What is the worst CD you ever bought?

• Thread starter Floppystrings
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
sepultura_roots.jpg

Am I the only one who hates this album? I can't be. I bought this because everybody said it was the shit. And boy oh boy, was it ever. :wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dooredge

Leatherneck
Reaction score
Am I the only one who hates this album? I can't be. I bought this because everybody said it was the shit. And boy oh boy, was it ever. :wallbash:

I don't hate the album, but it was definitely the beginning of the end for a once great band. :noplease:

Ambit

Beansack!
Reaction score
I'd have to say the worst physical CD that I have purchased was Death Magnetic

Black43

Hated Ibanezes once
Reaction score
What do you mean by "Avenged Sevenfold is a let down"?
Personally I love the band

The worst I've ever heard is Follow The Leader by Korn.
psuedo-nu metal gay shit. No song on that album is good.

Ok then, I apologize for using the wrong words at the wrong time. I don't mind Korn, just hate the album.

broj15

Reaction score
perhaps this wasn't the worst album I ever bought, but it was the biggest dissapointment (almost forgot, flame suit on):

bornOfOsiris-theDiscovery.jpg

Honestly I feel like they have gotten a little less amazing with each release.

grey dog

Reaction score
limp bizkit - gold cobra
metallica - st anger
madonna - the imaculate collection :wallbash:

morrowcosom

Reaction score
Worst-
Eighteen Visions- Eighteen Visions: Just fucking horrible, mopey radio hard rock.
Close second-
The Dillinger Escape Plan- Option Paralysis

Most Boring-
Amon Amarth- With Oden on Our Side: They work good hearing a song every now and then, but a whole CD of them just bored the hell out of me.

Biggest Letdown-
Down- Down II: After the awesome riffs, great vocals, and the sludgy vibe of NOLA, Down decided to release a bluesy, hard rock record with a heavily drugged up, shitty vocalist.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
surely you must be a -core kid. Nightmare is easily A7x's best album, and tbh Escape the Fate blows.

I only heard Avenged Sevenfold for the first time three weeks ago through my drummer. Listening through their albums, it's pretty obvious Nightmare is watered down commercial stuff compared with the delirious madness of the previous two discs.

Worst I've bought probably Taproot- Gift, which had no redeeming features for me, or Divine Aeternum which I picked up in a bargain bucket in Hungary.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
sepultura_roots.jpg

I'd have to agree with you. That album is pretty overrated, IMO.

*Flameshield on* I'm glad that they got the new singer and went more towards the heavier stuff again. :flame: All they need is a damn rhythm guitarist. :lol:

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
Vertú

Richie Kotzen + jazz-rock fusion heavyweights ... I was expecting it to be an amazing production when it came out; but, I was barely able to finish listening to it once. I tried to give it to another musician friend, as a gift, but he told me that he had already bought it and then given it away.

Reaction score
I like that Sepultura album, but the previous one was a bit more raw.

They went from sounding like early Morbid Angel, to sounding like Slayer, and then Korn.

I bet they have lots of fans that are like, wtf, play thrash again.

Reaction score
I know, I was trying to imply that they were trying to get a bit heavier with their newer stuff. :p

It has some thrashy parts, it just seems to gentle.

I kinda wish they would go back to the roots thing, and do a more melodic heavy thing but in the vein of jent or heavy guitars.

Oh well, the band isn't the same anymore obviously.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I didn't actually buy this, but my friend burned it for me because it was the greatest band in the world, and I didn't have internet or anything to know about them

nickelback-7.jpg

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
had a girlfriend buy me Bon Jovi - Crush because I sang "It's My Life" whenever it came on the radio. I guess the moral of the story is not to listen to the radio with your girlfriend.

')