What is the stupidest injury you've inflicted on yourself?

• Thread starter shotgunn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
I bled my lips by punching myself in the face some 7 years ago. Now that's stupid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
i was 14. i was on my skateboard and hit a rock. i went off the front off the skayeboard really fast and caught my self with my hands on the concrete before i hit face first. well i jeard a pop and my left arm hurt really bad. i called my mom at work and she came home and took me to the hospitol. they did xrays and come to find out i fractured (cracked) both bones in my left arm (ulna,radius). the doc wrapped it in an ace bandage and a splint and told me to stay off my skateboard for 6weeks. the next day when i got home from school and my mom went to work i went out skating. i used to practice all of my ollie tricks (varials,kickflips,shove-its0 over a tennis net. well on my second pass i tried to clear the net and my back truck hung up. it all went in slow motion as i watched my just fractured arm headed straight for the court floor! yes it hit first!! i WATCHED my arm bend! it didnt pop (it already popped the day before) it just bent! i didnt tell my mom! I TO THIS DAY have a severly bent left arm ( snapped the cracked radius on 2 pieces)! ill get a pic up soon (this is 17 years later now)

heres my arm pics, just took these for the thread. also did i mention i did 90% of my own tats? doeas that count?

DSCN6649.jpg

DSCN6650.jpg

DSCN6651.jpg

DSCN6652.jpg

DSCN6648.jpg

gatesofcarnage

The Canada
Reaction score
Two years ago i for no apparent reason jumped while with some friends came down and broke my knee. that was really fucking embarrsing.:lol:

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
The injury I'm currently still recovering is about the most moronic.

I go to music college, and on Thursdays we do this thing called Live Performance Workshop, and this particular Thursday we were being assessed. Me and Nolly were waiting backstage to go on after the group before us, and before they started one of the tutors said "Practice your power stances" in a joking way, so trying to be funny I decided to pull a massive lunge, lost my footing on my back (right) leg, and fell over backwards on my leg. The fall itself isn't too clear to me, but I must have bent my ankle over, taking all my weight (which there is a lot of) on it, dislocating it, and then as I continued falling, the lower half of my leg must have been flat on the floor, and then bent upwards as my body kept going over, snapping my Fibula (the little bone that is next to the big main one). I definitely remember my leg being under my back as I laid on the floor, and then immense pain as I pulled it out from under me.

Anyway, it didn't feel like anything had broken and there was no pain in my leg, just simply that I might have done some ligament damage, one of my tutors came and checked it out, and said it didn't feel or seem to serious, and then pushed for me to do the assessed performance anyway, which I did sat down.

Cue a week in hospital with 2 relocations of my ankle (they failed the first one) and an operation and some serious metal work that's now in my leg forever, and a screw holding the muscle stuffs in my ankle in place while it heals (which gets taken out a week tomorrow, YAY), and a badass scar and an awesome few days on morphine.
n518493920_1059368_5296.jpg

Awesome

AySay

Banned
Reaction score
1.back when i live in the UK, my dad had a revolver back when i was 5-7. It was just for show, no bullets or anything. As we all know, little boys like guns, so i cocked the hammer and shot. Unfortunately the gun was in my lap, and the hammer took a chunk of my thigh out when it fired...

2.I tripped on a....pine cone (stupid canada... :lol:) rollerblading, and my teeth went through my bottom lip and out the other end, and had to get stitches that hurt like shit... looks fine now though...

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I have scar tissue in both my upper lip and lower lip. In the 3rd grade I tripped on my backpack while walking with my eyes closed (being a smartass) and smacked my lower teeth through my lower lip...

Then in the 8th grade I was sledding on ice, it was one of those metal rail sleds... I hit a dry patch and smacked my top front teeth through my upper lip when I hit the metal and wood cross bar....

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
Jumped on a curb when drunk. Somehow I totally failed that and my right foot slipped and I landed on my ankle (which made it bend over 90 degrees as I fell). That was pretty ridiculous but goddamn it hurt, probably because I'd hurt it so goddamn many times before that while skateboarding and just generally failing with it. I'm pretty sure something's broken in the ankle because it gets painful easily and is sometimes hard to play drums with. I asked my mom to take me to an x-ray when that curb thing happened, but she said that "I'm sure it's just sprained, stop complaining". She's a doctor, but it wouldn't be the first time she's been wrong. Once she got pissed at me when I'd been sick for a week and didn't go to school so she accused me of lying and was pretty mad. I told her I'm not lying and that we should go to see a doctor and see if I'm lying or not. Luckily she accepted, because we went and it turned out that I had pneumonia. Nevertheless, that ankle thing happened after that but she still refused to take me to an x-ray.

Fell when snowboarding and lost my consicousness. I took too much speed so I flew over the landing area. Or that's what my friends told me, as I can't remember anything for about 5 minutes before the jump, or the jump itself. I just woke up and asked my friend if I was dreaming :lol:

Hurt myself everywhere when I used to skateboard. My wrists are all crackly, the right one is worse and gets painful if I tense it, e.g. while playing drums. Luckily it doesn't affect guitar playing at all. The right ankle I already mentioned above. Funnily, for some reason, I've never ever hurt my left ankle, but the right probably almost 20 times :lol:

Those are all I could think of right now, but I know there are more.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
Funnily, for some reason, I've never ever hurt my left ankle, but the right probably almost 20 times :lol:

do you skate regular foot (left first) or goofy foot (right first) or mongo foot ( left foot back while pushing and right (pushing foot) up front)?

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
do you skate regular foot (left first) or goofy foot (right first) or mongo foot ( left foot back while pushing and right (pushing foot) up front)?

I (used to) skate regular, so I suppose that's one reason why my left foot is completely alright.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Mine is not only recent, but guitar/gear related, and comes with photographic evidence!!

So a few months ago, I was on a toy buying binge. I had just purchased a Digitech Whammy pedal, and a Furman powered pedal board. I'd always wanted a pedal board..

So anyway, there I am in my living room excited as a 5 year old on Christmas morning as I'm cutting the adhesive velcro into strips to place on the bottom of each of my stomp boxes to attach them to the base of the pedal board. This is a good time to note that I was using a **brand new** pair of scissors, that was literally making its first ever cuts on the velcro.

So I got all my pedals taken care of, save the Whammy pedal which was last. I noticed as I was placing the velcro on the bottom of it, that it had these little rubber feet on it, that were just tall enough to prevent the velcro from making contact with the board surface. At that point, the mental process went something like this:

"These feet need to come off.. Hmm.. What's near by, and sharp.. A-ha! Scissors!!"

So I'm sitting there, on my living room couch, bent in half as I'm holding the pedal steady with my left (fret) hand and holding the scissors -- one blade style -- in my right hand, using the one blade in sort of a sawing motion in an attempt to coax the rubber feet off the bottom of the pedal. Saw, saw, saw, *slip*, SLICE*****

I drop the scissors, and immediately feel the warm blood gushing down around my left hand.

"oh shit.. OH SHIT!!"

I jumped up and ran to my kitchen sink, little drops of blood marking my path along the way. I started to run water over the wound.

"help... Uhm.. HELP?"

My room mates and a few house guests all came running into the kitchen simultaenously. One roommate grabbed a towel to start cleaning my blood up off the floor, and another asked me for my keys and went to start my car to take me to the ER.

A couple of hours later, my finger looked like this:

n1037431444_30239621_3093.jpg

By some grace of God, I managed to *just* miss my knuckle or any major veins/arteries/nerves, so as soon as I was able to take the stupid band aids off my finger (they got in the way and/or pulled at the stitches), I was able to play guitar normally again. I would have felt like a retard for the rest of my life if I couldn't play guitar properly because I was too impatient while setting up my own gear. :lol:

Moral of the story is: Don't let me use scissors, as I'm apparently not smart enough to use them safely. ;)

RenegadeDave

Huge nerd
Reaction score
21st birthday. One of my buddies brings me a bottle of 151 and says lets take a shot, he's only got 1 shot glass. Having drank all day already I decide "Backdrafts" are inorder (light 151). He only had one shot glass so I go first. Lit on fire. Toss it back. Flaming liquid hits lips (no one told me to blow it out), turn my head out of instinct. Shake my head violently side to side trying to put it out, he grabs me and pours the coca cola he was going to use as a chaser on my head and I thank him. "Dude your ear is still on fire" . I dunked my head in the kiddie pool that happened to be next to me at the party. The next day, I go to the clinic, get some burn ointment and used it diligently. There is no scarring to this day, but I couldn't scrum for 2 weeks (I was big into rugby at the time, #4). There was a band playing at this party. The band stopped while this happened and said "Dude, that was the wildest thing we've ever seen while playing" then went back into song.

Yeah, sometimes when you're cool, you spontaneously combust into a fireball of awesomeness.

But I wager I'm not the only one here who's had this happen.

Origins

Not banned
Reaction score
When I was like 10 years old, I was going down a hill with my bike, having a challenge with my brother. I took a shortcut in the grass, the back wheel burst on a gully hole and then "black hole"..
I came back to life while I was already screaming that it hurts (I have no idea why, ´cause I couldn´t feel a thing).
Then I saw some blurry people over me, saying that it´s going to be ok.
I got to the hospital, throwing up my blood. They had to put a tube in my noise for few hours, to get the blood that went in my stomach.
Then I got informed by my mother that I hit a small wall with some wire netting on the top. While falling backward, I broke my skull on a piece of rock.
There was a big wall few meter next, I don´t even image if I would have hit this one..
I´m quite lucky to be alive :D

Tiger

Reaction score
When I was a teen racing downhill on a mountain bike in a desert environment. Went off course for a split second, went airborne and landed in the very middle of a giant briar patch. It was every bit as awful an ordeal as it sounds. It took my brother almost an hour to extricate me.

I looked like crucifixion jesus.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
I was riding my bike in a park going downhill and my dog was running alongside and out of nowhere she jumped up knocked me flying further down the hill and off into a tree, I got up covered in mud and leaves with very blurry vision my elbow hurt like hell as I'd grazed it all the way from my wrist to my joint were there was this huge patch of skin that had been gouged out.

So I went home wiped my arm down with a cloth then covered the wound up with a dressing thinking I'd be ok and after around two weeks of wearing the dressing I figured I'd change it so I took it off and oh my god it was rank!
Turns out I didn't clean my wound properly and where the deeper part of the wound was now had this huge squishy slime green ooze in it's place.
Have you ever seen that movie "The Fly" when the creature vomits on people and their skin melts?..........Well it looked a lot like that! :lol:

So I ended up going for a tetanus jab which I was worried about cause I have a fear of needles which in the past has resulted in me acting very unpredictable.
I was cool about having the jab until suddenly I could feel the needle moving inside my arm! :barf:
At that point I started to giggle a little bit then I flipped out and pushed the nurse away from me picked up a chair and began waving it about while I still had the needle hanging out my arm, while I was doing all of this I was in the most crazy hysteria for some reason and I couldn't stop laughing!

Eventually the poor nurse got out the room and my mother was called and they had to drag me out of the surgery while I was laughing my fucking head off like the Joker I then got home and spent the rest of the day sat up in bed laughing endlessly and rocking back and forth like I belonged in Arkham Asylum!

I now have this odd looking scar on my right elbow that looks like I scooped out some of my arm with a spoon, so yeah the moral of my story is don't go riding your bike with your dog and always wash your wounds properly.

AngelVivaldi

Contributor
Reaction score
- ive pinched my balls in a drawer in the kitchen... (i guess god DOES have a sense of humor)
- first time i played guitar with my teeth the e string went up into my gums. I pretty much went into cardiac arrest after that one

Latest posts

')