schecters dont have baseball necks. It's just people have really small hands. I have very large hands so I prefer bigger necks. As for your choice, I've never played a jp70. From what I hear they're great. I love the green burst. I would get a hellraiser. But by your type it's obvious you think the jp is better. It also depends on what you play. The hellraiser is for your heavier music.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
They certainly are baseball bats, I've wrapped my hands around thinner telegraph poles. Not bad if you just want to chug a riff like this

A--1-1-1-
E--0-0-0-
B--0-0-0-

I beg to differ

Now I'm going to be a complete hypocrite and say I much prefer thinner necks with satin finishes and that I'm more than likely never going to buy a gloss neck guitar again but it all depends what you get use to.

After owning a a Hellraiser C-7 for 4+ years now I wouldn't recommend it on the fact that the EMGs don't really pair up with it. They are muddy and thin sounding. You will get a much better tone from the Petrucci set since they are voiced for basswood and work for everything from crystal clear cleans to saturated high gain.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Baseball neck is such an absurd statement that I have to completely discredit it.

Go and find a PRS 513, THAT is a baseball-like neck. Some Gibson Les Pauls also have necks that big, and yes those are uncomfortable to play on. But people touting that their necks are uncomfortable huge are just spoiled playing thin necks.

The Schecters I've played have great necks, and I've played quite a few of them. The only one I've ever owned is a Jeff Loomis FR model. But I've played a couple dozen, and none of them have a thicker neck than the PRS 513 I played recently, so whoever says baseball neck is just spouting garbage imo. They're not as thin as an RG550 or a Universe, but they're by no means unplayable.

Now that I got that out of the way, the JP70 is the superior guitar, especially if it comes upgraded with the Dimarzios already. But the Schecter isn't a bad option either, Sterling/Ernie Ball Musicman make excellent instruments and have amazing support.

')