What is the stupidest injury you've inflicted on yourself?

• Thread starter shotgunn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vairocarnal

...is something.
Reaction score
Does being your own piercer count? I've given myself 200+ piercing in the last ten years and I've still got 21 of 'em.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
Oh, are we posting pictures?

dsc01360l.jpg

*waits for barrage of abuse*

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
FOOTSIES.JPG

it's picture time?

i did this to myself last year and it felt great. :rolleyes:
(this pic is after the bleeding stopped and i cleaned it up)

i was re-organizing my rack and had a 1U rack shelf on the floor. with the lights off, i stepped right into one of its sharp corners.
i knew i had sharp metal on the floor and i was STILL walking around in the dark. :noplease:

it took well over a month to heal because it kept re-opening just from walking. any deeper and i would have needed stitches, so i guess i lucked out there.

still, it was pretty stupid.

Wi77iam

Ibanez fanboi
Reaction score
i was about 5, my brother was chasing me and i looked back to see where he was, then i turned around and WHAM! i bust my eyebrow open on the metal pole of a hills hoist.
when i was 10, I was playing soccer barefooted on concrete, took a shot and kicked the floor :lol: about 5 stitches on that.
15 - dislocated my left shoulder playing keeper.. then I took a week off, played the next week and dislocated it once more.. I played about 3/4 of the season and dislocated it about 8 times or so :lol:

oh and one more, I was swinging a guitar around in music class and my mate "walked" into my path and smacked him in the eyebrow and he got about 4 stitches :lol:

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
Lit a bonfire with gasoline a few months ago. Funny thing is that I've done it a hundred times. For some reason, this time I got engulfed in flames. Took about 2 months for my eyebrows to look completely normal again...lost 1/2 an inch off my goatee...and about 1/8 of an inch off my front hairline. :yesway:

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
i reached under a cement tamper for a soda can once and crushed my fucking hand :lol:

ILdÐÆMcº³

Reaction score
Slit my wrist while trying to learn wood carving. It wasn't bad but it left a scar and in an unfortunate place lol. People probably think I tried to off myself, but no I stabbed myself while trying to make a wooden gnome with an erection...

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I did almost the same thing, except instead of slitting my wrist I stabbed myself pretty deep right at the base of my index finger

A few days ago while cutting a box the knife also slipped out and cut the same index finger (on my fretting hand :( ) about an 1/8 - 1/4" deep at the very last joint so I haven't been able to play this week

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
The part on the joint itself has healed so I can bend it with only mild pain but it sucked not being able to do a basic power chord, I felt so helpless

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
One time I was putting some christmas decorations on my balcony (living with my parents at the time), and i tripped on a fucking cord and fell off my balcony. Next thing I knew i was in a car being driven to the hospital. Luckily nothing really bad happened to me other than a few bruises and small cuts. Not to shabby from falling off of balcony.

Se7enMeister

*Likes Basswood*
Reaction score
I've crashed while skiing ~60 mph, slid about 75 yards in to a berm, no injuries
I got a concussion from barefoot skiing, went face first in to the water at 39 mph, along with two black eyes and a bloody nose (the thing was my girlfriend took harder falls and NEVER got hurt)
I have no real teeth, I was in a car accident when I was 12, I went into a coma for 3 days, the dashboard lifted up and took out all my teeth (in a volvo non the less). Right now my teeth are titanium with a polymer coating (basically non stick) attached to a steel plate drilled into my jaw, good thing I dont remember any of it. But opening bottles and biting through soda cans with my clinical trial teeth is fun

Last summer I fell into a pool and hit my knee on the side of the deck, got some nerve damage and cant fell and thing below my left knee. Which drive me to wild bets, like last week I stapled a test I took to my leg, $20:D

Also last summer I was mountian biking and took a really hard hit head on in to a tree, flew probably 25 feet on to a hill, got up no problems. Except the fact that I had a half inch diameter diameter stick stabbed in to my side. Crazy thing was I didnt feel a thing. Went to the hospital and it went 2 inches deep but missed and thing vital, was out of the hospital 3 hours later and back on the trails

too many cuts and scrapes from bmxing

I really am not supposed to do anything dangerous since it might endanger me from getting a swimming scholorship :fawk: I like to live my life to the fullest and I always try new extreme sports, starting motor bike racing this summer

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
I grabbed a hot soldering iron in an electronics class, we have just gotten everything out and oen of my buds kindly plugged it in for me. Not realising this, I picked it up.

A.) It hurt
B.) I had a burn mark on my finger for a week

On separate ocassions I slammed both of my thumbs (from about where the thumbnail starts) in the car door.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;1410908 said:
On separate ocassions I slammed both of my thumbs (from about where the thumbnail starts) in the car door.

dude that hurts so bad. I got my fingers stuck in a car door once and it was easily one of the worst pains I have encountered in my life. I have broken my nose and my wrist in three places and that didnt hurt nearly as bad as getting my fingers caught in a car door. The other worst pain I have encountered in my life was dropping a can of pumpkin pie mix from the top shelf on one of my toes (it sounds dumb, but it was literally the worst pain in my entire life). I ended up with a broken toe after that.

')