What is the stupidest injury you've inflicted on yourself?

• Thread starter shotgunn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

E Lucevan Le Stelle

in love with Judas
Reaction score
I
I have no real teeth, I was in a car accident when I was 12, I went into a coma for 3 days, the dashboard lifted up and took out all my teeth (in a volvo non the less). Right now my teeth are titanium with a polymer coating (basically non stick) attached to a steel plate drilled into my jaw, good thing I dont remember any of it. But opening bottles and biting through soda cans with my clinical trial teeth is fun

Oh my god...
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Titanium teeth... you're basically Jaws from the James Bond films, but in real life! That's possibly the most metal thing I've ever heard... :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jem7RB

Rootbeer
Reaction score
(1) DH Mtb'ing, broke my leg at Fort William test riding a new bike, adrenaline was pumping hard and i tried twice to remount the bike then i had this odd wave feeling and passed out.
(2) DH again, broke both wrist's and a few fingers when a tree jumped in front of me, i was airbourne and watched as my fingers/hands and wrists stopped my face getting badly fucked.
(3) DH (there's a pattern here) My face protected me from man made jump, good ole face, dislocated jaw.

Many skateboarding injuries too, however my worse was ACL and Hamstring tears playing football 9 years ago, 5 operations and 16 painkillers a day later, i am no better off, and yea, i have my grumpy days.

Rob

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
One time I was trying to bounce a superball really high, so I wailed the superball onto the pavement at which point it bounced at lightening speed back into my nuts.

ballr4lyf

Reaction score
I threw out my back trying to catch a hot pocket falling out of the freezer. It just finally feels healed as of yesterday. Then, last night, I broke my toe running to get the headset for my xbox. First bone I've ever broken. Yeah, it hurts like a mofo.

Blind Faith

Reaction score
When I was about 4 the oven-grill was on and it was on full heat so I thought OMG! BRIGHT COLOURS! must have! bad choice :( my hand got stuck to it and my mum had to come and remove it from the heater things (forgot there name)

When I was 4 again I was in the car and pushed the cigarette lighter in so it turned on, it then poped out so I took it out and seen it was brightly coloured again so I put my finger on it, again my finger got stuck to it and it melted my skin to it. My hand had to be put in a bowl of ice and water to get it off.
I think there is a connection.

Not really about me but I thought it was funny when told it.
My Mum was making a pizza and was chopping things up for the topping, the knife slipped and cut her finger off almost clean off. So she started to cry and run around in pain, I came through and told her to shut up because I was watching batman and I couldn't hear it (I was only 5 at the time) She managed to get ahold of our neighbour to take her to hospital so they could reattach it.

Necky379

Reaction score
i was filling a battery at work and ended up getting battery acid in my eye

tried to see if it was possible to set my leg on fire by spraying it with carb clean and running a trail of it to the bonfire i was at

broken leg dropping in on a half pipe in 8th grade, never skated again just because it wasnt fun anymore, shortly after when i got the cats off i jumped off a staircase (no board involved) and reinjured it

knocked myself out, probably concussed my brain trying to backflip my dirtbike, this summer i have to try again

Cyanide Assassin

play me some metal!!
Reaction score
well when i was about 6 or 7 i was running up the slide at the playground of my church but there was this bigger kid in front of me (chapperone if you will he was like 17 years old) i was close behind hoim and he kicked me in under my chin on accident and i bit my tongue off. got 7 stitches and had to eat jello and pudding for 2 months straight.
2nd one, i was playing baseball in the streets with my brothers and friends when i was 12 and somehow i slid into first place but across some gravel and small debris like rocks and shards of glass left by the street cleaner and cut my left hand open pretty well on my palm. got 6 stitches.
3rd, i was fighting with my brothers and the oldest had the middle brother in a headlock and i went to punch him and he went to punch me, we connected fists in mid air and i broke my ring and pinky meta carpal bones. now i have no ring finger knuckle because its like recessed kinda. had to sit and wait about 4 hours for the parents to get home and take me to the er where they set it and put a cast on for about 3 months.
4th, i was fishing with a friend and walked behind as he was casting and got a fish hook caught in my face just under my left eye. went to the doctor and all they used to take it out were some pliers. got 6 shots in the face to numb face.
5th, was reallllly stupid from doing illegal actions with some of my old friends when i was like 17 and shot a pencil out of a slingshot and it went straight into my left hand about4 or 5 inches deep and tore some of the skin.
just to humor those who have read this whole thing my fiance had walked into a stop sign about 4 or 5 years ago and still have a scar and it hurts to press on the scar. i kinda find it funny. shes also cut her hand trying to eat an apple with a fork.....dont ask why or how...

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I got a huge-ass cut on my finger before from the floppy drive on a rackmount server :lol: stupid thin ass metal

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I was carving a wooden car for a Cub Scout thing and knife slipped and went straight through my index finger

Aside from that...probably slipping on black ice

Edit : this is a bump :(

Fionn

Reaction score
me and two friends filled the sink in my bathroom with lighter fluid (we were young and going through the pyro stage :flame:), as we lit it one of my mates shut the bathroom door, which in turn created a backdraft up the plug hole casuing the flame to engulf me and the other friend!!! i had a pretty sore face for a while, it was pretty brief (but massive) flame so we didn't get burnt properly, just a little singed :flame: :nuts: :lol:

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
In one of my student digs we had open fires upstairs. I waited for all the embers to go out (or so I thought) built the fire up again with kindling etc and was splashing on my accelerant of choice (industrial meths). Just of wind comes down the chimney, hits ember and the flash-fire travels up the meths to the bottle and within half a second the right hand side of my body is completely on fire.

Dropped the bottle, closed my eyes and nutted the first thing that came to hand which was the duvet to put my face out. Meanwhile my other half is frantically trying to put out the secondary fires. Legged it to the bathroom, doused my head then looked in mirror and the skin on the right hand side of my face is bubbling like molten cheese. Put me off smoky bacon crisps for a good while.

Did I mention that this happened on November 5th, had fun explaining that one to A&E.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
During a paintball tournament (when they used hyperball tubes - the hard ones) I tried to bunker a guy but i wasn't looking directly ahead of me.

Planted my foot right against the wall and folded my toes to my shin when my left leg didn't clear a bunker. Shattered talus bone. :(

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
When I was about 15, my friends and I were at a rope swing on a creek in the woods one summer afternoon.

I swung out on the rope and let go to land in the creek. I'd done it a bajillion times before, no problems.

This time, on my way out of the water I stepped on something that kinda punctured my heel. I got out of the water to investigate. It hurt, but it wasn't really bleeding and I couldn't see anything in it, so I figured it was fine.

About 5 minutes later, my friend shouts out "DUDE, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FOOT?!?!"

I look down at my foot, which is now completely covered in fresh blood, thinned out a bit by the overall dampness of my foot.

"I don't know" I said, then investigated.

To this day I have no idea how I did it, but the 'web' between my 'pointer' toe and 'middle' toe was completely split. I've never talked to anyone else who's managed to do that.

The best part was, once I made the discovery, my friend looks at the split web inbetween my toes and says "DUDE, YOUR TOES LOOK LIKE A CUNT!!!" :lol:

I wrapped one of my socks around the foot and rode my bike all the way home, at least 5 miles away. My step-dad didn't get home until about 9 hours later, at which point we went to the ER. The first part of this whole process that actually hurt was when they injected novacaine between my toes so they could clean them with sharp metal things.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
A little story of my first and only 'mind over matter' experience :lol:

About 3 years ago now I first got into prog, and Symphony X's "The Odyssey" (song) was the most amazing thing I had ever heard. I still love it! Anyway, this song used to put me into a totally different world. I think it's the only song that's ever made me feel so epic :lol:

One day I decided to start working out my legs which I had been neglecting, so I thought I'd put this song on and do some calf raises (standing to tip toe and back down). This was the first time I ever tried this, so I had no idea how hard it was meant to be and how much I could expect to do...

I did the whole 24:09 of the song :hbang:

Fuck knows how. I don't know how good or whatever that really is, but several fairly fit friends tried it with me a few months later and none of us could get past 4 minutes. 2-4 minutes totally kills me now.

At the end of that workout I knew I'd done well :lol: I didn't feel like I'd gone too far, just that I'd had a very good workout. I woke up the next morning and literally fell out of bed. It became pretty evident that I had torn both my calfs. I could barely walk for over a month :ugh:

I'm absolutely certain that wouldn't have happened without The Odyssey, and this is why I now believe in mind over matter :hbang:

')