What is the stupidest injury you've inflicted on yourself?

• Thread starter shotgunn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TomParenteau

Tube & Analog Snob
Reaction score
Installing a spring on a strat-type vibrato or Floyd, a large pair of needlenose pliers slipped off. They hit me right between the eyes & blood squirted onto the back of the guitar.

I still have the scar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Espaul

Reaction score
I tried to do (not fully) backflip thingy on the trampoline and land on my back. I ended up landing on my neck, and while I was trying to dampen the fall with my arms the middle finger on my right arm got placed in a weird position. It got sprained and now it's chronically sprained for the rest of my life
(a bit pleonasm at the end there, sorry bout that)

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Marriage.

If I had my time again I'd just chop mah nuts off, throw a bunch of cash away and go quietly mad immediately upon meeting her to save time :lol:

You know, I think it's a shame some people only get one shot at marriage. For those that it doesn't work out for, it could be the other person/the wrong chemistry and they could have a great marriage with someone else, but if you're left with the bitter aftertaste of divorce/the mental damage a divorce can bring, some people never get round to remarrying and I think that's a shame :2c:

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I've had a few daft injuries...

1) Sitting in art class, I had already explained to the teacher (being the flippant and precocial 13 year old that I was) that being told what to paint or sculpt to meet the requirements of a curriculum was not "artistic" in the slightest, and was therefore not doing any work. Whittling away the boredom, I was scraping two craft knives together blade to blade, absent mindedly, until they slipped and one blade whittled away my thumb, creating a huge gash. It didn't strike me until seconds after blood start pissing everywhere that what I had been doing was bound to end in disaster. I'm amazed I didn't have to get it stitched, I'm sure if I'd gone to A&E they would have sewn it up, but I just sterilised it and dressed it and it healed eventually.

2) First day on the job, working at a big hotel, someone hands me two identical pots and says "Heres some tea and some coffee, go out and serve it". I didn't know which was which, the pots being visually the same. I then put them down, lifted the lid on one, put my nose a few cms about the steaming hot liquid and inhaled hard, hoping to smell what it was. The steam burned the insides of my nose, which extended into my nasal cavity. I'm amazed I can still smell anything these days. Thankfully after blinding pain for several minutes, it went numb, and then became the drippiest, runniest nose ever for a few days as the burns healed.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Stupidest is either deliberately soldering my arm when I was 13 in IT or punching through a double glazed (and frosted AND wired) window when I was 14, leaving my right hand fucked and unable to play guitar for 2 months.

Such is youth.

TruthDose

SRS BIDNIZZ
Reaction score
I broke my left hand around 3 or 4, running down a flight of stairs, because I was afriad of the dark up there. I woke my mother up one morning with a thumping sound, I had pulled off my cast and had some dislike for it so I was hitting it against the wall.
This happened twice. Third cast went all they way up past my elbow, and I couldn't get that one off :sephi:

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
You know, I think it's a shame some people only get one shot at marriage. For those that it doesn't work out for, it could be the other person/the wrong chemistry and they could have a great marriage with someone else, but if you're left with the bitter aftertaste of divorce/the mental damage a divorce can bring, some people never get round to remarrying and I think that's a shame :2c:

:agreed:

Absolutely, although I'll leave it at that because the pros/cons and woes of marriage deserve a seperate thread.

The worst actual real injury was this horrendous ankle sprain I got by sticking my foot in an unseen hole whilst running like a loon at school. I was in plaster for 6 weeks and even with rehab it's never really been 100%.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
I snapped my foot completely in half during a Lamb of God set at Gigantour a few years back. I don't even fucking like Lamb of God, but Opeth played, and Opeth is the best band ever. EVER.

Luckily, I work in an Orthopaedic hospital, so I had an excuse to sit a room for 2 hours doing nothing but physical therapy for a few weeks, but I got paid for it!

BTW, yes. It was fucking grose. Air Force 1's don't necessarily prevent your foot from remaining at a 90 degree angle.

lateralus819

Mr. legacy
Reaction score
Wow, I've got a bunch....sorry for the long post.

In December of 07 i was working on my car and it was frequently giving me problems and i was sick of it by then, so i got pissed off, stepped back a few feet gave my fist all the power i could and fuckin drove the fender HARD. Instantly snapped my ring/pinky metacarpals. I for some reason, didn't feel a damn thing, the only reason i knew they were broke was the bones were pushing on the skin quite a bit.

Needless to say i had to have 3 casts, a like gypsum type one which didn't work, a fiberglass which didn't work and another fiberglass which didn't work, that was 3 weeks of bullshitting around waiting to see if it would heal. I ended up having to get surgery.

It nearly cost me $10,000 for that stupid mistake, thankfully i qualified for %100 discount cause of my income. Heres a pic
l_7951e909f32394d275a4b6caef1be08d.jpg

When i was way younger i was (cant remember why) riding my bike trying to flee my brother, and i happened to turn around to see where he was and when i looked forward my eye socket met the corner of a flat bed/ramp truck and knocked me flat on my ass.

Was driving passed my house and noticed my dad was home and i was all excited so i asked my mom to let me out, well i jumped out a little to soon, and the tire ran over my foot. Not completely but my foot was stuck there and i shouted "THE FOOTS ON MY TIRE THE FOOTS ON MY TIRE!!!!" lmao:lol::lol: Splintered the bone in quite a few spots.

Riding my bike in the rain over a bridge, and they had a plywood walkway for pedestrians (the bridge was closed, was built in like 1800s) and i thought it would be cool to lock up the back breaks and skid side ways.Well it was cool, till i fell and my pinky went into a whole in the grate and bent sideways. It hurt a lot, lmao.

These aren't self inflicted but they're funny....

I was helping my brother doing something in the shed and hes the type of person who EXPECTS you to know what he wants. well he bitched at me for not giving him his crescent wrench. So I took off and went to the porch, about 20 feet away. Grabbed his C-wrench and chucked it at the shed, he just so happened to walk out at this time and BAM c-wrench to the forehead! :lol::lol: he had a huge laceration in the shape of a C. Funny part is, he got home with McDonald's for me:hbang:

I was at a job site with my dad and brother in a huge dome shaped ditch, my brother thought it would be cool to throw a 4x4 at my head. Cut me BAD. Huge slice on my forehead.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Blew out my knee playing goddamned kickball... at a company picnic... not even in playing-action but jogging from outfield after the other team got out... didn't see the hole in the ground, planted my foot and my knee bent the wrong way. Then I was next to bat and grounded-out (barely). It was only after that, when my knee was the size of a grapefruit that it worse than just a tweak.

Joker962

Wooooooooooooo!
Reaction score
...running into a one of those glass window things that look like theres nothing there.

I broke my nose and cracked the window.

I had to pay for both the medical bill AND the window.

Can anyone say double whammy?

oh and I also put my hand on one of those really hot furnace things...

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
jumped down a whole flight of stairs and missed the single soft thing down there, which was what i was aiming to HIT.

broke some cartilage between the knuckles in my foot, since i was a kid and the bones hadn´t merged yet. lucky really, because it just fixed itself.

other than that, i´ve only had shit inflicted onto me by others, or by sheer misfortune.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
This one is partly upon myself.
Last Friday I threw my baseball cap at some chick at my friend's house, and the hard peak bit hit her in the head.
So she came up to me, pissed off and her fist went into my face, just below my right eye.
Luckily, she was some fat, totally unfit girl so it wasn't too bad of an injury.
I can still feel the lump under my eye too:lol:

IDLE

Reaction score
I was cutting something in the nude with some old scissors, the old really heavy sharp kind, and I dropped them on to the tip of my penis. Got a nasty gash that got infected and I had to be on antibiotics for quite a while. I learnt my lesson, never hold sharp things over your genitals.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Hmmm, where do I begin? :lol: :idea:

I was around 4 or 5, and my mom and I had gone out for ice cream; as my mom was getting the ice cream I was sitting at the table and decided to stand up on my chair and jump off. I hit the floor, my head hitting and cracking the tile; I was fine, but just a little shaken up. The guy behind the counter gave me an ice pack, and my mom our ice cream for free so she wouldn't sue them for my own stupidity.

I was around 14 I want to say, I was opening a toy for my little sister that she just got, and my knives are all *very very very* sharp, and I'm right handed. I decided it would be best for me to use my left hand instead, slipped and stabbed myself in the right hand right in the webbing in between my thumb and index finger. I didn't go to the hospital, but my mom put a butterfly clip on the wound as well as a gauze bandage.

This is a fairly recent injury from last year. I was out mowing the lawn, and our lawn mower wouldn't start up properly, so I went to check and see if the spark plug came loose; nope, all good. Next on my check list? Priming the motor, so I took one of my yardwork gloves off and primed the motor, my left ring finger touched a part of the motor (it was REALLY HOT), and it took me about 10 minutes before I went inside and ran my finger under cold water and bandaged it up with some aloe vera lotion. I couldn't play guitar for about two weeks, unless if I only used 2 or 3 fingers. :wallbash:

I've done other stupid shit, and have some stupid shit done to me by other people, but there's too much to remember. :lol:

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
attempted to be a skater for an afternoon ended up breaking the radial head (elbow basically) in my left arm. The doctor said that is one of the hardest bones to break due to the fact that its a ball....yet...through my skin i can still feel the cracks.

vontetzianos

Reaction score
happened yesterday, i was shaving, and i put the razour on this small rack next to my mirror. It slipped, fell, and sliced my small toe. It took me 2 hours to stop the bleeding.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Got the fingers of my right hand shut in a door when I was five years old. Broken. Broke both my thumbs racing a supermarket trolley around a car park back when I was 16. Fun times. It's amazing that I can still play instruments at all after all the danger I've put my hands through.

')