What is the worst CD you ever bought?

• Thread starter Floppystrings
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
paganinialbumcover.jpg

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score
I have such a vivid memory of my worst purchase. I was in high school in the mid 90s, and my friend had just turned me on to Iron Maiden. The first album I heard was Number of the Beast. I was so into it, I had to rush right out and buy the CD ($15). Soon after, I was in his car and I heard "The Trooper" --holy shit, I was floored how awesome that was. He told me it was off of the "Peace of Mind" album. I ran right out to throw down another $15 to get that album. One day I was watching MTV (they still played videos back then), and I saw the video for "Wasted Years," and saw it was on the "Somewhere in Time" album. I went to the store to buy that CD, and struck up a conversation with one of the sales guys, and he told me I would love "Powerslave," so I went ahead and threw down $30 for both albums.

I'm at home, surrounded by Iron Maiden. That's all that I'm playing. I decide to hit up the store to see what else they have. I see "Fear of the Dark" and "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son," and decide to buy them blindly. Another $30 down, I take my CDs home and play the fuck out of them. I can't believe music sounds this cool.

I've been up at the music store and seen how many albums they have. I'm a poor high school kid, so spending all this money is really hurting my wallet. They have 4 or 5 albums that I don't have. I have to have them. I see "The X-Factor" there, and I want to hear it so badly, but I don't have the cash. I'm so hyped on Maiden at the time that I scan my CD collection to see what I can trade in.

I really don't want to give anything up, but I just have to get another Maiden fix. I take in Metallica's "Master of Puppets," and Slayer's "Seasons in the Abyss," and "Reign in Blood" to get enough trade credit to get "The X-Factor." Hoo-boy, I was not ready for the turd that violently spun in my CD player. I was so angry. My friend, of course, gave me the great "you should've said something to me before you left" advice. Not only was I stuck with this turd, but I was out three badass albums that went toward it's purchase. The sales clerk must've laughed his ass off when he saw me come through with that album.

Needless to say when "Virtual XI" was released, I gave the promo poster the middle finger. I still don't think I've fully recovered from that awful album.

Sikthness

Reaction score
^ come on, worst cd? really? if masstaden is the worst cd you've ever purchased, youre doin pretty good. Before it was easy to preview music on the internet, a lot of us were condemned to play the game of "Cool cover art roulette", and ended up w/ awful death metal cds.

decypher

Reaction score
Around 1990 I thought it would be cool to own pretty much any shred metal album, this one changed my mind about that.

Guy%20Mann-Dude%20-%20Sleight%20Of%20Hand.jpg

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Fair enough. A good friend of mine and I go back and forth because honestly, I'm just not a fan of TBDM, but that's pretty much his favorite band. I only like one song from them and strangely enough, it has some pretty cookie cutter - type metalcore pedal riffs, but in a way that's pleasing to my ear. That song would be Closed Casket Requiem. I kinda dig their cover of Paint It Black too, but that would be more because I like that song and think a metal version of it would be pretty awesome.

Miasma is one of my top five favorite albums, and I don't really see the metalcore-ness in it. It's basically an american melodeath album. I think all of the cookie cutter metalcore bands ruined that sound completely so everybody gets the two genres confused....yet another reason to hate genres. :lol:

:EDIT: What's wrong with The Chronicles of the Juiceman? I love old 3 6 mafia and Jiucy J has some of the best verses on their old albums. Also, his beats are so hard.

Guitarman700

Reaction score
What do you mean by "Avenged Sevenfold is a let down"?
Personally I love the band

The worst I've ever heard is Follow The Leader by Korn.
psuedo-nu metal gay shit. No song on that album is good.

When you're done being a 16 year old who uses gay as a slur, maybe you'll understand.
Anyway, for me? Dragonforce. That one with the song that has the lyric "SO FAR AWAAAAAY" on it.

77smk77

Reaction score
What do you mean by "Avenged Sevenfold is a let down"?
Personally I love the band

The worst I've ever heard is Follow The Leader by Korn.
psuedo-nu metal gay shit. No song on that album is good.

I like a7x... I just think that Nightmare album wasn't their best work. I grew up listening to their first two albums so I guess I grow less fond of them the more they move away from that. City Of Evil was pretty amazing though...

devolutionary

No longer 7-less
Reaction score
Bizarrely enough, I think the worst CD I ever bought wasn't even that bad. It'd have to be Static X "Shadow Zone" and I like that album. But I haven't bought shit CDs.

Now if we want to include cassette tape and digital downloads, ohhhh boy! Things get a bit more... crap at that point.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Anyway, for me? Dragonforce. That one with the song that has the lyric "SO FAR AWAAAAAY" on it.

AH, right through the heart of my inner fanboy!

I've never bought an album that was really bad, so here are by biggest disappointments.

"Metallica-Death Magnetic" I was coming off of Ride the Lightning and my hopes were high.

"Scar Symmetry-Iconoclast" I wanted more Holographic Universe and it failed to deliver.

')