What is going on?

• Thread starter Crungy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I opened up Spotify and there's all of these new tracks by bands I like but they are clearly not the same bands and they're instrumentals.

Dealer absolutely does not have shred guitar lmao

I'm guessing someone fucked up with ascap/bmi stuff or some people got their shit hacked. Weird.

Screenshot_20240827_071728_Spotify.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@ Crungy the first song you have on your list doesn't even show up on the search...
I just went back in to Spotify and they're all gone. Someone must have caught it.

That's so weird!

I tried doing a Google image search of the black and white logo and nothing came up that was specifically that. Lots of other similar sword images but nothing exact that I came across.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Arlo and James Taylor live in my neck of the woods so they're basically local artists to us

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Kinda related. Back in the day when I used to scour the internet for free promo releases I frequently came upon songs that were from other bands, and had just been deceptively relabelled by the uploading artist.

ATR songs were by far the most common misrepresentations, I guess the handful of chodes who were pulling this cute shit really loved them. Kind of funny how they thought nobody would have heard those tracks, even though they were relatively new, which were released by the much more popular (and typically better) bands in the same style.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I've said this before, but on p2p 20-25 years ago, i swear 95% of punk songs were uploaded as Goldfinger, Less Than Jake, Pennywise, or Me First And The Gimme Gimmes.

There were sooo many fake less than jake tunes that were just random Ska bands lol

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I've said this before, but on p2p 20-25 years ago, i swear 95% of punk songs were uploaded as Goldfinger, Less Than Jake, Pennywise, or Me First And The Gimme Gimmes.

There were sooo many fake less than jake tunes that were just random Ska bands lol
That just reminds me of smalltime bands uploading their song with every Nu Metal band in the title. Young Me thought it was a collaboration between the band members or something. Old Me recognizes some smart marketing and SEO manipulation.

')