What is the stupidest injury you've inflicted on yourself?

• Thread starter shotgunn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shotgunn

Reaction score
What is the stupidest injury you've inflicted on yourself?

And how did you do it?

What would you do differently, if anything?

I currently am recovering from a broken left (dominant) hand. I play righty guitars as a righty would though.

In a foolish fit of rage I punched my countertop 3 or 4 times. Due to the height of the counter and the angle of my hand. My 4th and 5th Meta-Carpal's (ring and pinky knuckles) struck the counter. It probably broke on the first punch to be honest. Now I have 5 pins in there (coming out this FRIDAY!!!) And can soon begin more aggressive therapy. Obviously my guitar playing has suffered. I have not stopped playing though. I play almost everyday. I suck at the moment, but I'm just trying to keep some blood flowing and keep the atrphy to a minimum.

If I could do things differently I would have either not hit anything at all or hit my tempur-pedic mattress.

I'll try and post some x-ray pics. Oh, and I got to watch the whole surgery. it was AMAZING!!!! They blocked my nerves and used a tournicate to minimize blood. They used these crazy calipers and tore right through my flesh to force the bones in place. And then drilled the pins right in there. They could have been smashing my arm with a sledge hammer and I would not have frlt anything.

Anyway I just wanted to start an interesting thread here, if it has been done, please excuse me.

Thanx,

shotgunn

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
When I was really littley mother made me do extra maths before school each day. One day I got it into my head to stab myself in the palm of the hand with my pencil.

Yes, it hurt.

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
When I was at school someone said they'd give me a pound if I cut myself with a pencil sharpener blade. I got the quid and got out of the end of Spanish because I was bleeding. That was awesome.

I've self-harmed quite a bit, got quite a few scars on my upper arm, wrist and lower leg.

I put out a cigarette on my hand because I was pissed off with my (now ex) girlfriend. That was about 2 months ago, still got the scar from it.

Not really an injury, but still funny to mention- I set my hair on fire while lighting a cigarette at 3 o'clock in the morning. That smelled really, really bad and before I saw it I was terrified that I'd have to shave my head or something :lol:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I fell over and when I stood up I had a hook in my eye, which I pulled out. All the damage was just my eye was a little bloodshot.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
Pretty mundane, but nevertheless -

I fell off a six foot wall
I jammed my finger in a closing garage door

EDIT - OHHHH, and I burnt myself on a pan in Home Economics Class, and subsequently ran my finger under the HOT water tap.

Fail.

hmmm_de_hum

Reaction score
Still trying to figure out how i actually did this one, basically in my athletics days i stood on my own wrist with running spikes comming out of the blocks (i practically left my hand at the line when i took off, epic stack). Pierced the main vein in my wrist....lots of blood and a trip to hospital for stitches and repair to my wrist and vein :lol:

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
I fell on my head when I was a teen trying to impress some friends with some acrobatic bull shit....

Anyway, I actually damaged slightly one of my cervicals and for the rest of my life I will have some pain in my neck and stress related symdroms because of this little stupid fall.... :noplease:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Jumped from some stairs.

Right foot still hurts.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
I've self-harmed quite a bit, got quite a few scars on my upper arm, wrist and lower leg.

At the risk of sounding preachy......I can't play guitar atm because of that shit so please do me a favour and stop. Its utterly heartbreaking and if problems are that bad there are alternatives. I can't bear the thought of anyone ending up in my boat....:noplease:

Stupid injuries? Yeah, that was mine. Got drunk, got into a row with my fiance of the time, ended up with 15 stitches and a completely fail ring/pinky finger. Hence the tag....

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding preachy......I can't play guitar atm because of that shit so please do me a favour and stop. Its utterly heartbreaking and if problems are that bad there are alternatives. I can't bear the thought of anyone ending up in my boat....:noplease:
I haven't for about a week. The last time I did, I cut myself really deep and it didn't stop bleeding for ages. Kinda scared me. Plus having scars all over my arm is a bitch, I had to tell someone at work the cat scratched me :lol:

Thanks for the concern anyway :yesway:

Reaction score
When i was 16 i was kicking this soccer ball onto a roof. The ball would go on the roof of the house, then roll back off, and i'd try to kick it back up on the roof before it would touch the ground. I kicked the ball one time and it kinda went to the left and rolled off the house, so i had to chase it down to my left. What i neglected to notice or even pay attention to at all was that there was a huge cement slab of a patio out back of this particular house that was raised off the grass about 3 feet. I went to kick that ball with ALL my might, except i didnt kick no ball. I kicked my foot as hard as i could muster not into a soccer ball, but directly into the side of that concret slab!

I ended up shattering my entire foot, and fracturing it in a total of 16 places!!! Yeah, i said 16 different places. Long story short, i have enough titanium in my right foot to make a pretty nice chunk a change at the metal scrap yard!!!

I've been on a permanent prescription for some mild painkillers ever since and will continue to be forever probably. Only because at certain times i cant even walk cause of the arthritis in my foot. Considering my job requires me to be on my feet 98% of the time, they are a god send.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Stupid injuries? Yeah, that was mine. Got drunk, got into a row with my fiance of the time, ended up with 15 stitches and a completely fail ring/pinky finger. Hence the tag....

Dude sorry to hear that :/ Hope you heal up soon

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Dude sorry to hear that :/ Hope you heal up soon

Thanks man - it needs some serious rehabilitation to get back to guitar-playing standard but the Doctor said at the time (about 11 years ago) that I hadn't damaged anything that couldn't be bought back to some degree of functionallity.

Nearly died through blood loss however, that was teh fail.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Thanks man - it needs some serious rehabilitation to get back to guitar-playing standard but the Doctor said at the time (about 11 years ago) that I hadn't damaged anything that couldn't be bought back to some degree of functionallity.

Nearly died through blood loss however, that was teh fail.

Shit :| Thats soem hardcore stuff.

I've never had an life-threatening images, just weird, cringey stuff like the eye thing, knocking my whole tooth out (root and all) and cracking my skull twice.

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
My stupidest injury probably happened when I was three years old. I was bored waiting for my mom to get ready to go get my older brother from school, so I decided to occupy myself by pretending to be a rhinoceros. Long story short, I hit my head on a small table and was bleeding for a good bit before my mom found me and took me to the hospital for stitches.

I've also "fallen" on my guitars and gotten scratches near my eye from the leftover bits of guitar sting, and have lit my hair on fire when I was really stoned :lol:

Reaction score
it needs some serious rehabilitation to get back to guitar-playing standard but the Doctor said at the time (about 11 years ago) that I hadn't damaged anything that couldn't be bought back to some degree of functionallity.

Man, thats one of my biggest fears in life. Losing the ability to play guitar. If anything ever happen to my hands/fingers to the point where i couldnt play guitar, i know i'd fall into a deep depression, maybe even worse. Guitar playing is just that close to my heart!

I hope your fingers heal back up fully man!! In the mean time since you still have your index and middle finger working, you can rock out using the 2 finger Django Reinhardt technique!!

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Shit :| Thats soem hardcore stuff.

I've never had an life-threatening images, just weird, cringey stuff like the eye thing, knocking my whole tooth out (root and all) and cracking my skull twice.

I'm fairly lucky with trivial stuff - Its either terminal or nothing!!

I did have one friend who shot himself on the bollock with an airsoft rifle which was moderately hilarious.....(although he did insist on showing us the bruised article at work....) and the same guy who got an infected penis when a PA piercing went wrong.

"Here chaps, check this out" quoth he...

So, being the unsuspecting and naive types we were, naturally we turned round only to be confronted by a purple and yellow donger with a forlorn ring through the end. MORE hilarity......:lol:

Oh, and the chap who burnt his arse on an electric fire and had two perfectly parrallel 10" blisters across his cheeks.

No, don't ask....

Man, thats one of my biggest fears in life. Losing the ability to play guitar. If anything ever happen to my hands/fingers to the point where i couldnt play guitar, i know i'd fall into a deep depression, maybe even worse. Guitar playing is just that close to my heart!

I hope your fingers heal back up fully man!! In the mean time since you still have your index and middle finger working, you can rock out using the Django Reinhardt technique!!

I've always had music close to my heart, its just taken me this long to realise how much it meant. If I can get myself a guitar then yeah, I suspect there will be some Django licks being recycled - thanks for the good wishes :)

reptillion

Reaction score
When I was about 5, I wanted to go out to play in the snow, so I had my big fluffy mittens on, and I had to staple something, and I didn't have the sense to take of the mitten, so somehow I ended up stapling my hand to the mitten.

In sixth grade, on the last week of school, I took a dare and jumped of the top of the playground structure, only to land my balls on a metal pipe/

This one didn't hurt me, but one guy was about two seconds away from taking a punch at me:

For a science competition, my schools team, which i am on, is at a local high school. The events are in 6 1 hour blocks, and most people have 3 free blocks. My friend and I are hanging out it the schools gym, where people are testing their miniature Wright style planes. About 4 of us climbed up the folded up bleacher, which was about 20 feet tall. By doing this we avoided the kids who werent willing to break the rules and climb up:fawk:. Perfect for private conversation.
About an hour later, I realize I have to be somewhere, so we are all climbing down. Going up theres multiple ways but going down, there was only 1 "safe" way. My friends are using it. I grab my hands around the top, lowered myself down and was about to jump. My moron friends told me one of the funniest things I had heard in a while. I was laughing uncontrollably:lol: and fell backwards. I managed to land feet first, but with my back on someone who appeared to be about a senior in highschool, and I was about 5 inches away from smashing his plane. I felt bad, but as an arrogant kid, my job was to show no remorse, so when the guy started yelling at me, I dared my friends to try jumping off the bleachers. That guy was scary:lol:

EDIT: When I was in 5th or 6th grade, I was biking back to my house from a neighbors house, for some reason I tried to go down a hill with a big rock pile at the bottom, landed on it. I got up and biked home, didnt realize what happened until i saw my bike was bloodstained, saw the bone on both of my knees, and several deep gashes on my neck.

Another incident, my friend and I were swimming by a waterfall/ secluded area by the potomac river, and i dropped a boulder on my leg, got stuck, and once i got out, i had two gashes, whose scares have just disappeared(or im just not flexible enough to find them)

Last edited:

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
Going downhill on a super freshly paved street really fast on a 10 speed, I wasn't in the lowest gear so I decided to switch.

Well the chain dislodged and when I pedaled I lost my balance. Sooo I slid down the road about 10-15 feet.

It was hot that day so I was wearing a wifebeater and shorts.

I ended up getting pieces of new road up from my left elbow to my hand as well as all over my knee...UNDER my skin.

Now that's not the worst of it. I get back up and pedal home (took like 10 minutes?)

I get home and what's the first thing I do? I take the water hose and start trying to wash my wounds.

I have NEVER felt so much physical pain at once in my life... So yeah, I learned the hard way that if you have a really REALLY bad flesh wound, do NOT put water on it. Stings like lemon juice inside a paper cut...

FML

Latest posts

')