What is your Dream Set-Up?

• Thread starter OwlsHaveEyes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Can I make another update for mine?:lol:

Mesa Mark series amp.
Pair of Roland JC120s.

Boss DS1 (already owned).
Boss NS2 (already owned).
Boss phaser and flanger (already owned).
Keeley Compressor.
Boss Equalizer.
Two Boss DD7s.
Boss DD3 (already owned).
Marshall Chorus (already owned).
Ernie Ball volume pedal (already owned).
Boss Harmonizer to replace my whammy pedal.
Boss reverb pedal.
Boss GT6, 8 or 10.
Gigrig Pro 14 switching system.

The guitar goes into an ABY box which splits the signal between the Mark and one of the JC120s. The JC120 has the GT unit in front of it...mostly for compression, delay, and occasional wierd noises.
The Mesa and the stomp boxes are controlled via the Gigrig switching system. The volume pedal and harmonizer are before any of the loops, then it goes...

compressor>>>distortion>>>>gate>>>equalizer>>>>preamp section>>>first DD7>>>>phaser>>>flanger>>>>chorus

After that, it goes into the DD3, which is set for a subtle short delay that's on all the time, then into the second DD7, which is set for a long delay, and also on all the time, but with an expression pedal controlling the level, so it can be blended in and out. The first DD7 has a tap tempo switch attached, and is exclusively used for U2-style rhythmic delays, hence it being behind the modulation effects.

The second JC120 is used exclusively for guitar synth, and would ideally have its own volume pedal so it can be blended in with the regular signal.

The guitars are pretty much the same as before. I'd actually be pretty happy with the guitars I've got if I could just add an eight string and a trans-trem guitar, plus some new PUs, and possibly an OFR for my M207.

Basically that's the main thing I'd really like at the moment; a two-part rig with a decent quality valve amp and nice selection of stomp boxes on one side, then a hyper-clean rig with a decent multi-fx on the other.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
So far my pedalboard is nearly there:

Direct chain:

Morley Bad Horsie (own)
Vox Satchurator (own)
Electro Harmonix Micro Pog
Digitech Whammy (own)

For metal, the Satchurator goes in favour of a Boss NS2 with an Ibanez TS9 in the loop (both of which I own)

FX Loop chain:

Boss Tuner (own)
Morley Little Alligator (own)
Boss Super Shifter (own)

The next 4 connected via Loop master switches:

Boss Chorus Ensemble (own)
Boss Flanger (own)
Boss Super Shifter (own)
Boss Tremolo (own)

Boss Xtortion (own)
2 Vox Time Machines (own 1)
Boss Giga Delay (own)

So far my Peavey XXX is my dream amp. But other options:

Hughes and Kettner Triamp Mk II
Bogner Shiva
Roland JC 120 for guitar synth (distressed_romeo... seems were's a tad similar here :lol:)
Peavey 5150
EVH 5150 III
Fender 59 Bassman (similar to what Vai does with his Fender Dual Pro amp)

Acoustic/Double Edge stuff goes through a Visual Sound Volume direct to DI/Mix Desk.

For guitars, it's mostly a custom dreaming (namely Ibanez) but with lots of flash :lol:...

Guitar 1 (and variations):

RG style. Basswood body, HSH 2 Dual Dimarzio Breeds, 1 Red Velvet middle, reversed headstock. Right now my modded RG470 fits this. The rest is cosmetics: Black guitar, red scratchplate + painted neck, ebony board, red dragon inlay. Another variations of this guitar will have a guitar synth (EMGs replacing the Dimarzios). Variation 2 will have a Double Edge, Dimarzios, but replace all red with green. My other RG fits this right now, sans the middle pickup and excessive cosmetics. My main 7 will also be based on this black/red RG w/Liquifire, Blaze S, Crunchlab.

Guitar 2:

RG style. Similar to above but change black/red to white/blue. Replace Dimarzios with Seymour Duncans: Full Shred Bridge, Antiquity 2 Middle, Pearly Gates or Sustainer Neck. Guitar Synth and 7 string variation w/Blackouts. Replace dragon inlay with a 2 tigers. :lol:

Guitar 3:

Les Paul style. Mahogany, Gold finish + matching headstock, Gibson Access style neck joint, 24 frets, Edge bridge. Rosewood board w/Hanafuda Card inlays. Same electronic system on Les Pauls, Dimarzio PAF Joe Neck, Mo Joe Bridge.

Guitar 4:

Les Paul DC style. Almost similar to above, but with Aqua Green finish, Mirror inlays, and Dimarzio Fred Neck, Norton Bridge.

Guitar 5:

JS Style but with Alder Body, Regal Violet finish (like Herman Li's EGEN), maple board, 24 frets, snake/water inlay, natural headstock. Edge Bridge, HSS, Dimarzio Evo Bridge, Blue/True Velvet Middle, Virtua Vintage 54 Neck. Orange Scratchplate. My Squier Strat is loosely modelled after this sans locking bridge, maple board and excess.

Guitar 6:

Similar to above, replace Violet/Orange with Red/White. Faux cracked wood design for inlays, Seymour Duncan Dual Phat Cats.

Guitar 7:

Early/Mid 90s SZ style. Ash Body, set maple neck, rosewood fingerboard + phoenix inlays. Sugizo/Aoi pickup config: SD lil59+Lace Sensor N, SD JBjr+ Lace Sensor B. Deep Ocean blue finish.

Guitar 8:

Xiphos style (or even a V fariation of it): Black Chameleon finish + Red Chameleon Bevels, or Blue/Silver scheme, or sparkly gold finishes :lol:. Edge Bridge, Dual D-Activators (or Super Distortions for the blue).

I could do this all day....

Why so many guitars? I play too many styles of music with various bands, sessions. Plus I dream big. :rofl: :rofl:

ckh

Reaction score
lacs ibanez with wizard-ll 26.5" scale, 24 dunlop 6000s, maple fretboard, roman numeral inlays, floyd rose 7, white (or badass orange) rga body, emg 81-7 in the bridge, emg 707 in the neck, grover tuners, .70, 52-10 gauge strings, and on the back of the body it says "i have a custom guitar, what have you done with your life!"

')